Page 233 of 865 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333733 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 12974

So I went with Essex County! I ALMOST bought Bone One Volume Collection, but the timing to delve into the series didn't feel right. Tough choice; Less of a discount, but I knew I wanted it 100%. Thanks for all the suggestions.

My latest haul:

Instead of buying things as they come out, I hold out for a while, and then when there's a bunch of stuff out, I pounce.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    You REALLY cant appreciate this from pictures, but it also seems to be affecting the binding.
    My LCS had a copy and I took a brief look. From what I could see, it was also bowed and the spine seemed a bit twisted. The top was twisting one way, the bottom the other, sort of like if you were wringing a towel. It was evident even from the brief glance I took of it. I think it's a matter of how big the book is, which is ridiculously big, and the material used which isn't anywhere near strong enough to deal with the heavy paper and size. Maybe humidity also had something to do with it. I assume if you leave it lying flat whenever you're not looking at it, it should be fine.

TFAW delivered the 2nd and 3rd Alien Legion Omnibus today. Dead & Buried is a pinch shorter than the first two Omnibus. Dead & Buried has different coloring than the original series. The original series has softer colors. Second post will have a brief comparison.

Comparison between the 1st and 2nd series coloring and art.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    So I went with Essex County! I ALMOST bought Bone One Volume Collection, but the timing to delve into the series didn't feel right. Tough choice; Less of a discount, but I knew I wanted it 100%. Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Great choice. Tell us what you think when you read it.

EDIT.

Metabarons will get a reprint.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Metabarons-H...rds=metabarons
    Last edited by lvizzz; 12-13-2014 at 02:24 AM.

Fantastic Member

Well I don't think we have heard about this yet have we?
    http://www.amazon.com/Five-Ghosts-De...465613&sr=1-13

Five Ghosts Deluxe Hardcover. June 16, 2015. Collects the first 12 issues and "tons of extras". 344 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Well I don't think we have heard about this yet have we?
    http://www.amazon.com/Five-Ghosts-De...465613&sr=1-13

Five Ghosts Deluxe Hardcover. June 16, 2015. Collects the first 12 issues and "tons of extras". 344 pages.

Yeeeeeeees!

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    My latest haul:

Instead of buying things as they come out, I hold out for a while, and then when there's a bunch of stuff out, I pounce.
    Great haul!
    Almost everything you bought is in my wishlist for Xmas!
    Could you post more pics of Superman unchained? I'd appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    My latest haul:

Damn. Wish I could find a deal on the Cap and FF omnis. But I'm not gonna spend 80€ (about $100) on either of those.

Speaking of recent hauls, here's mine:

Yes, I've never read Tintin before (didn't use to like ligne claire). But I've really enjoyed what I've read of those books above so far.

Haven't checked my ebay account for some time, just logged in and bidding for two Sin City Library editions which I've mentioned some time ago - link's been remowed as we are not supposed to use ebay links - went for 91 quid!!! What a steal, those two are worth around 400.

Finally received my CGN order. I'm surprised how nice the TPB of Underwater Welder is. I'm a little annoyed by a very tiny tear on the front cover, but it's not even worth the bother to worry about. To anyone who owns both this and Essex County; can I expect the same type of construction of Essex County?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Damn. Wish I could find a deal on the Cap and FF omnis. But I'm not gonna spend 80€ (about $100) on either of those.

Speaking of recent hauls, here's mine:

i assume you also own the previous volumes of Showa? would you recommend it to a Shigeru Mizuki fan or a to person interested in history and Japan? or both?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by No_Problem View Post
    (was going to post it just on Independents/Valiant post but perhaps more are interested)

Finally Valiant Deluxe Volume 2 starts to appear:

X-O Manowar Deluxe Edition Book 2 HC
    Collecting X-O Manowar #15-22 and UNITY #1-4

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/193...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

now just waiting for the rest of them
    Does this mean unity won't be getting its own deluxe edition? I hope not if it's being included with this stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    i assume you also own the previous volumes of Showa? would you recommend it to a Shigeru Mizuki fan or a to person interested in history and Japan? or both?
    Outside of Showa, I've only read his "Onward Towards Our Noble Deaths" (which deals with a similar subject matter), so I cannot comment on the appeal to a fan of Mizuki's work in general.

As to recommending it to a person interested in history and Japan? Hell yes! That's why I bought it to begin with and that's why I'll keep buying it (well, there's actually only one more volume to go anyway). Being a history teacher, I naturally love GNs that deal with history and so far Showa has provided a lot of insight into Japanese history for me, e.g. the rather unknown (here in the "West" at least) story about how Japan turned into this imperialistic Empire that kept large parts of Asia and the Pacific region under its heel for about a decade. There's also annotations at the back of each volume explaining who the people, organisations etc. involved are. Plus Mizuki himself lived through that period (and fought in WW II), which adds to the feeling of realism and reading it from a person who knows what he's talking about.