Default Sensation Comic #14 Spoilers

Diana and Supergirl pitted against each other by nefarious aliens!

This is my first exposure to Gilbert Hernandez's writing and drawing. I can get with the retro storytelling. I like his Diana's can-do attitude (reminds me of Marston). The art is not so much my cup of tea.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

BANNED

this is pretty much golden age feel. WW biceps are really big

the story is nice, good see supergirl trying to do the right thing. seema like mary marvel on next one

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

This is what a Wonder Woman comic should be. I always figured Gilbert Hernandez would have a strong affinity for the character, and this did not disappoint.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I bought this chapter but haven't read it yet. I did skim through it and the art is a bit.........awkward.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I bought this chapter but haven't read it yet. I did skim through it and the art is a bit.........awkward.
    I agree ... I think that is deliberate though as they are making a clear play on the GA.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I agree ... I think that is deliberate though as they are making a clear play on the GA.

It's not that. Diana's head and body seems to change size in various panels. She kind of looks like Arnold Schwartzeneger in drag.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

The story is really good, but I can't get pass Wondy's huge biceps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    It's not that. Diana's head and body seems to change size in various panels. She kind of looks like Arnold Schwartzeneger in drag.
    LOL ... It's not my cup of tea either, but I took it as them doing this rather deliberately, not a lack of artistic skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    LOL ... It's not my cup of tea either, but I took it as them doing this rather deliberately, not a lack of artistic skill.

I could see that for the biceps but when her head kept changing size throughout the story, it really started to make me wonder if it was deliberate or not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
    Don't worry. That is one thing we will absolutely not see on the big screen.

Don't get me wrong I do like the art, it's just her biceps were kinda distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Don't worry. That is one thing we will absolutely not see on the big screen.
    I like Gal. She reminds me of Jim Lee's Wonder Woman.

Extraordinary Member

Definitely has a Marston/Golden Age feel to it. Fun little story
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
    That's always been one of Gilbert Hernandez's kinks, which is one reason why I've always hoped he'd do something WW-related. The art seems to be a bit on the animated side for him.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison