Page 62 of 865 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162562 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by abilashsaliba View Post
    Pretty frustrating. If they can collect Spawn how hard is it to collect this?
    Hasn't the Spawn ohc line died a death?. Seems like forever since the last volume was released.

Fantastic Member

My latest books:
    image.jpg

Things I'm happy to have:

- BONE limited signed edition (one of 2000)
    - umbrella academy slipcased vol 1 (woo-hoo!)
    - astro city family album signed edition (one of 300)

How much did Apocalypse Suite cost ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    Hasn't the Spawn ohc line died a death?. Seems like forever since the last volume was released.
    Did it peter out after book 9? I Collected the first 2 then found myself no longer interested. We all hate when things do not get completely collected and we are left hanging, but part of me says at least that got 9 books...

only one hardcover in this weeks books, but i've been looking forward to getting 'you are there' for awhile now. only 1 of the tardi releases from fantagraphics that i don't have yet, adele blanc-sec, though there might be two volumes for that one. afterlife with archie lives up to the hype. first ever time reading an archie comic. francavilla's art is great. manifest destiny was enjoyable, though very weird. i'm looking forward to more. i will be getting into umbral following tonight's viewing of game of thrones. still waiting for the black incal deluxe edition to arrive too.

formerly 'weeks'

Fantastic Member

Yeah I wasn't going to get the Afterlife With Archie trade as I have all the issues already and was planning on holding out for a nice HC at a later date but I don't know if I can resist temptation to grab it. It really is a great series. Very entertaining stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Yeah I wasn't going to get the Afterlife With Archie trade as I have all the issues already and was planning on holding out for a nice HC at a later date but I don't know if I can resist temptation to grab it. It really is a great series. Very entertaining stuff...
    it collects all the covers and variants, plus has a francavilla sketchbook.
    formerly 'weeks'

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    How much did Apocalypse Suite cost ya?
    $130. I don't know why but I was the only bidder on eBay )

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

Finally dug into my Groo Artist Edition HC today. Here's some pics...

This is the box that it comes in.

GrooBox.jpg

Here's the cover:

GrooCvr.jpg

Here's one of the panels:

GrooPanel.jpg

Next post: one of the two-page spreads.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

Here's one of the two-page spreads, with a Pigma marker included for size reference:

GrooSpread.jpg

This book is absolutely incredible. I'd never seen one of the IDW Artist Editions before, and there's really no way to prepare for the size and the reproduction. It helps that Sergio Aragones is my favorite cartoonist, period. But if there's one of these of someone you're partial to, it's worth getting.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post

Over the library editions? Or, just in general?

In general.
    I have no experience with the Library Edition.

Spectacular Member

Hi Guys,

I got a binding question for you experts out there. Just got the Crawlspace omnibus and I have an issue with the binding.
    Basically it lays flat in the middle but the top of the binding isn't glued to the actual book as the top is; you'll see quite clearly in the pictures.

Do you reckon I should ask BD for a replacement or try and go all surgeon on the glued part and just go with it?
    Thanks!

EDIT: sorry for the pictures, they look fine on my end

20140609_125221.jpg20140609_125303.jpg

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Hi Guys,

I got a binding question for you experts out there. Just got the Crawlspace omnibus and I have an issue with the binding.
    Basically it lays flat in the middle but the top of the binding isn't glued to the actual book as the top is; you'll see quite clearly in the pictures.

Do you reckon I should ask BD for a replacement or try and go all surgeon on the glued part and just go with it?
    Thanks!

That doesn't look very nice, I'd try asking BD for a replacement and if that fails you should not try to fix it if you don't know what you're doing, you could ruin the book
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Does anyone have the Americqn Flagg! Hardcover? I'm very intrigued by the book but I don't know if the hardcover is the best way to go, any opinions
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Hi Guys,

Thanks!

The only thing wrong there is the excess glue at the top. The bottom looks fine and that is how all sewn books should look like.