Page 12 of 865 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112512 ... LastLast

My haul this week (of which the 4 on the left are in Dutch)....

I got the first volume of the second cycle of The Third Testament, of which the first cycle will be published later this year by Titan Comics. Also got Elric, another title that will be published by Titan Comics in September/October. Check out some preview pages with stunning artwork here http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=21452 Also got the start of the new cycle of Copra (yeah not hardcover...) And finally I got that Eros Gone Wild book and I can tell you it's smoking hot inside that book. Mature readers only!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_ View Post
    It's really good don't get me wrong but for me it was just missing the magic of Sleeper and Criminal.
    Still very good comics though.
    I thought the same thing. I love everything Brubaker/Phillips, but I thought Incognito (though good) was not on the same level as everything else they've done.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    I thought the same thing. I love everything Brubaker/Phillips, but I thought Incognito (though good) was not on the same level as everything else they've done.
    I 100% agree with everything you said. Scene of the Crime is also worth mentioning, even though Philips wasn't as involved.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    that's a great deal, an awesome price for those books! i want astonishing x-men badly.

i also enjoyed aama quite a bit. i just saw volume two pop up on amazon, i think a october or november release.
    Wow, such a good news!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Ha you went with that great deal. Good on ya! Looking forward to that Over Easy HC. Supposed to be pretty good. Have you read it yet?
    Nope, haven't. I'm reading Astonishing X-Men now

Fantastic Member

@MartinNL

Oh, I really want this Eros Gone Wild book. How about stories? Are they good?

Awesome haul. How are those Hilda books? I loved Luke Pearson's Everything We Miss, and although targeted at kids is Hilda enjoyable for adults too?

It's also been ages since I read some of those Tintin books. Which ones should I get first if I were to build up the complete collection?
    I think they're actually in order, at least in the first row of the pic that's posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    @MartinNL

Oh, I really want this Eros Gone Wild book. How about stories? Are they good?
    I read a couple and they're quite funny.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    I think they're actually in order, at least in the first row of the pic that's posted.
    Oh yeah I know... I meant more like which are the best. Russia and Africa aren't the best I believe, but Black Rocks, Rackham and a couple others are very good. I think I read them 20-25 years ago so can't remember much of them.

I read a couple and they're quite funny.

Oh yeah I know... I meant more like which are the best. Russia and Africa aren't the best I believe, but Black Rocks, Rackham and a couple others are very good. I think I read them 20-25 years ago so can't remember much of them.
    I started getting them out in order from my local library, the first two weren' that great so started picking them out by ones i remembered reading when i was much younger. I enjoyed Cigars of the pharaoh, Blue Lotus, Destination Moon, Red Rackhams treasure The Mushroom one, and the oil one I remember being good from years ago. Once you're past Tintin in America they're mostly pretty good.

I started getting them out in order from my local library, the first two weren' that great so started picking them out by ones i remembered reading when i was much younger. I enjoyed Cigars of the pharaoh, Blue Lotus, Destination Moon, Red Rackhams treasure The Mushroom one, and the oil one I remember being good from years ago. Once you're past Tintin in America they're mostly pretty good.
    Thx. I'll see if I can pick a couple up at a comics festival at the end of the month. There should be plenty cheap (second hand) ones around.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Talking of this makes me remember that I need to get hold of the Fatale Deluxe Edition soon.

I've heard it will be ending with 24? So I assume there will just be a second deluxe soon after the series ends?

+1 here.
    The first three books (especially Soviets and Congo, America is a bit better) you could basically skip. But then I would strongly advise to start with the Cigars and respect the reading order (Blue Lotus, Broken ear, Black Island). The main reason is that all these books and stories are very good and some of them either build directly on each other (the 2 Rackham/Unicorn and 2 Moon stories are basically one big storyline) or the way some of the characters are introduced and show up in some other books later is quite funny and interesting and sometimes enhances the reading experience. You can't do anything wrong reading Tintin :-)
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Incredible Member

FCBD haul:

Only thing I grabbed was the Archaia HC for my kid. The rest of the books were 40% off US cover price, which was really nice. I didn't get there until after work so I missed out on getting the copy of Before the Incal. And I should have waited on the Metabarons Genesis: Castaka, cause that was 40% off too. Ah well. Sometimes I'm too impatient.

Quote Originally Posted by Catspit View Post
    the new darkhorse relases are oversized?
    I don't know whether they're actually oversized since I don't know what the size of the original EC comics was, but these books are just as tall as Marvel's and DC's OHCs, yes.

I thought you would have bought one by now, though.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    FCBD haul:

Only thing I grabbed was the Archaia HC for my kid. The rest of the books were 40% off US cover price, which was really nice. I didn't get there until after work so I missed out on getting the copy of Before the Incal. And I should have waited on the Metabarons Genesis: Castaka, cause that was 40% off too. Ah well. Sometimes I'm too impatient.

Could you post some pics of inside Mouse Guard and Mesmo Delivery? I wanted both of those today, but both stores I went to were out of Mouse Guard and had not even gotten Mesmo. Is Mouse Guard worth $5?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Could you post some pics of inside Mouse Guard and Mesmo Delivery? I wanted both of those today, but both stores I went to were out of Mouse Guard and had not even gotten Mesmo. Is Mouse Guard worth $5?
    It depends. I personally wouldn't pay $5 for something that was free, but... if you have to have it, there could be worse things to spend $5 on. I haven't read it yet, but some of the art is very nice inside. The binding is tight, but it loosens up and it's actually kind of a nice book for being free.