Page 457 of 865 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507557 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SmilingPirate View Post
    Great haul, Roland!I hope the S.H.I.E.L.D. omnibus with Steranko cover?)
    Of course!

Any Canadians in here? Just curious as to where to buy stuff from because its not viable to buy books on American sites with the exchange rate the way it is and the shipping charges being so high and in some cases import charges. Is there any places online that makes it more viable as a Canadian to purchase from?

Fantastic Member

ummm...Amazon? I'm Canadian and afaict it's pretty much either Amazon or Chapters for online. Sadly, even their pricing has gone up recently reflective of the weak CDN $...but free shipping is nice and unlike some I've never had any big issues with Amazon shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    ummm...Amazon? I'm Canadian and afaict it's pretty much either Amazon or Chapters for online. Sadly, even their pricing has gone up recently reflective of the weak CDN $...but free shipping is nice and unlike some I've never had any big issues with Amazon shipping.
    I should have been more clear, I meant to say places other than amazon. My apologies

Fantastic Member

I don't know of any where we Canadians can order from that's really any better than the big 2 I mentioned...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    The preorder discounts are like 11%, but if you wait, within a week of their release date, prices drop dramatically. Eg: I picked up Crisis on Infinit Earths and Dark Knight Saga deluxes. They started out at 11% off, then dropped within a week of release and I picked them up for 37% off each. I believe that's their current discount price. It's cheeky, but most of their books are going through that pricing so I would just check back in a week instead of preordering.

Got The Golden Compass vol. 2 (in Dutch) today. Such an awesome book, loved the first volume! And some weeks ago I also got Aama 4 (in English), which is the final volume in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    New books. Speaking of "vortexes": Franquin was such a master of the medium.

still jealous of those Blake and Mortimer hc-s. I want these in hardcover and in a bigger format! Have to learn another language damn!
    Same with Spirou. Never read it but I know I should but it's also published in english by Cinebook in oversized tpb-s and that's the only option.

On the strip front: started reading Flash Gordon-The tyrant of Mongo and it's good but Dale is driving me crazy with her "I'm just a frail women oh Flash I'm nothing without you" thing. Hope that will stop soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    still jealous of those Blake and Mortimer hc-s. I want these in hardcover and in a bigger format! Have to learn another language damn!
    Same with Spirou. Never read it but I know I should but it's also published in english by Cinebook in oversized tpb-s and that's the only option.

On the strip front: started reading Flash Gordon-The tyrant of Mongo and it's good but Dale is driving me crazy with her "I'm just a frail women oh Flash I'm nothing without you" thing. Hope that will stop soon.
    What HCs? The German B&M books are softcover albums, like the English language ones (and just 2 or 3mm taller). I don't even think they're HC in French. Perhaps you think the one above is a hardcover book because of its thickness, but that is just due to it collecting all three parts of the "Secret of the Swordfish" - which again is an excellent thriller. So no need to not spend your hard earned money on another set of books

What HCs? The German B&M books are softcover albums, like the English language ones (and just 2 or 3mm taller). I don't even think they're HC in French. Perhaps you think the one above is a hardcover book because of its thickness, but that is just due to it collecting all three parts of the "Secret of the Swordfish" - which again is an excellent thriller. So no need to not spend your hard earned money on another set of books
    ah okay I thought it's hc. Maybe I'm confusing it with Buck Danny that you bought a few weeks ago? Was that hardcover?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    ah okay I thought it's hc. Maybe I'm confusing it with Buck Danny that you bought a few weeks ago? Was that hardcover?
    That was HC indeed, yes. We're lucky over here that publishers often translate the French "integrale" collections which usually collect three to four albums in hc with several pages of excellent editorial material (similar to what you find in the strip collections).

Incredible Member

New books. Speaking of "vortexes": Franquin was such a master of the medium.

That franquin book has my curiosity peaked. The distinctive Belgian art style is something I just love. Unfortunately I am not multilingual, if I were I would have some Johan and pewit collections for sure. What genre are those characters is it comedy or adventure or something else?
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    That franquin book has my curiosity peaked. The distinctive Belgian art style is something I just love. Unfortunately I am not multilingual, if I were I would have some Johan and pewit collections for sure. What genre are those characters is it comedy or adventure or something else?
    It's actually both: adventure and comedy (and very anarchic comedy as well, which I love). Cinebook has begun to publish Spirou & Fantasio in English, though artwise the best Franquin books have yet to be published by them.

Together with Herge and Uderzo, Franquin was one of the greatest Franco-Belgian artists before Moebius/Giraud and the other Metal Hurlant artists came along. Just do a quick google image search on him and you see why. I'm impatiently waiting for his complete Gaston collection which should arrive here next week.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 11-14-2015 at 03:43 PM.

Incredible Member

Latest. I had my nephew over the other day who is 8 and he was bored. And his mother asked me if I had any age appropriate comics to read. I realized I had very little. So I've decided that I should pick up some youth books. Hence trying out Courtney Crumrin.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Latest. I had my nephew over the other day who is 8 and he was bored. And his mother asked me if I had any age appropriate comics to read. I realized I had very little. So I've decided that I should pick up some youth books. Hence trying out Courtney Crumrin.
    I always tell people they should have a copy of Bone just for this situation.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor