Page 855 of 865 FirstFirst ... 355755805845851852853854855856857858859 ... LastLast
Results 12,811 to 12,825 of 12974

Question for those with Kallax shelves from IKEA...

Obviously you cannot always fill an entire cube with books. I have a few cubes that have considerable free space. Does anyone use bookends/etc. to keep their books snug/from falling over?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

Obviously you cannot always fill an entire cube with books. I have a few cubes that have considerable free space. Does anyone use bookends/etc. to keep their books snug/from falling over?
    I use bookends for some. but mostly I actually do fill them out. I also use related soft toys and some figurines if appropriate, for example my James Bond cars are in boxes that I can use to bookend my James Bond books.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

I've often gotten the bug to shop for bookshelves. But I do have a walk in closet (with a door) with shelves that I've been storing books in so far, so then I think meh I'll just keep using that. Just need to trim my collection of 100s of TPBs to just the gems though to have a "true" bookcase worthy of perusing and running my fingers across the book spines

Incredible Member

Buy enough books to fill each cube two deep!

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I use bookends for some. but mostly I actually do fill them out. I also use related soft toys and some figurines if appropriate, for example my James Bond cars are in boxes that I can use to bookend my James Bond books.
    Thanks for the suggestion! I did end up with some simple book ends from Amazon and they seem to be doing the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Buy enough books to fill each cube two deep!
    HA! I am actually purging and narrowing down my collection, so this may work against my original goal

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Yeah, I have 4 Kallax shelves in my house and they're all filled to the brim. There are even books stacked horizontally across the top of most cubes. I've been trying to purge as well the past month or so, but all I end up doing is finding something I missed (how? no idea!) and running off to buy it and fill in the gap. *eyeroll*.

I've actually had dreams about my place burning down and having to choose which books get saved...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Yeah, I have 4 Kallax shelves in my house and they're all filled to the brim. There are even books stacked horizontally across the top of most cubes. I've been trying to purge as well the past month or so, but all I end up doing is finding something I missed (how? no idea!) and running off to buy it and fill in the gap. *eyeroll*.

I've actually had dreams about my place burning down and having to choose which books get saved...
    Oh my, I thought it was just me.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Amazing Member

Does anyone have the release date for the Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe: Deluxe Edition? I know it is this month but when?

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

I had been wanting to do another purge for a while now, but kept telling myself everything I owned I wanted. I looked through my collection again and picked out 2 cubes worth of books I knew I was never going to read again. So out they go!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No Good View Post
    Does anyone have the release date for the Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe: Deluxe Edition? I know it is this month but when?
    Next Tuesday the 9th.

Anyone purchase books from B&N recently?

I had to place an order with them for 2 trades since they seem to be OOP and IST & CGN do not have them in stock.

I have a few concerns...

1. Anyone ever have their orders canceled? Little nervous since they seem to be out of stock everywhere else.
    2. Has their packaging gotten any better? I remember seeing posts here about receiving damaged packages from them, which equals damaged books.

Fantagraphics are reprinting Segar's Popeye! Not those 6 hardcover volumes, but in paperback and separating the Sunday strips from the dailies. The first volume of Sundays comes out later this year.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Anyone purchase books from B&N recently?

I had to place an order with them for 2 trades since they seem to be OOP and IST & CGN do not have them in stock.

I have a few concerns...

1. Anyone ever have their orders canceled? Little nervous since they seem to be out of stock everywhere else.
    2. Has their packaging gotten any better? I remember seeing posts here about receiving damaged packages from them, which equals damaged books.
    I ordered from there for several years when they had the Buy2Get3 coupled with the Black Friday discount. They always had bad packaging. The last book I ordered from them, IIRC, was Shang-Chi Vol. 1 Omnibus and it came with a couple of dinged corners

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I ordered from there for several years when they had the Buy2Get3 coupled with the Black Friday discount. They always had bad packaging. The last book I ordered from them, IIRC, was Shang-Chi Vol. 1 Omnibus and it came with a couple of dinged corners
    Yup, both trades arrived damaged. I returned them to the store.

Luckily my store had copies of both in perfect condition (even though the website said they had 0 stock).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Fantagraphics are reprinting Segar's Popeye! Not those 6 hardcover volumes, but in paperback and separating the Sunday strips from the dailies. The first volume of Sundays comes out later this year.
    Where did you read that?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Yup, both trades arrived damaged. I returned them to the store.

Luckily my store had copies of both in perfect condition (even though the website said they had 0 stock).
    At least 60% of the books I ordered from them came damaged in some form or another. The only good side is that they gave me total refunds on some of the books and allowed me to keep them. On others, I received part refunds. I've never ordered from them again.