Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mike Mignola's Horse Power

This November Mike Mignola has written the Horse Power column found in the back of all November issues of Dark Horse comics. Check it out. He talks about his plans for Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. (they're big), and even hints at an upcoming project, not set in the Baltimore universe, nor the Hellboy universe either...

Spectacular Member

That's great and everything, but when he is going to sit down and finally get out the next issues of Hellboy in Hell

It's in the works. It's a two-parter, so the wait is going to be a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lobster View Post
    That's great and everything, but when he is going to sit down and finally get out the next issues of Hellboy in Hell
    It'll be out when it's ready. It'll be worth waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lobster View Post
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Any good details to sum up? Being mostly a trade waiter slows me from the regular flow of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    Any good details to sum up? Being mostly a trade waiter slows me from the regular flow of things.
    The main thing was Mike Mignola saying Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. is a series of miniseries, and every 5 or 6 issues will be one year. He wants to keep going forward until 1993. So, you know, 41 trades*. Obviously that's not actually going to happen, but the real message is Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. is here to stay and everyone involved is enthusiastic for more.

* Hellboy left the Bureau for two years from 1979 to 1981, so I guess 1980 could hardly be a Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. story. It would be a good place to adapt all the backstory from Christopher Golden's novels Hellboy: The Lost Army and Hellboy: The Dragon Pool though.
    Last edited by middenway; 11-09-2014 at 04:11 PM.

That's a lot of trades. Better buy a new shelf.

Sounds pretty awesome though. And it could be nice to touch on some of the Anastasia stuff, though it'll be some time

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    The main thing was Mike Mignola saying Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. is a series of miniseries, and every 5 or 6 issues will be one year. He wants to keep going forward until 1993. So, you know, 41 trades*. Obviously that's not actually going to happen, but the real message is Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. is here to stay and everyone involved is enthusiastic for more.

* Hellboy left the Bureau for two years from 1979 to 1981, so I guess 1980 could hardly be a Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. story. It would be a good place to adapt all the backstory from Christopher Golden's novels Hellboy: The Lost Army and Hellboy: The Dragon Pool though.
    Oh man, that sounds amazing. Best news ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    That's a lot of trades. Better buy a new shelf.

Sounds pretty awesome though. And it could be nice to touch on some of the Anastasia stuff, though it'll be some time
    You know how they met in a pub with those trolls? I want to see that adapted into a short comic called "Two Trolls Walk into a Pub..."

Amazing Member

Can anyone scan or take a photo of this page? Unfortunetly, there is nothing like this in digital versions.
    Thanks in advance!

Agreed. Anyone able to recap?

I can say that for me it seems pretty much like a badge of honor how on their own the Horsepower editorial both as the letter section form a reason to be buying the single issues.

As much as the sketchbook sections and hindsight comments in the TPB or hardcover collections strike me as a full blooded bonus on top of things, not to mention any epilogues.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 12-04-2014 at 08:09 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Thanks for the recap...

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Thanks for the recap...
    I only got to read it briefly and I don't have a copy. What I remembered I already posted, but if I come across it again, I'll try to fill in some blanks.