Page 810 of 865 FirstFirst ... 310710760800806807808809810811812813814820860 ... LastLast
Results 12,136 to 12,150 of 12974

I've been meaning to try it too, so I'd be interested in the response...

On another note; is CBR not HTTPS anymore?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    That's really lame of DC... One of The IDW Phase 1 Transformers OHC collections has TF & Avengers team up mini in it.
    I think IDW has a closer relationship with Marvel than DC.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts on Northlanders? I have the first deluxe tpb. I was looking at the others and it seems the collections are all over the place and not in order. Is this one continuous story or mixture of tales?

To me Brian Wood can be hit or miss, but I'm willing to give this a shot, having recently binged the Vikings show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I've been meaning to try it too, so I'd be interested in the response...

I finished the first deluxe last night. It has about 20 issues and the arcs are unrelated at this point. They're all pretty good though. I might go track down the others.

Mighty Member

I finished the first deluxe last night. It has about 20 issues and the arcs are unrelated at this point. They're all pretty good though. I might go track down the others.
    There are a couple stories that are related, but as you saw they are mostly unconnected. I believe the new collections have the stories grouped geographically as i recall, but not 100% as i have the original trades.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    There are a couple stories that are related, but as you saw they are mostly unconnected. I believe the new collections have the stories grouped geographically as i recall, but not 100% as i have the original trades.
    Thanks. I was wondering why the last issue was in the second deluxe. That makes sense. I enjoyed the first book.

Even so, I think that it isn't a big thing for DC to say 'Yes, include it'. I mean, really, it's about 6 issues or something?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

What are everyone's thoughts on Northlanders? I have the first deluxe tpb. I was looking at the others and it seems the collections are all over the place and not in order. Is this one continuous story or mixture of tales?

To me Brian Wood can be hit or miss, but I'm willing to give this a shot, having recently binged the Vikings show.
    I got the 3 books blind, but I love Viking stuff so should have been a winner, sold them on eBay, bored me stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I got the 3 books blind, but I love Viking stuff so should have been a winner, sold them on eBay, bored me stupid
    LOL, there was something else recently that bored you, but I can't remember what it was. I liked the first volume but not enough to pursue the second unless it was super cheap. I have too much to read.

It's been years since I read this but I do agree about the sudden change in character for some, although there were some hints from earlier issues. It did seem more sudden than it should, tho. That said, I didn't mind the ending although I do know from reading reviews after I finished it that readers were divided on it.
    Yeah, I guess so. I obviously never read those as I didn‘t want any spoilers back then.

Something I really liked about the series was the comparatively balanced political view and social commentary in it (as opposed to ham-fisted takes like Punk Rock Jesus - but that book was trash anyway), which sounds particularly refreshing atm when the political climate specifically in the US is so toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Yeah, I guess so. I obviously never read those as I didn‘t want any spoilers back then.

Something I really liked about the series was the comparatively balanced political view and social commentary in it (as opposed to ham-fisted takes like Punk Rock Jesus - but that book was trash anyway), which sounds particularly refreshing atm when the political climate specifically in the US is so toxic.
    Oh I totally agree. I didn't want to get into that aspect earlier (since it bores some folks) but if you're a political wonk - especially on the local level (if you consider NY city politics local) - then this is the right book. I mean they talk about rezonings for crying out loud. Haha.

I recently read PRJ but I honestly don't recall much about it. Must not have been that good. I did opt to keep it so I must have figured at the time I'd give it another shot.

Oh I totally agree. I didn't want to get into that aspect earlier (since it bores some folks) but if you're a political wonk - especially on the local level (if you consider NY city politics local) - then this is the right book. I mean they talk about rezonings for crying out loud. Haha.

I recently read PRJ but I honestly don't recall much about it. Must not have been that good. I did opt to keep it so I must have figured at the time I'd give it another shot.
    I wonder if that swipe at Spitzer was before or after the scandal broke out. Would be awesome if before.

I do remember a lot about PRJ. For some reason, I mostly remember only the very good and the very bad books, LOL. This one seems like a 12-year-old‘s idea of social criticism and being edgy: Corporations are bad? Check. Institutionalised religion is bad? Check. Science can be dangerous? Check. The media manipulate us? Check. And then let‘s make Jesus a punk, coz‘, you know, punk offends my parents. Yeah!!! Add to that some lazy and cringe-worthy writing and you‘re all set.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    That's really lame of DC... One of The IDW Phase 1 Transformers OHC collections has TF & Avengers team up mini in it.
    My understanding was that the the Batman/TMNT was not a part of IDW's current TMNT continuity. No one involved with the IDW run worked on the crossover. The IDW collections only collect issues related to the main IDW continuity. It would be out of place if they included it in the complete collections.

I received my deluxe edition hardcover copy of Letter 44 today. I didn't realize it was a Remender-size book. Sweet!

I received my deluxe edition hardcover copy of Letter 44 today. I didn't realize it was a Remender-size book. Sweet!
    I sold mine already. Not my cup of tea.

I sold mine already. Not my cup of tea.