Page 569 of 865 FirstFirst ... 69469519559565566567568569570571572573579619669 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    considering the thickness of the paper in Gallery Edition I am surprised by what you have observed. I need to check mine! (and I don't know what is advised in that case).
    Yeah, that's why I'm surprised (

The same problem with Hellboy AE:

Spectacular Member

I've never taken my Artist's and Gallery Edition books out of their boxes and stored them upright on a shelf, Roland, and subsequently have never had that problem. I don't know of any reason other than humidity that would cause that either - except getting them wet, of course - but I suspect storing such large books horizontally might have been the cause, somehow. In fact, I did have a few books with slightly wavy pages and the problem with those was always that they weren't standing in perfect line with my other books and were therefore opened slightly at certain pages. Maybe that's what happened here?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    I've never taken my Artist's and Gallery Edition books out of their boxes and stored them upright on a shelf, Roland, and subsequently have never had that problem. I don't know of any reason other than humidity that would cause that either - except getting them wet, of course - but I suspect storing such large books horizontally might have been the cause, somehow. In fact, I did have a few books with slightly wavy pages and the problem with those was always that they weren't standing in perfect line with my other books and were therefore opened slightly at certain pages. Maybe that's what happened here?
    Maybe the problem is in my cleaner. I'll talk to her in a week: maybe she used some wet rag to clean the shelves.

Arrivals of past few weeks...

Last edited by MartinNL; 05-29-2016 at 12:36 PM.

Don't know where to post that, so I will use this thread.
    Does someone know if there is a comic/book Brazilian (or Portuguese) online store where I could order Brazilian editions of Marshal Law comics issued in the nineties? Obviously they would do international shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Don't know where to post that, so I will use this thread.
    Does someone know if there is a comic/book Brazilian (or Portuguese) online store where I could order Brazilian editions of Marshal Law comics issued in the nineties? Obviously they would do international shipping.

Well, we have here a page called Mercado Livre, our own Ebay... i searched there and found the complete mini series (6 issues) for R$ 60,00 (+/- 15 euros).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Arrivals of past few weeks...

God, wish I was able to justify putting that much cash into Transmet while there's so many other books out there.

Finished Gotham Central yesterday, and I now I don't know what to do with myself... It's THAT good.

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    Well, we have here a page called Mercado Livre, our own Ebay... i searched there and found the complete mini series (6 issues) for R$ 60,00 (+/- 15 euros).
    many thanks for your response. I had indeed stumbled across this site, but I wasn't sure it was possible to ask for international shipping. But now that you confirm that this is the site of reference, I will look further into it (I have also find some copies on Portugal based web site).

All-New Member

20160531_112405.jpg
    The Goon Library volume 2 just arrived, opened it and wondering is this okay? Or should I return it.

Spectacular Member

Probably best returning it, Yaazie. The pages should still be stuck to that black headband, which should arch appropriately away from the case as you go through the book. If the glue holding the pages together were to crack or the stitching was to become loose then I'm pretty sure you run the risk of the pages actually falling out so I'd exchange it for another copy just to be sure.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaazie View Post
    20160531_112405.jpg
    The Goon Library volume 2 just arrived, opened it and wondering is this okay? Or should I return it.
    The exact same thing happened with my Goon Library vol 2 the first time I opened it and I asked for a replacement copy. Like Endsville said, from what I understand the headband helps to strenghten the binding, so it should be glued to the page block to maintain the long-term integrity of the book's binding (especially on a big book like that).

All-New Member

Thank you Endsville and QComix. I asked for a return

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    Probably best returning it, Yaazie. The pages should still be stuck to that black headband, which should arch appropriately away from the case as you go through the book. If the glue holding the pages together were to crack or the stitching was to become loose then I'm pretty sure you run the risk of the pages actually falling out so I'd exchange it for another copy just to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    The exact same thing happened with my Goon Library vol 2 the first time I opened it and I asked for a replacement copy. Like Endsville said, from what I understand the headband helps to strenghten the binding, so it should be glued to the page block to maintain the long-term integrity of the book's binding (especially on a big book like that).
    if this happens on older books that you can't return, what type of glue would you use to fix it yourself?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    if this happens on older books that you can't return, what type of glue would you use to fix it yourself?
    image.jpgI have used it on several books sewn and glued type bindings and it works awesome. I have even used it to repair a crack between signatures where you could see the cloth backing in the gutter and it came out good as new. There is the repair thread a few pages in started by cerd the nerd that has some good info/instructions.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    image.jpgI have used it on several books sewn and glued type bindings and it works awesome. I have even used it to repair a crack between signatures where you could see the cloth backing in the gutter and it came out good as new. There is the repair thread a few pages in started by cerd the nerd that has some good info/instructions.
    Cheers Brewman