Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    What if she was inverted to a pristine snowflake (in AXIS), and went to the moon and found the Mjolnir lying there.... and decided what happens if I lift that hammer?

Edit:
    Note to self: "Go home, you're drunk!"
    We can be sure that's not it, but it would still be really, really funny if it were.

But Magik has never been a significant female presence in Thor's life, so nah.

A. Self-talk differs from Asgardian-style verbage. Self talk appears young and slightly green, yet doesn't at all seem afraid of leaping around with Mjolnir.
    B. New Thor is aware of Thor and his abilities. Her identity ought to corrolate on how she chooses to interact with him. Does she seem to convey deep familiarity, or passing knowledge, or competitive...or rage????
    C. Mjolnir was retrieved on moon. So either individual was one of the the Original Sin party members to confront Nick Fury OR there is some sort of conspiratorial assistance to bring an non-Asgardian, possibly powerless human, who would be seemed worthy. I think Freyja somehow assisted someone to wield the hammer..
    Reading Miracleman, Amazing Spider-Man, Batman Eternal, Earth2, Gotham Academy.

Could always be a time travelling daughter of King Thor
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

The new Thor is Emma Frost

Didnt want to read the preview, but I CANT WAIT for this! #1 is definitely one of the best I've read all year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I knew it wasn't going to be Freyja, but I was really hoping it was her.

Couldn't this new Thor be one of his granddaughters from the future? To me, that would make sense. I hope she's at least Asgardian (I mean, she picked up Mjolnir on the moon).

She's just so petite.
    She's not Asgardian, clearly. She's from EARTH and I too think it's Jane Foster.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    How come when Steve Rogers picked up the hammer he just got power boost and not the Powers, Speech Mannerisms and Bad Wardrobe of the God of Thunder?

Hey. You know we can't trust those muties with magic powers! They go loco. (j/k)
    Mjolnir went through changes after Steve Rogers held it. When it was damaged in the fight with Bor, Dr. Strange repaired it with using Thor's Odinforce. So a part of Thor is in the hammer itself. So whoever would be deemed worthy this time would be taking a part of Thor into them.

Or this female Thor is actually their version of Jarnsaxa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A1rnsaxa

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Mjolnir went through changes after Steve Rogers held it. When it was damaged in the fight with Bor, Dr. Strange repaired it with using Thor's Odinforce. So a part of Thor is in the hammer itself. So whoever would be deemed worthy this time would be taking a part of Thor into them.
    Steve picked it up after that in Fear Itself, and same deal... power boost but no personality transplant or physical transformation.

Of course, that could be the result of intent... whenever Steve has picked it up, it's been in extreme situations, and with the purpose of borrowing it to help Thor out or stop a terrible threat, with no thought of claiming it for himself.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She's not Asgardian, clearly. She's from EARTH and I too think it's Jane Foster.
    With those thought bubbles, I agree. I'd be ok with Jane.

198981-174531-jane-foster.jpg

Jane foster being transformed by the power of Mjolnir

Why is everyone assuming it's Jane? I'm pretty sure it's Roz. New character introduced in Aaron's run, so he has more freedom to do what he likes with her, she is sufficiently badass (although inexperienced, she stepped up to fight back those trolls under Broxton admirably) and has displayed qualities which I think could qualify her as 'worthy' such as bravery, selflessness and such, and as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent she should be able to arrange access to the moon. the voice in this preview in the thought balloons also read more like Roz than Jane to me.

Black Widow from the WhatIf? Hair changes colour to blond when any one becomes Thor. Who else was on the moon at the time the Avengers fought in Original Sin?

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

There's the bit in JMS's run where the hammer was broken and Dr Strange fixed it using some of Thor's life energy.
    You could use it to explain why the hammer wielder is taking on more of his personality/speech patterns than previously. (Maybe even giving Mjolnir a degree of sentience?) It is literally not the same hammer Steve Rogers etc lifted. It now has more of Thor in it. I can't think of an incidence where someone else has hefted the hammer since JMS's run, so it could work.

image.jpg

It would also explain why Thor was so broken when he became unworthy. He was being severed from part of himself.

Of course if Aaron is using this bit of Thor's history, then he should refer to it in some way.
    Last edited by Sea Hound; 11-09-2014 at 07:01 PM.
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    There's the bit in JMS's run where the hammer was broken and Dr Strange fixed it using some of Thor's life energy.
    You could use it to explain why the hammer wielder is taking on more of his personality/speech patterns than previously. (Maybe even giving Mjolnir a degree of sentience?) It is literally not the same hammer Steve Rogers etc lifted. It now has more of Thor in it. I can't think of an incidence where someone else has hefted the hammer since JMS's run, so it could work.

image.jpg

It would also explain why Thor was so broken when he became unworthy. He was being severed from part of himself.

Of course if Aaron is using this bit of Thor's history, then he should refer to it in some way.
    You missed that Steve has picked it up since then. Fear Itself was after that.

And of course there have been previous wielders who did transform when first picking up the hammer and even picked up some of the mannerisms. Beta Ray Bill, Erik Masterson, etc.