Page 564 of 865 FirstFirst ... 64464514554560561562563564565566567568574614664 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 12974
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Why would they do that? Looks terrible next to the first volume
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Why would they do that? Looks terrible next to the first volume
    Totally agree. That's either incredibly sloppy or ridiculously idiotic.

I think I'll go ahead and pass now. I buy the series in single issues anyway. At least now I don't have to double dip
    Last edited by wwise03; 05-18-2016 at 07:02 PM.

Incredible Member

Yeah it's just... It feels someone would have to try to make that mistake. Does nothing for the design or brand except make it not look uniform next to v1.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

To be entirely fair, it's actually the first Lazarus OHC that has the error. I have a shelf full of oversized Image books (as do most of you I'd assume) and they all have the Image logo stamped on the top. Lazarus 1 is the only one with it at the bottom like that. I guess it's true they could have just leaned into the mistake and printed all the subsequent volumes like that for conformity, but I would bet you they have marketing research data that suggests the book will sell better with the layout in the familiar Image style. That familiar style is done on purpose for brand identification.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    at least this one will be in print? also wasn't that limited edition? I can only find the library binding and that's not top shelf.
    the weird thing is they did the slipcase tpb then now this.
    To my knowledge there were two HC editions, the limited numbered Graphiti Designs edition, and the UK ("not for sale in the USA") Knockabout edition (2008 I think), the latter being also a limited edition (1500 copies "to date"). A Top Shelf US HC edition was solicited for a 2011 release (same cover than Knockabout http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/from-hell-hardcover?), but I am not sure it has been eventually released as there is no trace of it on amazon or ebay. Perhaps they have settled for the TPB edition.
    The IDW one will have the exact same size than the Knockabout one. And if you prefer the Knockabout cover, oddly it seems that they still have copies in stock http://www.knockabout.com/shop/?product=alan-moore (oddly because on ebay I have seen insane prices for that book).

All-New Member

Your Lazarus First Collection have different spine than mine which will match that Second Collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hippy View Post
    Your Lazarus First Collection have different spine than mine which will match that Second Collection.
    You probably have a 2nd print then?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    You probably have a 2nd print then?
    No, first printing. Bought from IST the day it came out.

IMG_20160519_142749.jpg IMG_20160519_142824.jpg
    Last edited by Savage Hippy; 05-19-2016 at 04:49 AM. Reason: images added

No, first printing. Bought from IST the day it came out.
    Well that's funny then... I have a first printing too and it has the Image logo at the bottom. Luckily I'm not too bothered by it though

Anyone read any of Dynamites pulp stuff? I may be the only person who enjoyed the shadow year one and I'm looking to try some more out, especially as they are doing a Justice. Inc. series which was a DC prestige format 2 book set by Kyle Baker (I think) which I loved, I have seen a Zorro and Green Hornet tpb omni's anything else worth getting?

Fantastic Member

yep, mine's the same, first printing, logo on the top

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    yep, mine's the same, first printing, logo on the top
    Well this is even more irritating

So this just arrived (the one on the right; the pocket-size Absolute is just there as a comparison):

Spectacular Member

Wow I didnt realize how big those gallery editions are. What issues does it contain? Or is it the entire thing?

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Wow I didnt realize how big those gallery editions are. What issues does it contain? Or is it the entire thing?
    ALL of them. And while Graphitti wasn't able to get hold of all of the pages, about 75-80% of the originals are there (when browsing through the book, it actually feels like there are even more originals). Plus they put on tons of vellum overlays that compare pages originally inked by Janson to the re-inked ones by Miller (which ended up in the actual issues); that means we get to see DKR pages with Janson inks that have never been published before.

There are also quite a few extras, including original pages from a DKR spoof I had never heard of by Miller and Sergio Aragones.

Man, so glad I got this. What a stunningly beautiful book.