Default Sensation Comics #13 Spoilers

Just finished reading the issue. Hmm...part one led me to expect a more complicated tale than this turned out to be. Despite Cheetah's savagery this is a simple and sentimental story at the end of the day. More beautiful artwork. Some nice pre-nu52 shoutouts that I won't spoil. I would like more from Michael Jelenic.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The Cheetah was shown to be quite powerful and savage in this story. I liked how they showed the power of her strength, speed, and her claws. She really knocked Diana around like a rag doll for a bit. The overall message of the story was heart-warming to say the least. I was pleasantly surprised to see Hippolyta don her Wonder Woman outfit as I thought we might never see that again after all of the controversy that was raised on that topic about 5 years ago.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

...yeah, Cheetah definitely came across as a worthy adversary.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

BANNED

this type of story make me miss the old WW origin.
    again great mother/daughter story; cheetah was awesome. new 52 should use this cheetah design. I also think cheetah did well because WW was too focused on the egg.

What a wonderful story... my favorite in a long, long while. I love the bonding between Diana and Hippolyta, as well as the fierce battle between WW and Cheetah (looove that she created basically a fiery tornado). Seriously, get Jelenic and Johnson on this book.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yeah, I want Jelenic and Johnson on this book as well. After three years of Zeus overshadowing Hippolyta, this is what the doctor ordered.

Cheetah was awesome here, even if the conflict was resolved a little too suddenly.

BANNED

ares overshawed Hipollyta...

Can't wait for the story on apokolips

some great art on sensation comics

Extraordinary Member

This issue was

FANTASTIC!

Magnificent art, and the story was everything that Wonder Woman can be and should be

Well except no Tom. But STILL!

If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Is this book selling well? I am just wondering because i'd really like WW to get a proper second book. Like how Batman has "batman" which is more superheroic and "detective" which is more noir/crime drama, WW could have one book for mythology, one for superheroics. Or perhaps a more girly book with a younger WW like those Ben Caldwell used to draw? Anything really.

It would really be great because for example all these years, people who got bored of Azzarello's focus on the gods could have had an alternative. This book really doesnt qualify because it's just random, out of canon stories, with no greater purpose. It has no vision, stories come and go, and it personally bothers me and stops me from investing in it. I want some writer to pick it up and do his thing for a year or two. Not random stories.

That's me anyway.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Is this book selling well? I am just wondering because i'd really like WW to get a proper second book. Like how Batman has "batman" which is more superheroic and "detective" which is more noir/crime drama, WW could have one book for mythology, one for superheroics. Or perhaps a more girly book with a younger WW like those Ben Caldwell used to draw? Anything really.

It would really be great because for example all these years, people who got bored of Azzarello's focus on the gods could have had an alternative. This book really doesnt qualify because it's just random, out of canon stories, with no greater purpose. It has no vision, stories come and go, and it personally bothers me and stops me from investing in it. I want some writer to pick it up and do his thing for a year or two. Not random stories.

That's me anyway.

It's hard to tell how this book is selling being that it's a digital-first book and digital sales numbers aren't released.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post

That's me anyway.
    Hi Dr. Hurt, like you, I would love a second WW book to flesh out her world and offer more variety. This may not be ideal, but I'm enjoying it. And I'm really glad this story finally got printed. The art is gorgeous. As for sales on the print version:

Sensation Comics Featuring #3 17,996
    #2 22,085

Hey guys does anyone have a pic of cheetah in we costume I think if the cheetah needs a outfit that's the one