Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Did anyone else read World's Finest #28? For those who didn't spoilers:
    it basically shows Wonder Woman's secret history. The Roman gods foresaw a great calamity coming and were spit-balling ideas with the Amazons about what to do and who would shoulder the burden of fighting the war (the Amazons or Man's World). Apparently, Wonder Woman committed a grievous sin, like her mother, which helped doom the world, thus the saving of the Earth would fall to men. Everything was doom and gloom until Mercury showed up and whisked Diana away on a magical adventure to protect two young boys who would, one day, grow up to become very important. Specifically Bruce and Clark.

The basic plot is Wonder Woman is shown saving kid Bruce and kid Clark one time each. For Clark, Diana saves him from Intri (the Apokalyptan who tried to make Jor-El and Lara give Kal to her before Krypton went boom). For Bruce, she saves him from a hitman who wanted the bounty on Thomas' head. A bit more interestingly, we see Mercury meet up with Lois Lane when she is just a kid. He binds the spirit of Eurus to her soul, so that Lois may survive "beyond death". Mercury then works his godly magic to erase Clark, Bruce and Lois memories of his and Diana 's intervention. So in effect, Wonder Woman and Mercury were Bruce's and Clark's guardian angels.

What I found most interesting about the comic was the implication that Diana had already laid with Steppenwolf and had a baby way back when Bruce, Clark and Lois were all waist-high younglings! Godlings must age much slower than humans because Fury doesn't look much older than a teenager! Based on how kid Clark and Bruce look, I would say they are probably 5-8 years old. We know DC is not going to support teen-age pregnancy, so Bruce and Selina were probably close to their mid-twenties by the time Helena was born. She's, what, in her late-teens/early-twenties now? So let's say Bruce was 25 when Hel was born and she is now 20. That eans Diana mated with Steppenwolf at least 35 years ago, probably a bit more than that since Diana did not look like she was coming off a pregnancy in the issue and seemed to have harbored her secret of habing given birth to Fury for a while. So 40 years ago? That would mean this issue took place in the 1970's (which does fit the hair styles that are being sported by the adults in the comic). That would also jive with Thomas being in his 60's in the present.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Thank you very much! This and the Godhead event have pretty much become my go to assignments, so im greatly enjoying all the New Gods action, both from the Apokalips side as well as New Genesis (though Highfather and his clan are in dire need of showing some mercy so as to differentiate the two factions better). I'm actually surprised how un-miserable this title has been so far. Its not just absolute destruction and constant deaths of characters. Theres a great adventure quality coming through so far that I hope remains with the title even as things are bound to inevitably get worse for our heroes.
    I am so conflicted on Godhead. I want to read it but... My budget cannot take another (essentially) weekly title, at least not without culling some other titles (which I am loathe to do).

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Hel is gonna die since we did see her a bit in like one of the recent Future's End issues and in the WF tie-in.

But on the other hand, have we seen Thomas at all in Future's End?
    I do not believe Thomas has shown up in Future's End or any of the tie-ins... But then again I am about a month behind in my Future's End reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    If Helena dies here doesn't that contradict Futures End?
    Timey wimey stuff is at work in Future's End, as has been illustrated in the Booster Gold tie-in issue. Also, when has death ever been a deterrent to Superheroes being around in 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Why do you believe so? You think Thomas may turn on the group or that he's going to be neutralize with no miraclo?
    Miraclo is what is making a 60-something year old man as physically spry as a 30-something year old. Without it, Thomas just becomes Bat-Brain, rather than Batman.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 11-13-2014 at 02:39 AM.

About World's Finest I'll just quote my post from another thread:

I guess nobody read it since no comments? Either way usual clusterfuck that you could expect from Levitz.

Short summary: young Bruce and Clark are in trouble and Dianna saves both of them with help of Mercury. It also shows that Mercury bonded Eurus (minor god) so that Lois's soul might survive her death and eventually be revived as Red Tornado.

Problems:
    1. How hard is it to use google for 5 minutes and find out appropriate names for Roman gods? Apollo is fine since he has same name in both versions. Minerva and Mercury are from Roman pantheon, Aphrodite and Eurus are from Greek. Their Roman versions are called Venus and Vulturnus, I knew about Venus before and it took me two minutes to google out Vulturnus. But that was too much work for Levitz so we ended up with some kinda abomination of Roman (Earth-2 #1 mention other Roman gods and made it clear that in this Earth Roman gods exists while in main Earth Greek ones do) and Greek pantheons.
    2. Villain that tries to kidnap Clark is really stupid, she had her opportunity last issue when he was still a baby on Krypton and didn't do it, but now decides to do it when he already has some powers and is on Earth...
    3. This tale is told by Lois Lane Red Tornado... how the hell she knows this stuff?
    As for the age thing I assume that Fury "grew normally" till at some point stopped growing older like every other "god" or immortal being.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Why do you believe so? You think Thomas may turn on the group or that he's going to be neutralize with no miraclo?
    I'm wondering if he will be neutralized without the miraclo actually. He said it himself in a past issue: he's to old to be running around doing this under normal circumstances and that's why he was using the miraclo in the first place. He seems to believe he cannot handle the physical nature of being a hero without it and we, as yet, don't know if he can do anything without it either. Now I'm hoping that he will find he can actually work without it but it's possible that his body won't be able to deal with the strain or that he is so far gone already from the constant use of miraclo that the strain of going through something similar to withdrawl plus the physical strain he is putting his body through without it could kill him.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

As for the age thing I assume that Fury "grew normally" till at some point stopped growing older like every other "god" or immortal being.
    Maybe Diana eventually told them?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Hel is gonna die since we did see her a bit in like one of the recent Future's End issues and in the WF tie-in.

But on the other hand, have we seen Thomas at all in Future's End?
    Don't remember the issue but I'm pretty sure Braniac played surgeon with Thomas's and Joker's body.

BANNED

Worlds Finest #28 makes it seem pretty obvious that Lois/Red Tornado is the Avatar of The White.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Don't remember the issue but I'm pretty sure Braniac played surgeon with Thomas's and Joker's body.
    Thats actually Bruce

BANNED

Worlds Finest #28 makes it seem pretty obvious that Lois/Red Tornado is the Avatar of The White.
    Hm. Might need to revise that, since we met the avatar of the white already, I think.

BANNED

Really? Cause he's been recently shown fighting Terry, while a solicits brings up this Joker/Batman amalgam monstrosity and how Batman, Tim and Terry have to fight it? A bit confusing.

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/the-n...futures-end-38
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 11-13-2014 at 09:23 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Hm. Might need to revise that, since we met the avatar of the white already, I think.
    Thought it made it seem like Lois was the role but it could of just been limiting it to that of her being Red Tornado in the future. The God of Air did say she would be a elemental of such and live beyond death though.

Been on and off with Earth 2 book, so it is possible I've missed the mention.

Man i used to like so much Earth 2, mainly because it had awesome characters and no Superman nor Batman.

Now pretty much all we get is Val Zod and Cranky Old Batman. Alan and Jay need more pages!
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    Man i used to like so much Earth 2, mainly because it had awesome characters and no Superman nor Batman.

Now pretty much all we get is Val Zod and Cranky Old Batman. Alan and Jay need more pages!
    Yeah a book called Earth 2 you would hope for more world building rather then focus on characters who get alot as it is. Got over it, but now we have a Universe that's crumbling and I easy big on saying Thomas Wayne is still alive. Thought it was unique in Flashpoint here it was just unnecessary.

Extraordinary Member

Really? Cause he's been recently shown fighting Terry, while a solicits brings up this Joker/Batman amalgam monstrosity and how Batman, Tim and Terry have to fight it? A bit confusing.

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/the-n...futures-end-38
    Bat-Joker was created in the 30+ years from now future to be sent back in time to stop Terry from completing his mission.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post

Not only this but also earth 2 is always on war.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

new gods stop aging when they are olders like barda, mr miraclo. Fury still looks too young

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    The Avatar of the white isn't the same as the goddess of winds.