Page 831 of 865 FirstFirst ... 331731781821827828829830831832833834835841 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,465 of 12974
    All-New Member

Edit: It was indeed the wrong thread.

With BPRD Hell on Earth hardcovers almost done, and the Abe Sapiens also in hardcover, I'm hoping we see some Witchfinder hardcovers soon, as well as some Lobster Johnson and maybe a book or two collecting the odd one off series like Sledgehammer, Crimson Lotus, and Koschei. Also maybe a Hellboy companion collecting the couple issues/ogn left uncollected, and the BPRD Being Human arc that was orphaned.

Incredible Member

Of course... go with the one that’s still available on stores and in some online places, not the one that’s out of stock and being scalped for $500, sigh. Let’s hope they actually reprint Year One, it’ll go great with my Year Two and the upcoming Shattered Grid Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    With BPRD Hell on Earth hardcovers almost done, and the Abe Sapiens also in hardcover, I'm hoping we see some Witchfinder hardcovers soon, as well as some Lobster Johnson and maybe a book or two collecting the odd one off series like Sledgehammer, Crimson Lotus, and Koschei. Also maybe a Hellboy companion collecting the couple issues/ogn left uncollected, and the BPRD Being Human arc that was orphaned.
    Probably we'll see BPRD The Devil You Know hardcover too! Lobster Johnson maybe will get problems to collect after John Arcudi and Mignola had some issues recently.

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    Probably we'll see BPRD The Devil You Know hardcover too! Lobster Johnson maybe will get problems to collect after John Arcudi and Mignola had some issues recently.
    I've read a little about this, but I don't see how it will impact reprints? I mean, they're printing the Hell on Earth hardcovers, and Arcudi is all over that.

The situation sucks though, they seemed to get along fantastically well prior to this.

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    Heard nothing, what’s the skinny?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Heard nothing, what’s the skinny?
    I don't know the full details, but from what I've read is that Arcudi(and by extension, Guy Davis as well) are not/have not/will not get royalties/payment for their contributions to Hellboy/BPRD from screen adaptations, e.g. Ben Daimio in the new Hellboy film, since it was all work for fire.

I could be wrong about this, but this is what I've gathered

Spectacular Member

Well Dark Horse is doing a Witchfinder Omnibus Volume One, so I would imagine the ultimate goal is to eventually do omnis for all of the Hellboy-related stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    Well Dark Horse is doing a Witchfinder Omnibus Volume One, so I would imagine the ultimate goal is to eventually do omnis for all of the Hellboy-related stuff.
    I missed this! Thanks!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I missed this! Thanks!
    No problem! The entry was only just added today, but it's still good news.

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    No problem! The entry was only just added today, but it's still good news.
    I also see a Baltimore one as well. Good stuff

Incredible Member

Keep in mind that for you excited about these new dark horse omnibi, that Dark Horse seems to have a different grasp on it then Marvel and DC, meaning that they’ll just be small trades and not Oversized Hardcovers!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Keep in mind that for you excited about these new dark horse omnibi, that Dark Horse seems to have a different grasp on it then Marvel and DC, meaning that they’ll just be small trades and not Oversized Hardcovers!
    I’d of thought they would be standard sized HC’s, like the BPRD hc’s, didn’t DH stop doing those small, thick trades they called omni’s A while back? Personally I think I prefer the size of the BPRD books to marvel/dc oversized stuff, more pages but easier to read, does the extra inch or so matter (oo-er mrs)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Eh, doesn't really bother me. Been buying DH for years, even have a bunch of their softcover omnibus. 35 bucks msrp for 400-500 color pages? Sign me up.

"Omnibus" just means a collection anyway.