Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Gambit should have proposed to Rogue in Xtreme Xmen

Gambit made a fatal flaw by not proposes to her, they went through a lot in the series and rogue indirectly said she was ready for a marriage...she told him, she wanted a lifetime quoth him and yet he turned her down Even bishop asked her about how come she did not have a ring on her finger.

It was a missed opportunity from gambit's part.

However it may have been a good thing in the long run...most marvel marriages ends in disaster but it will have be nice to see gambit and rogue take that next step seeing how they are such a fan favorite pairing.
    Last edited by JeenRogue; 11-07-2014 at 01:15 AM. Reason: spellings

Yeah, it was awesome to see them as happy couple in X-treme. It was really the best time for this.

Mighty Member

I can't help but think they way they were split up cheapened their relationship. Rogue loved Gambit so much she would have died for him. And then when she gains control of her powers she drops him for no real reason so she can hook up with a control freak terrorist.

Unfair to both characters.

Who knows, maybe someday we'll get a great writer who revisits their time together and shows that maybe Gambit was going to propose but didn't for some reason. We know he did in the tangent (X-Men the End) that diverged from that timeline

hell no, the best thing to happen for both characters is that they are apart and should stay that way

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    Who knows, maybe someday we'll get a great writer who revisits their time together and shows that maybe Gambit was going to propose but didn't for some reason. We know he did in the tangent (X-Men the End) that diverged from that timeline
    O NO YOU DON'T SPAS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    hell no, the best thing to happen for both characters is that they are apart and should stay that way

They are both more enjoyable characters when they're not paired together.

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    I concur with this message.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    I enjoyed them together well enough (though I'm not sure I'd want to go back to that)...it's the creepy Rogue/Magneto thing that needs to be forgotten and never mentioned again.

IA, they are both better off now. Not sure if he should have asked back in XXM, their relationship changed quite a bit and wasn't explored. I would have thought it was just done for the sake if it, without some panels devoted to it.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

BANNED

There's a reason Rogue isn't A list in Marvel anymore and those tedious Gambit stories are why. She was on top of the food chain..now she's just another pretty face in a crossover. Even unknowns like the Female Thor are pushed harder. It's sad. If she had married Gambit, a character who usually lacks courage and common sense, she would of been buried by the current writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    There's a reason Rogue isn't A list in Marvel anymore and those tedious Gambit stories are why. She was on top of the food chain..now she's just another pretty face in a crossover. Even unknowns like the Female Thor are pushed harder. It's sad. If she had married Gambit, a character who usually lacks courage and common sense, she would of been buried by the current writers.
    You don't know if that would have happened or not, you don't have some crystal ball that would show you some alternative, if that direction had been taken.

How about staying on point and discussing the topic instead of taking every thread that may have Gambit in it and use it as some agenda of your own to slam the character.

The new Thor has nothing to do with this nor does it have anything to do with Rogue or how she is seen. If her popularity has waned, that is on her writers over the last few years and has nothing to with Gambit.

You don't like Gambit, fine but you don't need to find every thread and demean him.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

I don't know, Rogue only seems to like him when she can't touch anybody.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    If you think Rogue was marginalized because of Gambit, I think you're reaching...if anything, it was the Magneto bit that hurt her most because, once they really starting pushing him, she basically became a hanger-on and then not even that...if she had married Gambit, the marriage would have most likely ended by now in some spectacularly disasterous fashion that would have probably put her (or both of them) in a much more prominent role than they were getting now.