Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default ALL AXIS PASS: Brevoort on Kluh, Iron Man and X-Men United

Tom Brevoort talks about the origin of Kluh, a real Hulk's Hulk, the X-Men's new mutant/human stance, Spider-Man's role in "AXIS" and more.

Full article here.

BANNED

So will we see the non-inverted x-men take a stand?

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

After being ok with the first three issues, this one just completely fell flat for me. It just seems like things are happening with no explanation as to why.

Yeah, we know the Wanda/Doom inversion spell messed people up, but that's only been articulated in interviews. If I read the story cold, it'd just seem like everyone's acting like an @$$hole.

Unless the rest of the series makes a dramatic turnaround, this could likely be the worst event Marvel's put out in a long time. Probably even worse than Fear Itself, which is saying something.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Incredible Member

Worse than BotA??

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    After being ok with the first three issues, this one just completely fell flat for me. It just seems like things are happening with no explanation as to why.

Yeah, we know the Wanda/Doom inversion spell messed people up, but that's only been articulated in interviews. If I read the story cold, it'd just seem like everyone's acting like an @$$hole.

Unless the rest of the series makes a dramatic turnaround, this could likely be the worst event Marvel's put out in a long time. Probably even worse than Fear Itself, which is saying something.
    Even if you didn't read interview, #3 clearly spells out the inversion if you actually read the comic.

I figured we might get shown the non inverted side and for the x-men in Paticular I'm really happy with that.
    X-Men Forever

so in order to understand the logic of the inversions, we have to 1. read an interview with brevoort, 2. comprehend some old D&D gameplay methodology?

what happened to clear storytelling..

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Worse than BotA??
    Oh, right. Forgot about BotA. Ok, so better than that, but worse than most of the other recent events.

BANNED

The d&d is a smoke screen, the inversions are bad guys now good and the reverse to the good guys. They are just trying to give it some complex nature by stating character trait that have been present. Pretty much the heroes both avengers and x-men acting on inhibitions.

Remember Sam's speech on being "liberated"

Edit: clear storytellin died when BMB was brought on to marvel.
    Last edited by Hariel0079; 11-06-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Even if you didn't read interview, #3 clearly spells out the inversion if you actually read the comic.
    I did, but, if I recall correctly, that was explained as switching Xavier and Skull's personalities (two beings in the same body) and not reversing the personality traits of everyone else.

Spectacular Member reptarcereal's Avatar

Dodson's art is anything but 'slick' or 'super stylish.' I used to really enjoy Dodson's style but the last few years it's gotten rather half assed. I know his inking partner is his wife, but I'd love to see his art inked by someone else for a change.

Ultimate Member

Apparently the tie-ins show the inversions more explicity. So basically to fully understand what the Hell is going on, you need to buy supplemental materials. Yeah that's some stellar writing/plotting there. Oh and the whole "let's make the heroes into dicks as our main premise" thing still isn't appealing to me in the slightest.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Good weather?

You'll freeze your cheeks off when the fog rolls in, pal.

SF aint So Cal.

Amazing Member

This seems to hinge on the very thing that Marvel execs used to complain about about regarding Dr. Strange, that MU magic has no rules. It can do too many things, and because of that it ends up draining the tension out of stories.

So a magic spell has been cast that does -- well, what exactly? Roderick Kingsley is still villainous, except he franchises good-guys now instead of bad-guys. If the Hulk feels down, he turns into a Sad Hulk who spells his name backward? It's like they wrote a bunch of personality traits up on a cork-board, then randomly threw darts. "OK, this spell throws a kink into nearly everyone's head. Rick, what monkey-wrenches do you want to throw into Tony's head? Brian, what about you? Pick out of a hat..."

Can anyone describe if there is a real rhyme-and-reason to the inversions?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Good weather?

You'll freeze your cheeks off when the fog rolls in, pal.

SF aint So Cal.
    HAHAH I was about to say the same. I love visiting my northern brothers and sisters but it ain't no West Hollywood.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I did, but, if I recall correctly, that was explained as switching Xavier and Skull's personalities (two beings in the same body) and not reversing the personality traits of everyone else.
    Well obviously the spell created by wanda and doom went more then intended. You did see the birds eye view of Genosha right?

Thr magic engulfed the island affecting more then red skull
    X-Men Forever