Page 606 of 865 FirstFirst ... 106506556596602603604605606607608609610616656706 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,090 of 12974
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    everyone is raving about it in the Omnibus collector FB group although someone here mentioned it that the book feels a bit cheap. It probably had a low print run and once it's gone it's gone and we will get a tpb edition later like with other Moore books.

100 euros might be a bit much though. I've preordered mine from Forbidden Planet 2 days before release day and it went on backorder but they just despatched it today and it was only 46.5 pounds.
    Wow, thanks for that! Just blindly put in an order as I've never purchased anything there before, and want to secure the price, we'll see if it ships.

Do you (or other mainland EU collectors) know what kind of shipping costs I'm looking at for Belgium? Around 7-8 pounds - or around 20? would still be less than the 100 EUR I was looking at earlier today...

damn that upper row is impressive! Donno what the right hand side one is but based on the cover it looks intriguing.
    That's El Cid by Hernandez Palacios, an amazing Spanish artist whose work is sadly not too well known or published outside of Spain. Just google "Palacios, El Cid" and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    That's El Cid by Hernandez Palacios, an amazing Spanish artist whose work is sadly not too well known or published outside of Spain. Just google "Palacios, El Cid" and you'll know what I'm talking about.
    this looks great! hopefully some day it gets published in english (in the not too distant future)

this looks great! hopefully some day it gets published in english (in the not too distant future)
    He also did two great western series: Manos Kelly and Mac Coy. The latter is regarded as one of the greats of Euro westerns, together with Hermann's Comanche, Harle/Dumont's Cartland or Derib's Buddy Longway.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    He also did two great western series: Manos Kelly and Mac Coy. The latter is regarded as one of the greats of Euro westerns, together with Hermann's Comanche, Harle/Dumont's Cartland or Derib's Buddy Longway.
    Can you show us some pics of the New Mutants Artist Edition? And where did you buy it from (you're from Germany, right?)?

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    Can you show us some pics of the New Mutants Artist Edition? And where did you buy it from (you're from Germany, right?)?
    It is not an Artist's edition as it does not feature the original art but reprint the colored version of the run. I hope I will be able to grab one of the original coloured art bookplate edition of this book.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Hi Ivizzz.
    I have received my bookplate edition today from Gosh! (ordered in June), but the bookplate was absent . I have contacted them but while I wait for a response, I would like to know if you still got your copy, in case they will not be able to fulfill their engagement.
    Gosh! will be able to send a replacement for the bookplate, I am relieved!

everyone is raving about it in the Omnibus collector FB group although someone here mentioned it that the book feels a bit cheap. It probably had a low print run and once it's gone it's gone and we will get a tpb edition later like with other Moore books.

100 euros might be a bit much though. I've preordered mine from Forbidden Planet 2 days before release day and it went on backorder but they just despatched it today and it was only 46.5 pounds.
    Yeah it is a bit cheap feeling. My copy from Reed Comics turned up the other day and I was a little disappointed by the build thankfully the story looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Yeah it is a bit cheap feeling. My copy from Reed Comics turned up the other day and I was a little disappointed by the build thankfully the story looks amazing.
    btw there is a paperback version listed on the Forbidden Planet website for preorder. So if it feels that cheap basically wait like 6 months, buy the tpb and flip the hc on ebay for 5billion+a kidney (I think that's what the SiP hc set sold for last time I checked).

btw there is a paperback version listed on the Forbidden Planet website for preorder. So if it feels that cheap basically wait like 6 months, buy the tpb and flip the hc on ebay for 5billion+a kidney (I think that's what the SiP hc set sold for last time I checked).
    Yeah I might do that should be worth a fair bit!

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    Sorry for only replying so late. Busy couple of days. As Balakin said, it's not an AE but an oversized (about 2 cm taller than a DC Absolute) collection of a particular artist's run on a series. I got mine from a shop near Dortmund. I always order AEs, GEs and such from them.

Here are some photos, starting with the book in its dj next to the slipcase, which is clothbound.

The book without dj (also clothbound):

The signature page:

Some artwork, beginning with Sienkiewicz's first ever NM page. Right away you knew something extraordinary was going to happen to this title:

Artwork from the 2003 X-Men Unlimited issue:

The colour separation keys found in a pocket at the back of the book:

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

That's really awesome, but I have to believe we'll get an omnibus someday and that's how I'd prefer to have this. Right NOW I'm jealous, though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    That's really awesome, but I have to believe we'll get an omnibus someday and that's how I'd prefer to have this. Right NOW I'm jealous, though.
    I almost said the exact same thing. I mulled over pre-ordering this, going back and forth and then felt that I really wanted the issues leading up to it (all in same format) as well.

But, at this very moment . . .I'm feeling a little envious.