Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    I honestly don't see how Wonder Woman has lost being an "ultimate female fantasy" to women the way Batman and Superman are supposedly "ultimate male fantasies" to men. Batman and Superman aren't male fantasies to men because of Krypton or the Kents or Jimmy Olsen or Alfred or Lucius Fox or whomever. they are, if its true, "ultimate male fantasies" because one can fly, lift tanks, see through walls and do impressive stuff. and because the other is cool and dark and has great gadgets and vehicles and can do impressive stuff as well. and they are in great physical shape and and are brave men.

How did WW lose any of that?? she can still fly, fight, is super strong, block bullets, looks beautiful and is a brave, virtuous woman.
    Women can't fantasize about being and doing this stuff the way men do about Bats and Supes?

I also don't think the feminine influence is gone as she still not only seems feminine but re-established her relationship with her mother and is leading her sisters into a new cultural way of being. as for future generations, not sure they are paying that much attention to the nuances of the Amazons and the rest of her supporting cast, but I know my 16 year old niece who never thought WW was very cool before loves the current book and fantasizes about WW herself...
    with who she ships WW?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    with who she ships WW?
    What? Dont understand the question...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    What? Dont understand the question...
    with who she sees WW romantically.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    with who she sees WW romantically.
    The Comics Alliance reviewer, you mean? I don't think she said. Definitely not Azzarello's Orion, though!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    The Comics Alliance reviewer, you mean? I don't think she said. Definitely not Azzarello's Orion, though!
    no, I'm asking about Redwing niece.