Page 27 of 835 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127527 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 12512
  1. #391
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post
    That had to be intentional. They're probably hoping some people will confuse it for a Hickman book and give it a try.
    What's this book even about? Never even heard of it until the pictures were posted lol

  2. #392
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    What's this book even about? Never even heard of it until the pictures were posted lol
    http://www.stashmycomics.com/blog/wh...-bad-karma-hc/
    Last edited by pud333; 05-07-2014 at 08:23 AM.

  3. #393
    Fantastic Member slop101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    That's going to be a heavy box.
    Yeah, I might have to open it before I can move it.

    This is actually my first order from IST, and I hear their nuclear apocalypse packaging is pretty good, so I'm not too worried about damage.

  4. #394
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    624

    Default

    My copy of the Becky Cloonan book By Chance or Providence arrived today, which was a nice suprise as I had kind of forgotten about it.

    Quite disappointed with it to be honest. 1) it isnt even standard trim (see the first picture for comparison with a regular DC hardcover) and 2) it is the very definition of a mousetrap. It dosnt matter how hard I try it won't even stay open by itself in the middle pages, so no interior shots for you guys.





  5. #395
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    My copy of the Becky Cloonan book By Chance or Providence arrived today, which was a nice suprise as I had kind of forgotten about it.

    Quite disappointed with it to be honest. 1) it isnt even standard trim (see the first picture for comparison with a regular DC hardcover) and 2) it is the very definition of a mousetrap. It dosnt matter how hard I try it won't even stay open by itself in the middle pages, so no interior shots for you guys.
    May I ask, where did you buy it? And what does it contain?

  6. #396
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    624

    Default

    It was from here http://www.lounak.com/werehouse/inde...te=common/home it was up for pre-order a couple months back I think, it got mentioned a few times in the old thread. Looks like it was a limited run though as its no longer available on the website (unless you can read french).

    It contains three short stories that she self published back in 2011 called Wolves, The Mire, and Demeter.

  7. #397

    Default

    I just finished Dahmer, My Friend, which I've had sitting on the shelf for months. I ended up going through the whole book in a couple hours. What a great story with compelling art. I highly recommend this book if you're interested in Dahmer, the 70s, or just great story-telling.

  8. #398
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    It was from here http://www.lounak.com/werehouse/inde...te=common/home it was up for pre-order a couple months back I think, it got mentioned a few times in the old thread. Looks like it was a limited run though as its no longer available on the website (unless you can read french).

    It contains three short stories that she self published back in 2011 called Wolves, The Mire, and Demeter.
    Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I didn't notice it in the old thread. I really like these Becky's works and it will be preferable to have them not only digitally.

  9. #399
    Newbie Member Rat A Tat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catspit View Post
    Is incognito worth a buy? Most people don't enjoy it as
    Much as the other books they have done... (Sleeper, criminal etc..)
    I personally wouldn't recommend it as a buy. It's got a unique concept and I would say it's worth a read, but I've read it once and I don't feel it grabbed me enough that I will re-read it any time soon, if ever.

  10. #400
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    5,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rat A Tat View Post
    I personally wouldn't recommend it as a buy. It's got a unique concept and I would say it's worth a read, but I've read it once and I don't feel it grabbed me enough that I will re-read it any time soon, if ever.
    I'm quite the opposite. I've read it twice and I will read it again I'm sure.

  11. #401
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    I just finished Dahmer, My Friend, which I've had sitting on the shelf for months. I ended up going through the whole book in a couple hours. What a great story with compelling art. I highly recommend this book if you're interested in Dahmer, the 70s, or just great story-telling.
    yes, this was a really interesting and also quite sad read. The whole notion of individuals sort of "slipping through the cracks" of society and ending up terribly broken (obviously with the case of a Dahmer being the extreme end of the spectrum) is fascinating to me because I've known a couple of people (one a close school friend) who experienced similar circumstances and have led sad lives because of it.

  12. #402
    Fantastic Member slop101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rat A Tat View Post
    I personally wouldn't recommend it as a buy. It's got a unique concept and I would say it's worth a read, but I've read it once and I don't feel it grabbed me enough that I will re-read it any time soon, if ever.
    I think Incognito is great, but if we're rating Brubaker/Phillips books, I'd put it forth behind Fatale, Sleeper and Criminal.

  13. #403
    Junior Member James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    My copy of the Becky Cloonan book By Chance or Providence arrived today, which was a nice suprise as I had kind of forgotten about it.

    Quite disappointed with it to be honest. 1) it isnt even standard trim (see the first picture for comparison with a regular DC hardcover) and 2) it is the very definition of a mousetrap. It dosnt matter how hard I try it won't even stay open by itself in the middle pages, so no interior shots for you guys.
    ooh, i was just thinking about when this book would arrive, hopefully i'll get it this week then!
    formerly 'weeks'

  14. #404
    Spectacular Member Cap'n_RDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Can someone please confirm for me that the Invincible Ultimate Collection series contains the covers and that they are located at the beginning of each issue? I purchased the Walking Dead Vol. 1 hard cover a year ago and was disappointed that it didn't contain the covers.

  15. #405
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,555

    Default

    Hey guys, I used cheapgraphicnovels.com on Monday to order some Marvel OHC's. I used the "UPS Media Mail" option and I haven't gotten any emails about the order since I ordered it. Do they always take this long with their orders or should I call customer service about it?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •