Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Steele View Post
    Or perhaps the rumor sites were reporting on interest in a Captain Marvel movie because people were expressing interest in seeing one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    since this last summer
    10chrctrs.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    The article totally leaves out the massive press attention to WW's live-action film debut in BvS. And all the PR Gal has received after being cast as WW. Then the WW costume reveal trended online as well.
    The article did mention that it's a matter of timing - the hype for Gal came a while back and we had an inclination her solo film was coming, whereas Captain Marvel was a bit out of the blue. It just feels like it's subdued right now because that's all passed.

Astonishing Member

Since when are fans not excited about wonder woman movie?
    Not sure what weed is cbr writers smoking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Since when are fans not excited about wonder woman movie?
    Not sure what weed is cbr writers smoking.
    The kind that Marvel is handing out I bet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post

For the record, I want to see both movies. Very excited!
    And that should be the general opinion. Not this DC vs Marvel stuff that comic fans are obsessed with these days concerning superhero films.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    The kind that Marvel is handing out I bet.
    LOL. "Pass the doob, maaan."

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    And that should be the general opinion. Not this DC vs Marvel stuff that comic fans are obsessed with these days concerning superhero films.
    "Can't we all just get along?"

Extraordinary Member

It would stand out being the only female super hero movie and it's the right time considering ppl are going to alot of female led movies now. It shouldn't be that hard WW is pretty famous.

All-New Member

I am quite excited about a Wonder Woman movie. And I know a LOT of people who are also excited about it. And who says that there is no fan excitement for a WW movie? The entire thread is based on an unsupported premise.
    Also, well over 90% of the non-comic collecting public you talk to will 'assume' that "Captain Marvel" is a MALE character and they are surprised to hear it will be a female lead. But because it is Marvel movie, they have expectations of a cool movie (since Guardians was so good).

Marvel does have a great track record for turning B-list heroes into huge A-list movie stars. I'm a big fan of Carol Danver's (still have her #1 issue I got as a kid in the 70s) so I will def buy many tickets to Capt Marvel, unless it outright stinks, which I doubt will happen.

But WW is the most iconic superheroine of all time. You show random strangers Danver's many costumes, hardly any would guess Ms. Marvel or Capt Marvel. The exact opposite is true of WW. She's cemented into pop culture consciousness. As long as BvS intros Diana properly, and as long as trailers and buzz are positive for the solo WW, then I just don't see Capt Marvel being the female cb franchise general audiences are most excited about.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

People need to stop saying DC only has one movie. Man of Steel may be the only movie in the DCCU right now but we did get 3 Batman movies from DC that did very well.

I would say the fans are still as excited for Wonder Woman, it is just the media trying to make it seem like they aren't. I have no doubt WB can pull of their movies and make them great, but I worry more about the critics who refuse to accept DC isn't doing things the Marvel way or this Superman and Wonder Woman are not the Reeve and Carter versions.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

It's been a small number of very vocal fans who are excited about a Captain Marvel movie and others who have just come to expect great things from Marvel Studios so anything new will be greeted with excitement. I don't think that means Captain Marvel is ready to take the reins from Wonder Woman.
    The comic book news outlets are to blame as well. CBR and especially Newsarama have been trying to declare Carol Danvers the new queen of superheroes for a while. How many copies a month does her book sell again?

It'd be nice if there were actual numbers underpinning the premise of this article. If there actually is more tending or whatever indicators they use for Cap Marvel at the moment, it's because of the nature of the press event Marvel held and that the character hasn't even been hinted at until then, none of the other nonsense reasons.

We'll see who's more excited for who when Wonder Woman shows up on screen in less than two years.

I'm not getting excited for either of them until I see their respective actresses performing in another movie or a trailer. We've seen female super hero movies before, now make them actually good.

I find this an odd comment by ConfusionGrows:

"Marvel feel like they're on a roll and the audience is just responding to that. Warner Brothers are only one film in to their shared-universe superhero franchise"

As far as I can tell, DC are exactly ZERO films into a shared-universe franchise. MoS was clearly a stand-alone film and the shared-universe build up has been tacked on after the fact. Currently the only DC shared universe in film has been created by announcements that they are smashing their biggest tentpole names together into one film that happens to be more -or -less a direct sequel (it was originally billed that way) to a movie that is generally considers to have alienated (no pun) a large section of the fanbase.

For me, Marvel have just nailed the movie-verse set up right out of the gate.

All-New Member

... 'the much more subtle one she'd encounter today.'

If anyone thinks things are significantly better now than they were in the 1940s, please, please, PLEASE, think again.

I suspect DC/WB are taking a steady approach building momentum in terms of publicity regarding the Wonder Woman film

By the time Batman V Superman is released there will be much more hype ...