Page 268 of 865 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318368768 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

looks beautiful! do you mind taking some more photos from the inside pages? your editions goes for 600+ $ on amazon.com markeplace. wow, this is high-end collecting, for the man who has it all...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    So, ladies and gentlemen, one of the rarest books in my collection finally arrived to my home. And this is a thing of beauty.

This is a limited (only 1000 copies) huge album hardcover with 369 comic strips "Dream of the Rarebit Fiend" of Winsor McCay, reproduced in a full size. Plus a lot of biographical info and photos inside + DVD with more then 800 scanned strips It's a pity I don't have a DVD drive in my laptop haha.
    *faintly* how much did you pay for it?

(i hope more pictures are to follow?)

Fantastic Member

Of course!

I paid only 130 euro including shipping. And maybe they have more in stock! (Because they didn't removed this book from the site but only increased total price)

Fantastic Member

crazy! that's like a 20 minutes drive from my place. will have to check out their store soon.
    thanks for the hint!
    and the photos

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    crazy! that's like a 20 minutes drive from my place. will have to check out their store soon.
    thanks for the hint!
    and the photos
    Wow, good luck! And say hello to Carsten Laqua from the cold Moscow

Incredible Member

First Fantagraphics book ever.

Guys, can anyone tell me what we can expect from next month's Lock and Key Master Edition Vol. 1? I don't own any IDW books so I don't know what to expect... Is it going to be oversized? Does IDW use dustjackets? What about their bindings and paper?
    Thanks in advance!

My haul for the past week, had some catching up to do

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    First Fantagraphics book ever.
    You need more Tardi, Clowes, Ware, Woodring, Barks, Rosa, Gotfredsson, Krigstein, Wolverton and Los Bros Hernandez in your life then
    On a more serious note "It was the war of the trenches" is an absolute masterpiece, the three Manchette/Tardi books that Fanta has published are ace as well.

All-New Member

My favorite things from Fantagraphics are probably the beautiful Complete Peanuts books and the Love and Rockets books.

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    My haul for the past week, had some catching up to do

You need more Tardi, Clowes, Ware, Woodring, Barks, Rosa, Gotfredsson, Krigstein, Wolverton and Los Bros Hernandez in your life then
    On a more serious note "It was the war of the trenches" is an absolute masterpiece, the three Manchette/Tardi books that Fanta has published are ace as well.
    Googled Trilogy USA and it looks gorgeaus, but what the story is about? I'm not too experienced in euro comics so I donno if it's my cup of tea or not but the art is crtainly intriguing in these books.
    So far I've read and liked Blacksad (but who doesn't) some Asterix and Tintin.
    Didn't like Incal too much. Appreciated it but wasn't my thing.
    Also never even heard about Tardi before, but everybody just keep praising that book, but I'm not sure if I want to see another book about the horrors of war, no matter how good it is ( I mean I get it, it is awful. Truly awful. I'm a pacifist, I get it....although I enjoyed Fury, the latest Brad Pitt war flick).

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

My anniversary Metabarons arrived this afternoon, along with a ton of other stuff.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    My anniversary Metabarons arrived this afternoon, along with a ton of other stuff.

Is that new version of The Metabarons any different than the old one?

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    Is that new version of The Metabarons any different than the old one?
    Looks like it has a rounded spine for starters, so that's different. Is there any extra's in the books RedNave? The previous version 'just' has the story.

And what's that top book? The title is hilarious!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post

is it out already? i've got it pre-ordered on Amazon, who have a good price for this edition but a strange relationship with Humanoid books, if i understand correctly, so i'm a bit worried.

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Looks like it has a rounded spine for starters, so that's different. Is there any extra's in the books RedNave? The previous version 'just' has the story.

And what's that top book? The title is hilarious!
    There is an after-word and that's about all the extras I can see. It's a nice edition.

It's the 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' parody self-help book.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    is it out already? i've got it pre-ordered on Amazon, who have a good price for this edition but a strange relationship with Humanoid books, if i understand correctly, so i'm a bit worried.
    Amazon originally said I wouldn't have it to the 20th, then I got the shipping notice yesterday. Amazon love me when it comes to Humanoids book.
    Last edited by RedNave; 02-04-2015 at 01:30 PM.