Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Moral question. If your cable or satellite company pulls one of these channels, and still makes you pay for it by not lowering your bill, are you within your right to pirate the programming?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Moral question. If your cable or satellite company pulls one of these channels, and still makes you pay for it by not lowering your bill, are you within your right to pirate the programming?
    no, you are never "within your rights" to pirate something, hence the term, pirate.

You are within your rights to drop the service you dislike and move to something else.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

On the other hand, I don't have to be "within my rights" to do something without my conscience bothering me.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Glad I have DirecTV, but this really sucks for those who have kids.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The era of small dish satellite tv has been a disappointment overall, to me anyway. Not enough customization. Too much paying for stations you don't want. Too many customer service issues. Too much infighting between greedy corporations.

You can call Direct/Dish up, threaten to cancel and sometimes get money off or added channels for a short time. But aesthetics aside it doesn't come close to the ala carte/channel pick (not to mention free feed) days of classic C-band. Netflix and Amazon Prime are looking better all the time.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Their real failing is their constant feuds with these channel suppliers over money and they keep randomly losing and readding channels. A case of them thinking that instead of being about serving their customers, it's all about how much they can squeeze these channels for. And if they get resistance, they say "fine, screw our customers, we just won't carry you". No one ends up on the short side of the stick except the customers. It's not like when they dump these channels, they lower your bill.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)