Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SPIDER-MANDATE: Unlocking the First "Spider-Verse" Issue

Nick Lowe delves into the first official "Spider-Verse" issue, speaks to the importance of Ben Reilly and reveals exclusive Coipel art from "Amazing Spider-Man."

Full article here.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Oy! That Spider-Verse Team-Up #2 cover with the 1967 cartoon Spider-Man got to me. I wonder if Dan can reference The Electric Company's Spider-Man, since he has been referenced by 616 Spidey himself in the past.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

That cover is fantastic. There is nothing I don't love about that cover.

And damn, Copiel can draw Spiders.

Glad to see Ben and Kaine are going to be playing important roles somehow. I (clearly) have a soft spot for the clones.

anyone notice the ben and gwen action? it was in team up too...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Oy! That Spider-Verse Team-Up #2 cover with the 1967 cartoon Spider-Man got to me. I wonder if Dan can reference The Electric Company's Spider-Man, since he has been referenced by 616 Spidey himself in the past.
    1960s cartoon Spidey had better save the day. His catchphrases should be used.

Darn I was hoping they'd comment on if that's the Miles of ultimate or an alternate Miles.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Darn I was hoping they'd comment on if that's the Miles of ultimate or an alternate Miles.
    It's Miles from Ultimate. I believe Bendis confirmed it as well even if Miles' series won't reflect Spider-Verse via any tie-ins.

BANNED

Kind of sad that Maddie and Julia aren't going to be involved in this event. Lowe shouldn't have mentioned them if only to bring out more rage within the fanbase.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Kind of sad that Maddie and Julia aren't going to be involved in this event. Lowe shouldn't have mentioned them if only to bring out more rage within the fanbase.
    Is anyone clamouring for more Mattie Franklin? I own all 18 issues of her solo series and even I'm not really bothered she's not showing up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    Is anyone clamouring for more Mattie Franklin? I own all 18 issues of her solo series and even I'm not really bothered she's not showing up.
    I could go for Zombie Maddie showing up.

"Hey, guys! I'm back from the dead! ...Sorta!"

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Spider Verse is the one thing Marvel's doing right now that's ticking all my boxes.

She's also impeded by, you know, death.

Inheritors and Spiders are not traveling through time, are they? If they were the Inheritors could've picked out every Spider before they even gathered and Spiders would probably try to defeat the Inheritors before the Master Weaver was captured and loopholes would be created and OMG effin' time travel

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    She's also impeded by, you know, death.

Inheritors and Spiders are not traveling through time, are they? If they were the Inheritors could've picked out every Spider before they even gathered and Spiders would probably try to defeat the Inheritors before the Master Weaver was captured and loopholes would be created and OMG effin' time travel
    Not that I'm clamoring for Maddie to come back, but they have shown with Ben and Gwen that death in 616 doesn't exactly mean they can't get pulled in elsewhere. Just pull her from an alternate timeline where she never died.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitie View Post
    Not that I'm clamoring for Maddie to come back, but they have shown with Ben and Gwen that death in 616 doesn't exactly mean they can't get pulled in elsewhere. Just pull her from an alternate timeline where she never died.
    I know I was referring specifically to 616 Mattie.

I am very annoyed that she is not showing up. With all the alternated universes, there could be at least one where she is still alive. But considering the was treated with zero respect when the Kraven family killed her, I can't say I'm surprised.
    On the other side, it may be better that way. At least she won't get pointlessly slaughtered a second time.

It is also disappoiting that Dan Slott created 3 spiders (Michael, Van and Patrick) in Avengers the Initiative and doesn't even use the one who is still alive. Come on, Dan, show a little love to your babies!