Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I wonder where all these universes are going after the CONVERGENCE event is done.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    if i was to guess; i'd say at least a few of them will; if not merge; have elements of them siphoned off and combined with earth-prime & 2 to form a new main earth

This is kind of like reading the invite list to a party, I'm excited to see all the R.S.V.P.'s. As a new 52 reader I wasn't interested in this when I first heard of it, but now I am just to see what makes all these characters fan favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    This is kind of like reading the invite list to a party, I'm excited to see all the R.S.V.P.'s. As a new 52 reader I wasn't interested in this when I first heard of it, but now I am just to see what makes all these characters fan favorites.
    Well, I'd hold off on judging "what makes these characters fan favorites" just from their appearances in Convergence. We don't know yet if DC is going to do them right or not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I wonder where all these universes are going after the CONVERGENCE event is done.

I imagine they'll be shunted off to some other, supposedly harder-to-access, location. Rather like the Earth 2 Superman, Lois, and Superboy-Prime at the end of COIE.

So basically they can bring them back if they want to, but they will have established that it isn't likely to happen casually.

Earlier revelations had pre-coie teen titans, omac, etc. so might also see the old earth 1 jla. My guess is these alternate realities will survive the latest crisis so future stories can be told about them. A multiversity regular title could visit these other universes.

I loved those smexy male Legion costumes! That's what they wearing when I first started reading them, so to me that's the classic Legion.

Which I'll probably never see again, even in an event like this.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, I'd hold off on judging "what makes these characters fan favorites" just from their appearances in Convergence. We don't know yet if DC is going to do them right or not.
    Well, any version of Wally as Flash - even Baron's - is more right than what we have now.

Cass worries me; she's a very, very hard character to get right, and very few writers done it. Still, I'm hopeful it'll be fine.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 11-07-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    WWEll, nay version of Wally as Flash - even Baron's - is more right than what we have now.
    But the New 52 did finally give everybody a "Wally West" . . . so why aren't they happy?

Sometimes, it's better to just have happy memories of characters stuck in limbo that could potentially return some day the way people remember them, rather than see how the current DC would actually reimagine/reinterpret them.

BANNED

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But the New 52 did finally give everybody a "Wally West" . . . so why aren't they happy?
    Because he is 12 years old and bellow every single character in the current universe.

Current char is not a re-interpretation of Wally in many more levels than it is. i never asked for Wally exactly the way he was, just for a respectful re-interpretation.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Because he is 12 years old and bellow every single character in the current universe.

Current char is not a re-interpretation of Wally in many more levels than it is. i never asked for Wally exactly the way he was, just for a respectful re-interpretation.
    What BD said. I'm aware that there are changes to most characters, but could their personalities at least have been kept intact? It's not as bad as what happened to poor Bart, but still...

I want to give the new Wally a chance nonetheless.
    Last edited by PennyDreadful; 11-07-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Earlier revelations had pre-coie teen titans, omac, etc. so might also see the old earth 1 jla. My guess is these alternate realities will survive the latest crisis so future stories can be told about them. A multiversity regular title could visit these other universes.
    And that? Would be awesome. Make them digital-first comics separate from the new 52 somehow.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Eldritch View Post
    Whoa! Who made this version?

There's one more I wish could have been there: 1970s TV SHAZAM!

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

For dcu live versions, the Smallville tv show had lots of dc characters.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    And that? Would be awesome. Make them digital-first comics separate from the new 52 somehow.
    The digital first series don't seem to last so long. They always sell worst than most new52 books. Seems that either the readers want it to "matter" or don't put their money where their mouths are.