Page 43 of 835 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143543 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 12512
  1. #631
    Incredible Member NZ_InFerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    853

    Default

    Got these today from amazon, great packaging and some cracking reads :


  2. #632
    Mighty Member LordJulius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    And here it is: Jack Kirby's New Gods AE - just arrived from BD:



    A couple of spreads:





  3. #633
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Aaand the announced HCs from the IDW solicitations:

    Walter Simonson’s Manhunter & Other Stories: Artist’s Edition HC
    Archie Goodwin, Steve Gerber & more (w) • Walter Simonson (a & c)
    HC • BW • $95.00 net discount item • 176 Pages • 12” x 17” • ISBN: 978-1-63140-120-6
    This Artist's Edition presents the original run of Manhunter, as well as a classic Batman story, Dr. Fate, Metal Men, and Captain Fear tales.

    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Vol. 1 HC
    Katie Cook (w) • Andy Price (a & c)
    HC • FC • 136 Pages • 7" x 11" • $24.99 • 978-1-63140-088-9

    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Secret History of the Foot Clan, Workprint Edition
    Mateus Santolouco, Erik Burnham (w) • Mateus Santolouco (a & c)
    HC • PC • $49.99 • 296 pages • 7” x 11” • ISBN: 978-1-63140-089-6

    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Works, Vol. 3
    Peter Laird, Kevin Eastman, Eric Talbot (w) • Peter Laird, Kevin Eastman, Eric Talbot, Jim Lawson (a) • (c)
    #12, 14–15, 17, and 19–21 are collected here!
    • Reproduced in all-new full-color!
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 276 pages • 9” x 12” • ISBN: 978-1-63140-083-4

    Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Vol. 1
    James Roberts, John Barber (w) • Nick Roche, Alex Milne, Andrew Griffith, Casey W. Coller, Livio Ramondelli (a) • Sarah Stone (c)
    • Collects the one-shot Death of Optimus Prime, More Than Meets The Eye issues #1–5, and Robots in Disguise issues #1–6.
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 272 pages • 7” x 11” • ISBN: 978-1-63140-040-7

    Wonder Woman: The Complete Newspaper Comics
    William Moulton Marston (w) • Harry G. Peters (a) • Pete Poplaski (c)
    • Collects the entire strip from May 1, 1944 until December 1, 1945.
    • The entire original Wonder Woman newspaper strip, collected for the first time anywhere!
    HC • B&W • $49.99 • 196 pages • 11” x 8.5” • ISBN: 978-1-63140-028-5

    The Illegitimates
    Taran Killam, Marc Andreyko (w) • Kevin Sharpe (a) • Jerry Ordway (c)
    HC • FC • $24.99 • 152 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-036-0

    Magic: The Gathering, The Complete Collection Oversized Hardcover
    Matt Forbeck, Jason Ciaramella (w) • Martνn Cσccolo, Atilio Rojo, Jack Jadson, Chris Evenhuis (a) • N/A (c)
    • Collects the first four volumes of IDW's Magic: The Gathering series.
    • Comes poly-bagged with a random variant-art Magic: The Gathering Card!
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 400 pages • 7” x 11” • ISBN: 978-1-61377-739-8

    Blue Moon: From the Journals of Mama Mae and Leelee
    Alicia Keys, Jessica Walton, Cheryl Abood, Victoria Racino (w) • Bento Box (a & c)
    HC • FC • $15.99 • 42 pages • 11” x 11” • ISBN: 978-1-61377-789-3

    Complete Chester Gould’s Dick Tracy, Vol. 17
    Chester Gould (w & a & c)
    • Reprints strips from May 14, 1956 through December 14, 1957.
    HC • B&W • $39.99 • 272 pages • 11” x 8.5” • ISBN: 978-1-63140-077-3

    Skippy, Vol. 3: Complete Dailies 1931–1933
    Percy Crosby (w & a & c)
    HC • PC • $49.99 • 340 pages • 9.5” x 8.5” • ISBN: 978-1-63140-020-9
    Last edited by Kalitarix; 05-21-2014 at 07:28 AM.

  4. #634
    Mighty Member LordJulius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    1 1/2 of the two foldouts included (four actually since they have artwork on the back as well):



    And covers to issues of Jimmy Olsen:



    There's actually tons of additional artwork and extras in there, on top of the five issues of New Gods.

  5. #635
    Spectacular Member Omnibus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Soooo getting the New Gods Artist Edition

  6. #636
    explorer SXVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    1,105

    Default

    Hello,

    I'm beginning to transition over from single format into the collected volume works, I haven't been happy with the state of single format comics for awhile... and in my last bunch a few of them were missing staples and so the pages just practically fall out, I like books... not magazines and the way single Comics are at the moment are too much like flimsy magazines than I remember them being.

    Anyway, the biggest problem for me is the cost of these big collections... Comics are like a third level hobby for me (behind TV/Movies and Music) so i can't dedicate massive amounts of money.

    Was wondering if anyone had any solid recommendations for some great introductory collections for the new comer that won't break the bank. Must have collections in what you're getting for the price. To get me started.

    I'm currently collecting the Library editions of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the Mathematical editions of Adventure Time... and the colored editions of Scott Pilgrim.

    And i'm planning to get the Fear Agent Library Edition (i like the Buffy library edition a lot), Invincible companion edition, and Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four Volume 2.

    Cartoon type Comics or Science fiction/space stuff is my fav.... but i like most stuff except History/Cowboy/War (unless more modern spy stuff).

    Is there maybe a list of "must buy" collections that every new collector should look into for reference?

    THANKS.

  7. #637
    More shelves! Spirou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Hello,

    I'm beginning to transition over from single format into the collected volume works, I haven't been happy with the state of single format comics for awhile... and in my last bunch a few of them were missing staples and so the pages just practically fall out, I like books... not magazines and the way single Comics are at the moment are too much like flimsy magazines than I remember them being.

    Anyway, the biggest problem for me is the cost of these big collections... Comics are like a third level hobby for me (behind TV/Movies and Music) so i can't dedicate massive amounts of money.

    Was wondering if anyone had any solid recommendations for some great introductory collections for the new comer that won't break the bank. Must have collections in what you're getting for the price. To get me started.

    I'm currently collecting the Library editions of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the Mathematical editions of Adventure Time... and the colored editions of Scott Pilgrim.

    And i'm planning to get the Fear Agent Library Edition (i like the Buffy library edition a lot), Invincible companion edition, and Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four Volume 2.

    Cartoon type Comics or Science fiction/space stuff is my fav.... but i like most stuff except History/Cowboy/War (unless more modern spy stuff).

    Is there maybe a list of "must buy" collections that every new collector should look into for reference?

    THANKS.
    I think that the complete Calvin & Hobbes HC slipcase is actually one of the best "value for money collected editions" out there.
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

  8. #638
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Utrecht, Holland
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Hello,

    I'm beginning to transition over from single format into the collected volume works, I haven't been happy with the state of single format comics for awhile... and in my last bunch a few of them were missing staples and so the pages just practically fall out, I like books... not magazines and the way single Comics are at the moment are too much like flimsy magazines than I remember them being.

    Anyway, the biggest problem for me is the cost of these big collections... Comics are like a third level hobby for me (behind TV/Movies and Music) so i can't dedicate massive amounts of money.

    Was wondering if anyone had any solid recommendations for some great introductory collections for the new comer that won't break the bank. Must have collections in what you're getting for the price. To get me started.

    I'm currently collecting the Library editions of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the Mathematical editions of Adventure Time... and the colored editions of Scott Pilgrim.

    And i'm planning to get the Fear Agent Library Edition (i like the Buffy library edition a lot), Invincible companion edition, and Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four Volume 2.

    Cartoon type Comics or Science fiction/space stuff is my fav.... but i like most stuff except History/Cowboy/War (unless more modern spy stuff).

    Is there maybe a list of "must buy" collections that every new collector should look into for reference?

    THANKS.
    I can give you a list of my faves. If I may ask, where do you live? So I can recommend good online stores.
    My faves:
    Sleeper omnibus (a big done in one story for a great value, Dc's best omnibus and possibly one of Brubaker's best books)
    Planetary omnibus (just an amazing story)
    Hellboy and Fear agent Library editions (if you like FA, definitely try Hellboy too)
    Sixth gun Deluxe hc (it's a western but a it's a great fantasy western mixed with sci-fi and horror parts. I recommend yo EVERYONE (it's also one of my nicest looking books on the shelf)
    X-statix (great story and you can get it very cheap both in Us and Europe)
    Sandman, Watchmen, Preacher, Y the Last Man, Swamp thing by Moore, Invisibles, Dark knight returns, All-star Superman etc. Are all great stories snd have different format books
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

  9. #639
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    483

    Default

    In the Image solicitations:

    INVINCIBLE ULTIMATE COLLECTION, VOL. 9 HC
    story : ROBERT KIRKMAN
    art: RYAN OTTLEY, CLIFF RATHBURN, & JOHN RAUCH
    cover: RYAN OTTLEY & JOHN RAUCH
    AUGUST 6 / 336 PAGES / FC / T+ / $39.99
    Collects INVINCIBLE #97-108

  10. #640
    Incredible Member NZ_InFerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I can give you a list of my faves. If I may ask, where do you live? So I can recommend good online stores.
    My faves:
    Sleeper omnibus (a big done in one story for a great value, Dc's best omnibus and possibly one of Brubaker's best books)
    Planetary omnibus (just an amazing story)
    Hellboy and Fear agent Library editions (if you like FA, definitely try Hellboy too)
    Sixth gun Deluxe hc (it's a western but a it's a great fantasy western mixed with sci-fi and horror parts. I recommend yo EVERYONE (it's also one of my nicest looking books on the shelf)
    X-statix (great story and you can get it very cheap both in Us and Europe)
    Sandman, Watchmen, Preacher, Y the Last Man, Swamp thing by Moore, Invisibles, Dark knight returns, All-star Superman etc. Are all great stories snd have different format books
    These are really good reccomendations, also Omnibus editions and Deluxe/Oversized Hardcovers tend to be the best value often costing a similiar amount to tpb collections but can contain more issue and are in hardcover too.

  11. #641
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    5,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I can give you a list of my faves. If I may ask, where do you live? So I can recommend good online stores.
    My faves:
    Sleeper omnibus (a big done in one story for a great value, Dc's best omnibus and possibly one of Brubaker's best books)
    Planetary omnibus (just an amazing story)
    Hellboy and Fear agent Library editions (if you like FA, definitely try Hellboy too)
    Sixth gun Deluxe hc (it's a western but a it's a great fantasy western mixed with sci-fi and horror parts. I recommend yo EVERYONE (it's also one of my nicest looking books on the shelf)
    X-statix (great story and you can get it very cheap both in Us and Europe)
    Sandman, Watchmen, Preacher, Y the Last Man, Swamp thing by Moore, Invisibles, Dark knight returns, All-star Superman etc. Are all great stories snd have different format books
    agreed! All of these are great and awesome and everything else! Not sure everyone would be your cup of tea but they definitely worth a shot.
    Off the top of my head I would add Nextwave -agents of H.A.T.E. (batshit insane Marvel stuff from Warren Ellis and Stuart Immonen), Batgirl/Robin year one (really good stories and cartoony artwork) and Runaways (Brian K Vaughan, MArvel, teenagers with superpowers running away from their criminal parents). All of these are self contained runs and published in chunky tpb-s (Runaways will be published in complete collections this summer, but it is already published in several other formats).
    +the omnibus is just went OOP but maybe you can find one somwhere for a good price: Hickman's Secret Warriors. Superhero-spy stuff with Nick Fury, self contained (a bit ties into Secret Invasion).

  12. #642
    Senior Member MartinNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    981

    Default

    The new Previews for June is online: http://www.previewsworld.com/support.../JUN14_COF.pdf

    What are you planning on getting? From looking through that massive list it looks like I'll try and grab all these titles:

    Archaia
    COLLECTOR HC (by Sergio Toppi!!)

    Dark Horse
    USAGI YOJIMBO SAGA LTD ED HC VOL 01
    LOVERBOYS HC (Gilbert Hernandez' new book)

    Fantagraphics
    HOW TO BE HAPPY HC (I enjoyed reading the preview on the fanta website)

    Humanoids
    EL NINO OMNIBUS HC

    Image
    FADE OUT #1 (the new Brubaker/Phillips collaboration, cool to try out)

    Titan Comics
    THIRD TESTAMENT HC VOL 01 (OF 4) LION AWAKES (by Xavier Dorison & Alex Alice... the latter also did Siegfried. Cannot wait for this!!!)

    Vertigo
    FABLES DELUXE EDITION HC VOL 09
    PUNK ROCK JESUS DELUXE EDITION HC

  13. #643
    explorer SXVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    1,105

    Default

    Cool, thanks for the recommendations... I don't want to derail the thread too much, so... that seems like a great place to start.

    I recently got the X-Statix omnibus and agree with that, that's the kind of value i was intending to find... i received that for like $35 and feel like it's a great value without spending a massive amount.

    The Annihilation omnibus on the other hand is far in the other direction, i can't see spending $80 on it.

    I'd like to get Secret Warriors but the price shot up to around $80 at least, i'd probably just get a few of the trades instead... i've read some of it already.

    A good starting point, thanks. I've read most of that stuff in the past, so... it would be more a question of finding which collections offer the most value for their price ranges, etc.
    Last edited by SXVA; 05-21-2014 at 04:32 PM.

  14. #644
    Incredible Member NZ_InFerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Cool, thanks for the recommendations... I don't want to derail the thread too much, so... that seems like a great place to start.

    I recently got the X-Statix omnibus and agree with that, that's the kind of value i was intending to find... i received that for like $35 and feel like it's a great value without spending a massive amount.

    The Annihilation omnibus on the other hand is far in the other direction, i can't see spending $80 on it.

    A good starting point, thanks.
    Annihilation is the best event Marvel has put out imo, definitely worth checking out. If you check out the Marvel thread you will see some pics and conversation about it.

  15. #645
    explorer SXVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    1,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Annihilation is the best event Marvel has put out imo, definitely worth checking out. If you check out the Marvel thread you will see some pics and conversation about it.
    It's definitely good, i've read probably half of it... i just can't see myself spending that much on it though. I could practically buy the complete series of Dexter for that price, or two series of Star Trek TNG.... the amount of entertainment i'd receive from Dexter is like a bajillion times what i would on Annihilation. Hehe.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •