Page 690 of 865 FirstFirst ... 190590640680686687688689690691692693694700740790 ... LastLast
Results 10,336 to 10,350 of 12974
    Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Yeesh. With reviews like this, it's a wonder the series stays afloat.
    Descender has a lot of charm and I don't get the bad reviews, personally. Chalk me into the other column. Try it out.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

So I'm sure this has come up enough to make some people sick, but I recently have started noticing warping at the top of my omnibus pages. Being in Florida, I have to battle heat and humidity daily but it still bugs me. One site I saw told a guy to just return his books for exchange , but I can't.

Any pro tips? Anyone know if the restoration processes out there will help without spending a fortune?

Descender was a book I really wanted to like, it just never connected. Important to add, and kind of why I like to hear others opinions on it, is that I know a few people that really love the book. So I hope the negative opinions wouldn't dissuade anybody from checking it out. I don't think it's a bad book by any means, just one of those that's not for me. That could change if I ever hear it finishes strong.

I was going to blind but Descender but I think I'll hold off. Lemire is very hit or miss. Like old man Brian said, I'll wait awhile longer to see if opinions change.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    It has arrived! I've been waiting to read this book for so long. And will get it signed in two weeks.

Looks great with W&D. Image delivers, as always.

Why are your copies of W+D and Phonogram white? The copies I was eyeing in the LCS the other day were dark green and black. Or were those just the dust jackets and you have removed them in your pics?

/\ White editions are exclusive to ForbiddenPlanet

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'll be getting Black Science vol. 2 HC

I'm still amazed that there hasn't been a DLX HC of any Manifest Destiny at this point.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'll be getting Black Science vol. 2 HC
    Did they ever fix the first volume that had printing problems? I remember buying it and having to send it back because it was messed up. I don't remember if they ever fixed it and after that, I stopped reading it. Is the book still really good?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Iirc they didnt another print with the error fixed but they were glued binding rather than sewn like the original.
    Anybody confirm?

It's a glued binding with, sadly, a lot of gutter loss. But the story and the art are great.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but finally got around to buying Black Science, read it, hated it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but finally got around to buying Black Science, read it, hated it, sold it
    Boo!

I read Black Science in singles and love it, but haven't bought the hardcover yet. I'll break down and get it at some point, bad binding and all, just to have Scalera's art at that size, giant pointy witch noses and all. Speaking of, he draws a damn good witch. Overall I don't think it's better than Fear Agent at this point. That opinion could change depending on how Black Science ultimately ends and if Remender can nail the ending as well as he did Fear Agent.

If there happens to be anybody reading this that has never read Fear Agent, go buy those two Library Editions NOW! It's one of the all-time greats IMO.

On the topic of Image hardcovers, was there ever a Nailbiter volume 2 announced? I've never read any of it, but saw the series ended a couple of months ago.

Next, on the topic of Joshua Williamson, I wish they'd do a deluxe hardcover of Birthright. Another I read in singles that's been really good and under appreciated and talked about. At least if you like fantasy books.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    /\ White editions are exclusive to ForbiddenPlanet
    Ah I see...looks like W+D is already sold out but there are still some copies of Phonogram. I'll probably just get the regular editions, as nice as these are.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Boo!

I read Black Science in singles and love it, but haven't bought the hardcover yet. I'll break down and get it at some point, bad binding and all, just to have Scalera's art at that size, giant pointy witch noses and all. Speaking of, he draws a damn good witch. Overall I don't think it's better than Fear Agent at this point. That opinion could change depending on how Black Science ultimately ends and if Remender can nail the ending as well as he did Fear Agent.

If there happens to be anybody reading this that has never read Fear Agent, go buy those two Library Editions NOW! It's one of the all-time greats IMO.

On the topic of Image hardcovers, was there ever a Nailbiter volume 2 announced? I've never read any of it, but saw the series ended a couple of months ago.

Next, on the topic of Joshua Williamson, I wish they'd do a deluxe hardcover of Birthright. Another I read in singles that's been really good and under appreciated and talked about. At least if you like fantasy books.

i too loved Fear Agent and i think i was expecting more of the same with Black Science, and to be honest, the story may have been ok but i really couldn't get passed the terrible art

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    i too loved Fear Agent and i think i was expecting more of the same with Black Science, and to be honest, the story may have been ok but i really couldn't get passed the terrible art
    I really love the difference in experiences between people. I loved the art for example. And Descender is something I won't read because of the art. For me the combination between writing and art needs to be good. If I don't like the art I won't even start the reading. But when the art is great and the writing sucks I'm allready on the way and I will finish.