Page 256 of 865 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306356756 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Quick question on Humanoids oversized books with slipcases - the ones that have 999 prints: I currently have Final Incal and Metabarons Genesis: Castaka in their oversized format, and I've got Technopriests coming in the mail. I love this format. Besides the Incal and Before Incal, as well as the Metabarons collection, what other oversized books from Humanoids exists with a slipcase? (I'm not interested in the huge coffee table books. Thanks.)

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Quick question on Humanoids oversized books with slipcases - the ones that have 999 prints: I currently have Final Incal and Metabarons Genesis: Castaka in their oversized format, and I've got Technopriests coming in the mail. I love this format. Besides the Incal and Before Incal, as well as the Metabarons collection, what other oversized books from Humanoids exists with a slipcase? (I'm not interested in the huge coffee table books. Thanks.)
    legend of the scarlet blades is the only other one I can think of
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 01-20-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Celestial Bibendum is another.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    legend of the scarlet blades is the only other one I can think of
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    Celestial Bibendum is another.
    Thanks guys. I should look into getting both. The other oversized books like the Incal books are just too expensive for me to pick up now unfortunately.

Thanks guys. I should look into getting both. The other oversized books like the Incal books are just too expensive for me to pick up now unfortunately.
    No kidding, I saw a damaged copy of the incal slipcase go for like $500.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    No kidding, I saw a damaged copy of the incal slipcase go for like $500.
    Christ. I've resigned myself to the fact that I've missed the boat on those.

After an insane amount of delays, it looks like Dynamite will finally be realeasing Doc Savage Archives Volume 1: The Curtis Magazine Era HC this week. Anyone gonna pick it up? I'm really interested despite not being familiar with the character at all. Doug Moench and John Buscema certainly do help with the decision. I love my Creepy and Eerie Archives from Dark Horse (despite them fucking up the spine design) and would like more books in the format.
    Last edited by Frogtown; 01-20-2015 at 11:19 PM.

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

So those Judge Dredd reprints mentioned a few pages back, anyone actually find one in the shops today?

Christ. I've resigned myself to the fact that I've missed the boat on those.
    $500 is just crazy money, with some looking around you could get one of the older Graphitti Designs editions of the Incal for half that (probably less). The Graphitti edition, while not as large as the slipcased edition (same size as the original French volumes), at least has sewn binding instead of glued and is signed by Moebius so it'll keep it's value in case of a reprint (and it wouldn't surprise me if Humanoids would do an new edition similar to the slipcased one someday, it'd be like printing money for them).
    Last edited by aaltomuoto; 01-21-2015 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    So those Judge Dredd reprints mentioned a few pages back, anyone actually find one in the shops today?
    I would really like to go out and buy one in WHSMith because they gonna fly off the shelves with the 1,99 price tag but I'm just so goddamnd lazy to go out in this cold for an hour long walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    After an insane amount of delays, it looks like Dynamite will finally be realeasing Doc Savage Archives Volume 1: The Curtis Magazine Era HC this week. Anyone gonna pick it up? I'm really interested despite not being familiar with the character at all. Doug Moench and John Buscema certainly do help with the decision. I love my Creepy and Eerie Archives from Dark Horse (despite them fucking up the spine design) and would like more books in the format.
    I forgot about this book, but I'm interested as well. Seems like a good value and a good format and size. Anyone familiar with the stories?
    And please PLEASE!!!! Dynamite, release a similar edition with The Shadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I would really like to go out and buy one in WHSMith because they gonna fly off the shelves with the 1,99 price tag but I'm just so goddamnd lazy to go out in this cold for an hour long walk.
    See I have now tried, 2 Newsagents, 1 Forbidden Planet and 1 WH Smith and have seen no sign of it, so I'm now starting to wonder if it is actually out in the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    See I have now tried, 2 Newsagents, 1 Forbidden Planet and 1 WH Smith and have seen no sign of it, so I'm now starting to wonder if it is actually out in the wild.
    2000AD promoting he hell out of this on Facebook. Maybe the delivery trucks didn't reach Scotland yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    2000AD promoting he hell out of this on Facebook. Maybe the delivery trucks didn't reach Scotland yet?
    I'm going to try one more WH Smith after work before I march south!

Spectacular Member

Had lots of amazing deliveries arrive this week and last, all books that I picked up at bargain prices through eBay. May try to squeeze them all in the one picture later on but that may be an impossibility with the gargantuan size of Sundays with Walt and Skeezix. Here I was thinking that the Complete Little Nemo and Hellboy Artist Edition would be the biggest books in my collection and I go ahead and win this thing at half its cheapest price that I could find (so £16 is what I paid). Fits beautifully with Drawn & Quarterly's terrific series as it's also designed by Chris Ware and comes with the usual introduction by Jeet Heer but where I'm ever going to put it, even if my family and I do move house this year, I have no idea! Good thing it came in its packaging from Sunday Press Books, quite like IDW's Artist Editions.

Anyway, a few pages back in this thread I mentioned making a purchase (well, winning an eBay auction again) that anyone who knows the full price of will think I'm insane, and that is Taschen's first collection of Robert Crumb's Sketchbooks, and when I say first I mean the first to be released, the set of Volumes 7 - 12, covering the years 1982 to 2011. Yeah, the seller rather rightly listed this as an "investment purchase" for the far cheaper price he started bidding it at compared to its full value, and in the end I think I picked it up at a very reasonable price (about a third of its retail price but from what I've seen, it's sold at an even more expensive price than that, so it's really more of a quarter). Not an item that anyone who isn't a massive Crumb fan will find worth it at all - and even if you are a mega fan you may well, and fairly, still consider it too expensive - but it's now probably the favourite item in my collection. Really ought to sell that extra copy of the first volume of Usagi Yojimbo Saga that I still have to help make some of the money back though!