Page 10 of 865 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110510 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Well, this thread and the ongoing 50% off sale at a nearby LCS has once again conspired to do damage to my credit card. This monstrosity is now mine...

$75 CDN. I just couldn't resist temptation as I doubt I'll ever find it for less.

...and OMG this book is outrageous! LOL. I get sorta giddy and light-headed just looking at it. Its a giant book, and none of that Marvel Omnibus thin wavy paper here - this is thick, heavy, lovely paper just like the Fear Agent books. Unbelievably nice!
    Is it true that the paper is as thick as the Fear Agent Library Editions? I avoided this book altogether because I was afraid they'd have to use that thin Marvel Omnibus type paper on a book with this pagecount.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Is it true that the paper is as thick as the Fear Agent Library Editions?
    It is. It's a thing to behold. And read.

Fantastic Member

Is it true that the paper is as thick as the Fear Agent Library Editions? I avoided this book altogether because I was afraid they'd have to use that thin Marvel Omnibus type paper on a book with this pagecount.
    If it isn't the same, it's very close. It's heavier than the paper in the older 1st print Marvel Omni's - by a fair margin. It's like Darkhorse said "let's put out a hardcover that truly suits the name Conan The Barbarian!"

Updated the first page with a little FAQ, some handy links and May hardcover solicitations. If you need me to add anything let me know. Where to shop is especially handy. Like where do you guys Down Under shop... I see some discount vouchers pop-up every now and then...

Spectacular Member

It's not the same stock used in Fear Agent, that's practically cardboard thickness, but it's way thicker than anything I've seen in any of my Marvel Omnibus (new or old) so even you might find it tough to criticise.

Fantastic Member

Yeah my first thought when I opened The Colossal C book was "holy hell I can't believe how heavy this paper is." I was expecting much thinner too...

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    I really need to read this, it's been sitting on my shelf for too long!
    I'm thinking exactly the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    It is. It's a thing to behold. And read.
    If it isn't the same, it's very close. It's heavier than the paper in the older 1st print Marvel Omni's - by a fair margin. It's like Darkhorse said "let's put out a hardcover that truly suits the name Conan The Barbarian!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    It's not the same stock used in Fear Agent, that's practically cardboard thickness, but it's way thicker than anything I've seen in any of my Marvel Omnibus (new or old) so even you might find it tough to criticise.
    Yeah my first thought when I opened The Colossal C book was "holy hell I can't believe how heavy this paper is." I was expecting much thinner too...
    This almost makes me want to reconsider buying this colossus. Now how easy/comfortable is it to read? Fear Agent wasn't too bad to read IIRC. And the Hellboy Library Editions are a joy to flop in my lap and read. Cap sounded like he wasn't pleased with his.

Fantastic Member

Well, I believe it weighs in at more than ten pounds, lol. It's a mammoth tome. I'm not sure it'd be too comfortable on the lap for extended periods. Otoh, I don't find the HBLEs that easy to read like that either. I generally open these books up on a table and read them. I don't mind that at all though. A reasonably comfy chair at a table with a gargantuan comic book on it in a well-lit room and I'm good to go.

This almost makes me want to reconsider buying this colossus. Now how easy/comfortable is it to read? Fear Agent wasn't too bad to read IIRC. And the Hellboy Library Editions are a joy to flop in my lap and read. Cap sounded like he wasn't pleased with his.
    I'm not a huge fan of tpbs but in this case I sold my Colossal Conan and am going to use the money to get the trades. It depends on how you like to read though. If you want to put it down on the kitchen table and don't mind being bent over it then I don't see it being a problem. That's not how I like to read and I honestly rarely even got the book off the shelf because there was always an easier book to pick up and read.

Knowing that I have a Colossal Conan at home to read motivates me in the gym.

Never heard of the Sixth Gun but after hearing everyone mention it on the boards I may have to check it out. I was also wondering if there is any news of Boom! releasing more definitive editions of Irredeemable. I've been waiting for more to come out, but it's looking like it never will.

BANNED

Between the pictures and this post, I'm sold. With all the money I'm saving by passing on many of Marvel's new crappy tissue-thin wavy paper books I can afford this. Fear agent was awesome and this will be next on my list. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Updated the first page with a little FAQ, some handy links and May hardcover solicitations. If you need me to add anything let me know. Where to shop is especially handy. Like where do you guys Down Under shop... I see some discount vouchers pop-up every now and then...
    Add or link to the information Kalitarix provided a couple pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    You can login on the old board with your original login/password. Then copy and paste, or edit posts and copy. Could always take screenshots and post as jpgs, if you want to save a lot of stuff.
    tnx, i wasn't able to login yesterday, but i can find all my threads now

Saga deluxe is on preorder discount if anyone is interested

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1632150786

btw. What are your thoughts on tracking down all user submitted images&videos from collected editions of interest, and linking them together in one place, to much work?
    Last edited by maeda; 05-03-2014 at 02:54 AM.