Page 180 of 835 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280680 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 12512
  1. #2686
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    151

    Default

    What do you all think are the chances of getting a nicer release of Afterlife with Archie than the Trade? I'm buying it in Floppies, but I'm unsure if I want to buy the trade or wait and hope for a Hardcover.

  2. #2687
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Rock View Post
    What do you all think are the chances of getting a nicer release of Afterlife with Archie than the Trade? I'm buying it in Floppies, but I'm unsure if I want to buy the trade or wait and hope for a Hardcover.
    Knowing nothing about how Archie comics usually does things, I've been assuming there will be a hardcover so I was waiting for that. Now that they are doing magazine editions of the issues a la Creepy and Eerie from back in the day I think im gonna get those. That Fade Out magazine edition really turned me on to that sort of thing.

  3. #2688
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Brussels, Belgium
    Posts
    79

    Default

    i hope they will make a Life with archie -married life Omnibus

  4. #2689
    Mighty Member LordJulius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    Oh my god, oh my god: Carl Barks and Don Rosa Artist's Editions!!!

    http://www.idwpublishing.com/idw-ann...collaboration/

    And here I was complaining about the Barks Library books not being big enough!

    God, I love IDW!

    Hm. The article about the deal between Disney and IDW also talks about other collections of the material. I hope that doesn't mean the end of the Fantagraphics Barks/Rosa Library books.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 10-09-2014 at 04:43 AM.

  5. #2690
    Rookie Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Oh my god, oh my god: Carl Barks and Don Rosa Artist's Editions!!!

    http://www.idwpublishing.com/idw-ann...collaboration/

    And here I was complaining about the Barks Library books not being big enough!

    God, I love IDW!

    Hm. The article about the deal between Disney and IDW also talks about other collections of the material. I hope that doesn't mean the end of the Fantagraphics Barks/Rosa Library books.
    If this means that Fantagraphics loses the license and the series..Ill be really friggin pissed.

  6. #2691
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_NL View Post
    If this means that Fantagraphics loses the license and the series..Ill be really friggin pissed.
    I agree that it would be a bad thing if Fantagraphics lost the Disney license. Hopefully the IDW deal is just for the Artist eds. On a possible positive note if Disney is making deals with IDW, this could lead to IDW handling some collections that Marvel cant commit too. IDW has published complete collections of somewhat obscure books like GRIMJACK and AIRBOY, yet Marvel cant complete X-FACTOR or HULK by Peter David, IRON MAN ohc by Fraction/Larocca etc. etc. I bet IDW, could make a go the books that just don't sell in big enough numbers for Marvel.

  7. #2692
    Rookie Member silkcuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    .rs
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Has the "Locke & Key Master Edition" been solicited somewhere?
    http://www.amazon.com/Locke-Key-Mast...dp/1631402242/
    I couldn't find more info apart from description on amazon but maybe someone somewhere know more.
    The Fact is that it would collect first two story arcs. My presumption is that it will be oversized deluxe-like, but some confirmation would be great.

  8. #2693
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    I agree that it would be a bad thing if Fantagraphics lost the Disney license. Hopefully the IDW deal is just for the Artist eds. On a possible positive note if Disney is making deals with IDW, this could lead to IDW handling some collections that Marvel cant commit too. IDW has published complete collections of somewhat obscure books like GRIMJACK and AIRBOY, yet Marvel cant complete X-FACTOR or HULK by Peter David, IRON MAN ohc by Fraction/Larocca etc. etc. I bet IDW, could make a go the books that just don't sell in big enough numbers for Marvel.
    Yesterday Fantagraphics wrote somewhere on FB that they'll continue publish the same Carl Barks/Don Ross/etc books. IDW will publish only special editions

  9. #2694
    Fantastic Member ShooCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Yesterday Fantagraphics wrote somewhere on FB that they'll continue publish the same Carl Barks/Don Ross/etc books. IDW will publish only special editions
    They did indeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fantagraphics
    For those asking about IDW's recent announcement: IDW will be creating special artist's editions of Barks' and other Disney creators' work; there will be no overlap with our reprints, and in fact we anticipate that their publications will nicely complement our library series as well as continue to fuel interest in these great artists!

  10. #2695
    Senior Member danmar85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silkcuts View Post
    Has the "Locke & Key Master Edition" been solicited somewhere?
    http://www.amazon.com/Locke-Key-Mast...dp/1631402242/
    I couldn't find more info apart from description on amazon but maybe someone somewhere know more.
    The Fact is that it would collect first two story arcs. My presumption is that it will be oversized deluxe-like, but some confirmation would be great.
    The link has been shared, but I haven't seen any mention of a proper solicitation.

  11. #2696
    Junior Member maeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Section 33A2D17
    Posts
    152

    Default

    This is a book i bought lately, not buying much cause sometimes my other hobby - collecting first editions of SF books takes the charge.






  12. #2697
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    The link has been shared, but I haven't seen any mention of a proper solicitation.
    I'm under the impression that this will be the first of 3 oversized books collecting the entire series. Which is good because my buddy owns the 6 normal HC's with the slipcase, and I've enjoyed what I've seen when I flipped through them, so I'll be picking this up for sure.

  13. #2698
    Senior Member danmar85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    I'm under the impression that this will be the first of 3 oversized books collecting the entire series. Which is good because my buddy owns the 6 normal HC's with the slipcase, and I've enjoyed what I've seen when I flipped through them, so I'll be picking this up for sure.
    My problem is for every 10 series that interest me, I can only afford 1. I'm afraid L&K won't be a feasible purchase for a long while (if ever). In regard to solicitations; are there any actual sites that have release dates as far out as 5 months? February is a LONG way off. There's always the chance of a confirmation by a writer/artist or the publisher itself in some fashion. Has anyone thought to ask Joe Hill on twitter for a confirmation?

  14. #2699
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    I have this book at home. I actually bought and read the TPBs and loved them so much I bought the OHC when it came out.

    I'll post some pictures when I get home tonight.

    Oh, btw, has anyone else read The Secret Histories Omnibus?
    Did you get home yet

  15. #2700
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    630

    Default

    Latest. Long Halloween is really nice for a DC HC. Glued, but it opens nicely and isn't a mousetrap like their other releases. Paper is matte quality like DMZ. Perfect for this story. Also super excited to read Blacksad tonight!


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •