Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superchick View Post
    The early Journey issues were Larry Leiber mostly. Donald was Clark, Thor was Superman. That was it, it wasn't more complex. He banged his hammer and his appearance and speech changed but he was still Donald inside. The first signs of confusion came because Thor took to speaking about himself in the third person. Hence modern writers have played with a split personality angle that wasn't originally there.

Maybe that is why I liked the preview so much. That is so much fun. I love the original Journey into Mystery run.

For reference and relevance:

Not really. Thor was never under the control of Blake. While they had the back and forth conversations in their mind, at that point in the original story ,Blake was most definitely not Thor. That's how Thor had to learn humility. Otherwise he was worthy just based on having Blake in him and thus needed no lesson to be worthy. Would've been a useless lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by santino27 View Post
    Nice deflection.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    I love the idea of it being Sif, she rocks.

I agree, makes me think that it's a mortal woman. I'm guessing Sharon Carter.

Sif and Carter aren't accustomed to speaking in dumb bimbo speech. So I doubt its either of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by santino27 View Post
    Nice deflection. The fact remains, even discounting crossovers, there have been multiple people who have picked up the hammer.

Exactly. People still trying to pretend this is in any way a new story. I mean even the speech patterns are being ripped off from the first Thor stories. And honestly, the way the thoughts are going in those bubbles, it sounds like she's two beings. Not one. Another imitation. Waiting for the 60 second hammer separation transformation to reveal who she really is......any minute now......

All-New Member

Non-asgardian....but access to the moon.

Whoever she is I hope she's got good insurance. Methinks the time spent learning how to handle Mjolnir properly might involve some property damage.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

BANNED

I think it's Jane Foster too. Still, we saw Freyja look at the hammer and ponder if it was time for her to remember her place in Asgard. Her place is Asgard is she is the Queen of the Vanir and she has no intention of giving up her influence. So perhaps she used her magic to find out who was really worthy of Mjolnir and brought her to the moon to try out the hammer. Perhaps Freyja knew it would be Jane.

Jane went along way, from being nurse to being doctor. Now she's the new Thor. When Bor damaged Mjolnir, Dr. Strange and Thor repaired the damage by using the Odinforce Thor had. So something of him is in the hammer which is why I think she has Thor speak now that she's the new Thor (But still thinks in modern English).
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 11-07-2014 at 02:16 AM.

All-New Member

i see people are speculating that it is Jane foster that is the new Thor....but did everyone forget that the hammer is on the frikkin moon????? how the heck would she be able to get there buy herself and i don't think that the hammer fell in the blue area of the moon...

All-New Member

could be his future-daughter Thorunn, she is with shield. a girl, blonde and could have access to the moon

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderingHammer View Post
    Sif and Carter aren't accustomed to speaking in dumb bimbo speech. So I doubt its either of them.
    And just how is the woman in question "speaking in dumb bimbo speech" ?
    I assume this conclusion was met based on the same imagery and text everyone else is looking at :A BLONDE WOMAN who is confused and/or astonished by what Mjolnir has done to her.

She curiously tries to navigate this incredible transformation, questioning how to successfully achieve Thor level feats such as flying through space but clearly that lack of unwavering TOTAL confidence makes her a dumb bimbo.

Oh yea. What a ditz.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderingHammer View Post
    Not really. Thor was never under the control of Blake. While they had the back and forth conversations in their mind, at that point in the original story ,Blake was most definitely not Thor. That's how Thor had to learn humility. Otherwise he was worthy just based on having Blake in him and thus needed no lesson to be worthy. Would've been a useless lesson.
    Thor is Blake. There were no back and forth conversations. Donald started a sentence, banged his hammer and Thor finished it. He became worthy because he lived a mortal life under the name of Donald Blake. He became a Doctor, saved lives and lived with a disability that made him less able than those around him. What you are saying is what JMS did and that was not what was happening in early Journey into Mystery

Quote Originally Posted by swayzo View Post
    i see people are speculating that it is Jane foster that is the new Thor....but did everyone forget that the hammer is on the frikkin moon????? how the heck would she be able to get there buy herself and i don't think that the hammer fell in the blue area of the moon...
    Jane is on Asgardia she must have got the Asgardian bus. How do you know its not on the blue area?
    Last edited by Superchick; 11-07-2014 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swayzo View Post
    This.

How could this new Thor be JF when she is a normal human (and last time I read about her she also was teminally ill with cancer) and the new Thor flew on the moon's surface to pick up Thor's hammer?

Sharon Carter? Mockingbird?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    And just how is the woman in question "speaking in dumb bimbo speech" ?
    I assume this conclusion was met based on the same imagery and text everyone else is looking at :A BLONDE WOMAN who is confused and/or astonished by what Mjolnir has done to her.

She curiously tries to navigate this incredible transformation, questioning how to successfully achieve Thor level feats such as flying through space but clearly that lack of unwavering TOTAL confidence makes her a dumb bimbo.

Oh yea. What a ditz.
    Thor is a woman now. You didn't expect casual sexism from bitter Odinson fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Superchick View Post
    Thor is a woman now. You didn't expect casual sexism from bitter Odinson fans?
    My idealistic naievete strikes again.