Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    He spent quite a long time with Green Lantern and Flash. I think they were being set up as the leader of the Justice Society and the heart of the team, respectively. This makes Flash's downgrade during Taylor's run and in World's End pretty sad. Worse yet, Jay was basically replaced as the young kid hanging with heroes by Jimmy. Counter point though, I find Jimmy a much more interesting character than Jay (sadly, as I like Garrick).
    Flash, green lantern and hawkgirl were what Robinson wanted to be the new trinity, so the focus is pretty justified for me.

Kid Karnevil's appearance here made me laugh. I don't mind the character, but seeing another writer's pet character get dispatched in the span of two pages is funny.

Mighty Member

How many issues will Earth2: World's end be?

I'm reading Future's end right now (and enjoying it quite a lot), and I'm thinking of having a go at World's end later on. Hope it's good!

any theories on who or what the Red Lantern may be?

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    How many issues will Earth2: World's end be?
    About 26 issues. It's supposed to end the first week of April 2015, just like Futures End.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    any theories on who or what the Red Lantern may be?
    There is a good chance it could be Carol Vance Martin (i.e. Wildfire). From her Wikipedia article: "Carol Vance was orphaned by a huge forest fire but was rescued by a god of fire who imbued her with his power to create and control flame. Adopted by the wealthy John Martin and his family, the teenage superheroine uses her powers to combat criminals, sabotuers, and supernatural menaces."

That just screams Avatar of Fire.

Failing that, her All-Star Squadron replacement, Dannete Reily AKA Firebrand. Also calling Neptune Perkins for the Avatar of the Blue.

Amazing Member

What are the points of (a) the Dick/Barb Grayson, and Ted Grant in Chicago thread, and the use of Constantine with new versions of Brainwave Jr., Obsidian, and Jonni Thunder? I mean really, the second group gets the cover showing the new E-2 characters in their full costumes, but in the issue they don't actually look similar, so it took a second glance to even realize those were supposed to be the same characters.

This comic is all over the map. A previous poster noted 9 different stories going on simultaneously. I know this is a weekly title, but a good writing team would make more of an effort to engage the reader on all of them.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by dmhaight View Post
    What are the points of (a) the Dick/Barb Grayson, and Ted Grant in Chicago thread, and the use of Constantine with new versions of Brainwave Jr., Obsidian, and Jonni Thunder? I mean really, the second group gets the cover showing the new E-2 characters in their full costumes, but in the issue they don't actually look similar, so it took a second glance to even realize those were supposed to be the same characters.

This comic is all over the map. A previous poster noted 9 different stories going on simultaneously. I know this is a weekly title, but a good writing team would make more of an effort to engage the reader on all of them.
    To get you to buy Earth-2 #29 and Constantine #whatever to see what happens.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pikul View Post
    About 26 issues. It's supposed to end the first week of April 2015, just like Futures End.
    Okay, thanks!

Was thinking it'd be something in the lines of that, ending at the same time as Futures end.

So I just saw that they forgot about Ma Hunkel which appeared in a channel 52 backup
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Spectacular Member

Channel 52 is not, and never was, anything close to canon.

Calendar Man is nothing like his Channel 52 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Channel 52 is not, and never was, anything close to canon.

Calendar Man is nothing like his Channel 52 version.
    I know that but it normally was used to hint whats to come but then I checked the date and it was back during Robinson's run.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Astonishing Member

random thought: apokolips is said to be a god in its own right, and (according to highfather, so we might want to take some salt) it wasn't formed by the death of the 3rd world, but made by darkseid after his exile

in light of the lovecraft stuff; is there a chance darkseid somehow subjugated Cthugha and built apokolips on him?