Page 862 of 865 FirstFirst ... 362762812852858859860861862863864865 LastLast
Results 12,916 to 12,930 of 12974

Incredible Member

I sadly have not been able to keep up with it, but does anybody know if Valiant is still doing Deluxe editions of their stuff?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^
    They are but like their monthly title production it has slowed.
    The last Bloodshot series got the Deluxe treatment back in Feb/March.
    Not sure what the next one may be as I believe that is when we coincide with Covid and their titles only started running 8/9 issues.

I'm curious to see how they collect things going forward. Could still be classified Deluxe but with 4-6 issues fewer than prior Deluxes I expect a price drop. Will we get that???? Marvels pricing structure doesn't care so why should Valiant.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

When I see the price tags of some Omnibi at eBay or Amazon I wonder if someone actually buys them to these prices?

I am still looking vor the first Conan Omnibus with the vintage cover, but the price is ridiculous.

What is your limit for buying the more expensive stuff?

Sticker price. Not a penny more.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Sticker price. Not a penny more.
    Mine too. But that als means to do without some books.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Mine too. But that als means to do without some books.
    It sure does
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I also wouldn't go over the RRP. I believe I only did this once several years ago with the Silver Surfer (SA) Vol. 1 Omnibus when it was OOP. The first printing was retailed at $75 and I went over maybe $15-20. The current printing is retailed at $100 whereas the first printing has the faux leather cover and thick paper. The only downside is it's quite tight as it's glued. I don't mind this once due to the remaining quality characteristics. It's one of my favourite Omnibuses.

Astonishing Member

Ok back to Conan Omnibis or collected editions...

My question: Marvel looses the right for publishing Conan. They won't reprint the Omnibis, what means that they will stop publishing the Epic collections, too? My guess is, yes.

Alright, the original Marvel years are too expensive right now, at least the first one or two. Epic line for Conan is dead maybe, at least it won't go till the end of the original run.

Dark Horse collections on the original material is complete, but the coloring is ugly as hell, so no alternative for me.

So...how to collect Conan? Any idea my fellows?

Astonishing Member

Okay, I take that as a no ;-)

My question is obsolete now, that I purchased volume 1 and 2 of the original marvel years omnibus for an affordable price.

Quite happy right now, and I think the best way to collect the old Conan storys.

Incredible Member

I see Omar of NMC put out a video on the upcoming Cyberforce volume 1 hardcover, turns out it is not oversized. Which is a shame, I was really interested in it before finding that out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    I see Omar of NMC put out a video on the upcoming Cyberforce volume 1 hardcover, turns out it is not oversized. Which is a shame, I was really interested in it before finding that out.
    This is inline with the current Wtichblade and Darkness hardcovers - so I'm not surprised.

This is a big announcement.

Marvel To Remaster The Original Marvel Masterworks Volumes Next Year

At the Diamond Retailer lunch yesterday at San Diego Comic-Con Marvel Comics showed off new prints of the early Marvel Masterworks volumes, going back to the original files and artwork, in the light of what people like Scott Dunbier at IDW brought to the act of archiving and repringting classic comic books, as well as the critique of colourists such as Jose Villarubia, to remaster the line. Spring 2023 will see the original Marvel Masterworks volumes having theri artwork restored furtherm rather than the relatively crude procedures used at the time.
    No more garish, too saturated colors.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Ok back to Conan Omnibis or collected editions...

My question: Marvel looses the right for publishing Conan. They won't reprint the Omnibis, what means that they will stop publishing the Epic collections, too? My guess is, yes.

Alright, the original Marvel years are too expensive right now, at least the first one or two. Epic line for Conan is dead maybe, at least it won't go till the end of the original run.

Dark Horse collections on the original material is complete, but the coloring is ugly as hell, so no alternative for me.

So...how to collect Conan? Any idea my fellows?
    Even my Omnibus with the bad Cassidy cover is going for big bucks.
    See my post above. I wonder if there is any chance of a Conan Masterwork with original coloring? I would sell my omnibus for that!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Does anyone know if the original Judge Dredd series from the 80s has been reprinted? I am talking about the original 80s series that alternated art duties and featured Brian Bolland covers.