Page 774 of 865 FirstFirst ... 274674724764770771772773774775776777778784824 ... LastLast
Results 11,596 to 11,610 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I loved Fell and given the chance I think it would have been my favorite series he ever did. Sadly he cut it short. As I recall he had a computer crash and lost a lot of scripts and decided he wouldn’t finish. I could be wrong on that tho.
    That combo of Ellis and Templesmith was something special, I heard about the computer problem as well, seems a bit of weak excuse but it will go down as a great unifinished book

So, i was placing order on Speedyhen and it appeared that i need UK billing adress to indicate. Any ideas, can i use random?
    "+We only accept credit and debit cards issued by UK banksWe only accept credit and debit cards issued by UK banks"
    UPD nevermind now, used paypal
    Last edited by bearded_adam; 02-24-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    So, i was placing order on Speedyhen and it appeared that i need UK billing adress to indicate. Any ideas, can i use random?
    "+We only accept credit and debit cards issued by UK banksWe only accept credit and debit cards issued by UK banks"
    UPD nevermind now, used paypal
    does it worth it with the shipping prices tho? Speedyhen's packaging is nowhere near to IST's so if you don't mind waiting you might be better off with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    does it worth it with the shipping prices tho? Speedyhen's packaging is nowhere near to IST's so if you don't mind waiting you might be better off with them.
    Well, it was sin city curator collection, and shipping from instock costs 100$ vs speedyhen 21 gbp. As much i love love instock packing, it is total 200$ vs 130. I hope they at least put extra cardboard case, so it come safely.

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    Well, it was sin city curator collection, and shipping from instock costs 100$ vs speedyhen 21 gbp. As much i love love instock packing, it is total 200$ vs 130. I hope they at least put extra cardboard case, so it come safely.
    ah yeah I remember now you were asking about this not that long ago. I only have one DH artist edition type book and I've bought that used but I think their large books come in their own protective boxes like IDW artist editions do, so it should be okay (In fact I think the humongous Hal Foster Tarzan hcs from DH came in those boxes too).

Incredible Member

Anyone know much about Motor Girl by Terry Moore? I see the omnibus is coming out and I really enjoyed Rachel Rising, but that is the only work of his I have tried.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Anyone know much about Motor Girl by Terry Moore? I see the omnibus is coming out and I really enjoyed Rachel Rising, but that is the only work of his I have tried.
    Motor Girl is quite different from Rachel Rising. I would classify Rachel Rising as a horror story; while Motor Girl is more a mashup of slice-of-life/post-war drama and sci-fi; with a good serving of comedy mixed in. The main character is a U.S. Marine who served in Iraq; and the story revolves around her life experiences after returning home.

I really enjoyed both Rachel Rising and Motor Girl; but like I said: they are in different genres.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I will get it because it's Terry Moore. I don't even want to know what it's about until I read it. Rachel Rising was my least favorite book from him and I still loved it. Echo and SiP were so good!

Did anybody else go for the limited edition on Terry's site? He might still be taking preorders.

Ok, so this isn't a comic, but still... Sometimes in books, they do things that are really annoying, like this in the illustrated edition of The Philosopher's Stone;

IMG_0436.jpgIMG_0437.jpg

So on page 131 we are just meeting Fluffy and we have a big (and quite nice) illustration of Peeves, who we have seen twice already. On the next page where we really meet Fluffy, we have nothing but a big blank space. I was so looking forward to Fluffy - why would you have another illustration of Peeves and forego an artistic opportunity such as Fluffy?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Time flies, it's already March, last month's haul.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Time flies, it's already March, last month's haul.
    hmmm, I think u managed to buy less this time success!
    also great looking haul!

I'm worried that you might run out of books to buy :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Fantastic Member

Now that all the solcitations are out, here are some HCs tha stood out to me:

DARK HORSE

Abe Sapien: The Drowning and Other Stories HC
    Mike Mignola (W), John Arcudi (W), Scott Allie (W), Jason Shawn Alexander (A), Patric Reynolds (A) Peter Snejbjerg (A), Sebastian Fiumara (Cover), and others
    On sale Jul 11
    FC, 408 pages • $34.99 • HC, 7” x 10”
    In the early 1980’s, new B.P.R.D. agent Abe Sapien was set to retrieve the corpse of a powerful warlock off the coast of France. Abe quickly finds himself in a battle with a century old evil in the form of demonic monks. This mission, along with tales involving a haunted lake, South American vampires, and a mad scientist seeking out man’s missing link are collected here!
    Collects Abe Sapien Vol. 1, 2, and 9.

Buffy Season 10 Library Edition Volume 1 HC
    Christos Gage (W), Nicholas Brendon (W), Rebekah Isaacs (A), Richard Corben (A), Karl Moline (P), Cliff Richards (P), Andy Owens (I), Dan Jackson (C), and Scott Fischer (Cover)
    On sale Jul 4
    FC, 260 pages • $29.99 • HC, 8” x 12”
    Joss Whedon’s Buffy and the Scoobies are shocked to discover another new kind of vampire: harder to kill, able to transform, and walk in the light of day—like Dracula. If that weren’t enough, the rules of magic are literally being rewritten in the Vampyr book, making it a highly coveted item. As the crew feels the responsibility of protecting the book and writing the new rules, they are tempted by what new rules can do for them . . . just like the Big Bads who have come knocking on Buffy’s door!
    Collects the first and second volumes of Buffy Season 10 in a deluxe format with sketchbook extras!

Dept. H Volume 4: Lifeboat HC
    Matt Kindt (W/A/Cover) and Sharlene Kindt (C)
    On sale Jul 17
    FC, 168 pages • $19.99 • HC, 7” x 10”
    The remaining survivors of Dept. H abandon the deep-sea base and prepare for their long-awaited ascent. But life above the waterline remains uncertain for the team, and the pressure to solve Hari’s murder continues to strengthen its grip on Mia. Secrets and memories begin to surface, but before Mia can unpack the mystery, she must decide the fate of those still stuck six miles below sea level. As the water rises, Mia’s time runs out in this last volume of the aquatic sci-fi mystery from New York Times bestselling creator Matt Kindt.

Dork HC
    Evan Dorkin (W/A/Cover) and Sarah Dyer (C)
    On sale Jul 18
    FC, 272 pages • $19.99 • HC, 7” x 10”
    From the multi-Eisner award-winning creator of Milk and Cheese and Beasts of Burden comes this collection of his cult, humor comic anthology.
    Comprising years of black humor stories about a living voodoo doll, a serial killer sitcom, truly real live sex, a disco skinhead, an urbane devil puppet, classic works of literature acted out by Fisher-Price toys, and more absurdity—this is a must have for Dorkin fans!
    Featuring most of the Dork comic run as well as the 2012 full-color House of Fun special, along with rarities, extras, a cover gallery, and a newly drawn introduction.

Shaolin Cowboy: Start Trek HC
    Geof Darrow (W/A/Cover), Pete Doherty (C), Alex Wald (C), Lovern Kindzierski (C), and Dave Stewart (C)
    On sale July 11
    FC, 208 pages • $24.99 • HC, 8” x 12”
    The Shaolin Cowboy walks the action-packed path of three enemies: Those from the past, who still pursue him, those from the future who are waiting for him, and those from the present who find killing him isn’t going to be as easy as it looks.
    The original Eisner-winning series published by Burlyman Entertainment in all its bloody glory.
    It’s fat, it’s fast, it’s furious!!!
    Collects Shaolin Cowboy: The Burlyman series #1-#7.

IDW

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The IDW Collection, Vol. 7
    Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Mateus Santolouco, Dave Wachter, Michael Dialynas (a) • Dan Duncan (c)
    A new age begins for the Turtles as the epic events of the past have created new opportunities for the future—but new dangers as well. While the Turtles adjust to a world leading the Foot Clan post-Shredder, they return to the Technodrome to monitor the revival of the Utroms on Burnow Island and are surprised to meet a new mutant—Leatherhead! Plus, Kitsune still poses a threat, and a new group, the Street Phantoms, enters the fray!
    Collects issues #51–64 of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ongoing series.
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 320 pages • 7” x 11” • ISBN: 978-1-68405-282-0
    Advance solicited for July release!
    Presenting the complete TMNT stories in recommended reading order, including one-shots, crossovers, and event series.

Come Again
    Nate Powell (w & a & c)
    As the sun sets on the 1970s, the spirit of the Love Generation still lingers among the aging hippies of one “intentional community” high in the Ozarks. But what’s missing? Under impossibly close scrutiny, two families wrestle with long-repressed secrets… while deep within those Arkansas hills, something monstrous stirs, ready to feast on village whispers.
    National Book Award-winner Nate Powell returns with a haunting tale of intimacy, guilt, and collective amnesia.
    HC • FC • $24.99 • 280 pages • 6.5” x 9.5” • ISBN: 978-1-60309-428-3

Lost Girls (Expanded Edition)
    Alan Moore (w) • Melinda Gebbie (a)
    The groundbreaking and controversial masterpiece of erotic comics, decades in the making, is now available in a sumptuous hardcover collecting all three volumes plus 32 pages of new artwork and commentary…
    For more than a century, Alice, Wendy, and Dorothy have been our guides through the Wonderland, Neverland, and Land of Oz of our childhoods. Now, like us, these three lost girls have grown up and are ready to guide us again, this time through the realms of our sexual awakening and fulfillment. Through their familiar fairy tales, they share with us their most intimate revelations of desire in its many forms—revelations that shine out radiantly through the dark clouds of war gathering around a luxury Austrian hotel. Drawing on the rich heritage of erotica, Lost Girls is the rediscovery of the power of ecstatic writing and art in a sublime union that only the medium of comics can achieve. Exquisite, thoughtful, and human, Lost Girls is a work of breathtaking scope that challenges the very notion of art fettered by convention. This is erotic fiction at its finest.
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 352 pages • 9” x 12” • ISBN: 978-1-60309-436-8

The Silence of Malka
    Jorge Zentner (w) • Ruben Pellejero (a & c)
    For the family of the little red-headed Malka, trading the Russian shtetl for the Argentine pampas isn’t so easy. Even in a country eager to populate its vast territories, the immigrants discover that their new home isn’t the promised land. They encounter hostility from both man and nature as they struggle through droughts and locusts in an attempt to cultivate the arid soil. When misery pushes them to the extreme, Malka’s uncle is visited by the prophet Elias, who advises that he create a Golem—the mythical creature fashioned from earth and endowed with life by engraving on his body the word “emet” (“truth”)—to pose as a man and aid the immigrants.
    Years later, when the adult Malka is visited by Elias, the events of her youth force her to decide whether or not she can maintain her silence—with fate and divine justice hanging in the balance.
    HC • FC • $24.99 • 112 pages • 8 1/2” x 11” • ISBN: 978-1-68405-287-5
    Winner of the Best Foreign Graphic Album award at the Angoulême International Comics Festival.
    A sweeping and poignant story of Ashkenazi Jews fleeing the Russian pogroms at the end of the 19th Century, as well as a parable of the making of a modern society and the extent to which religion and mysticism meet.
    Inspired by a story told to the author by his grandmother.

TITAN COMICS

THE LEGEND OF TANK GIRL
    Writer Alan Martin Artist Brett Parson WRAPAROUND COVER: BRETT PARSON
    HC • 8 x 12 • 320pp • $49.99 On Sale August 15, 2018 ISBN 9781785864643
    Join in Tank Girl’s 30th Anniversary celebrations with this collection of three madcap adventures, illustrated by fan-favorite artist Brett Parson! Collecting Tank Girl Gold, Two Girls One Tank, and World War Tank Girl! With a brand new wraparound cover!

VIOLENT CASES 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
    Writer Neil Gaiman Artist Dave McKean
    HC • 64pp • $19.95 On Sale March 21, 2018
    Before The Sandman, there was Violent Cases, the first teaming of multi-award winning writer Neil Gaiman and innovative artist Dave McKean.
    A brand-new hardcover with an expanded art section, and introductions by Alan Moore, Paul Gravett, and Neil Gaiman!

YRAGAËL & URM THE MADMAN
    Writer: Michel Demuth Artist: Philippe Druillet
    Publisher: Titan Comics
    Imprint: Statix Press
    FC,128pp, $34.99
    On Sale August 22, 2018
    Part of the Druillet Masterworks series!
    Yragaël and Urm The Madman collected together for the first time!
    The collected adventures of Yragaël, the Doomed Prince, and his unfortunate progeny, Urm!
    Art by comics legend Philippe Druillet (Heavy Metal, Lone Sloane)!

BENITEZ PRODUCTIONS

LADY MECHANIKA OVERSIZED HC VOL 02
    (W) M. M. Chen (A) Martin Montiel (A/CA) Joe Benitez, Mike Garcia
    After a young friend shows up unexpectedly on her doorstep, Lady Mechanika finds herself on a globe-spanning trek filled with alchemy mysteries, secret societies, and scientific curiosities, while opposing forces race in search of the Tablet of Destinies, an ancient Sumerian artifact reputed to hold the knowledge of the Gods and the secrets of the Universe. Collects all 6 issues of the second Lady Mechanika mini-series, The Tablet of Destinies, in a special oversized format.
    In Shops: May 02, 2018
    SRP: $28.99
    Last edited by Kalitarix; 03-01-2018 at 04:04 PM.