Page 301 of 865 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351401801 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I am really interested in these books. I just started Metabarons and its stunning. Vulgar, violent, and ridiculous, it surprisingly reminds me of the New Gods with cute robots instead of Don Rickles.
    Yeah it's great. I remember when I first read it, I was like, I've never read anything like this! That said, after reading Metabarons, Weapons of the Metabarons and Castaka, it starts to get repetitive. Still great though!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I am really interested in these books. I just started Metabarons and its stunning. Vulgar, violent, and ridiculous, it surprisingly reminds me of the New Gods with cute robots instead of Don Rickles.
    what a great, concise summary! and, i love these books too. i started with the incal and have since upgraded to the coffee table sized individual books. then dove into metabarons and castaka, then the final incal, when that slipcase was released. i still need to grab before the incal and weapons of the metabaron.

need to find time very soon to dive into to technopriests, i did a quick flip through and it looks great.
    formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Latest. I finally have the Metabarons oversized slipcase edition thanks to Johnny P. Sartre! I hope you spent those funds on something sweet!
    nice on that metabarons slipcase!!!

and i hope you enjoy legend of the scarlet blades, i absolutely loved the artwork.
    formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    But Metabarons have been reprinted recently, already OOP?
    the cheapest option is £28 pounds now on amazon.it. Speedyhen had it for £20 which is a really nice price and I would grab it right away if it wouldn' be out of stock

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    the cheapest option is £28 pounds now on amazon.it. Speedyhen had it for £20 which is a really nice price and I would grab it right away if it wouldn' be out of stock
    I pre ordered with speedy hen for this price, mine hasn't been dispatched and it's showing as out of stock. Pay a bit more and get it from elsewhere if you really want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I pre ordered with speedy hen for this price, mine hasn't been dispatched and it's showing as out of stock. Pay a bit more and get it from elsewhere if you really want it.
    well, 28 compared to 20 is not a little more, at least for me.

well, 28 compared to 20 is not a little more, at least for me.
    Yes but £28 is a lot less than the book will be going for when it's out of print and speedy hen (probably) have failed to send your order. Like I said I pre ordered with them, the book was released 6 weeks ago and it still hasn't been dispatched, doesn't look good and it certainly isnt the first time this has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Yes but £28 is a lot less than the book will be going for when it's out of print and speedy hen (probably) have failed to send your order. Like I said I pre ordered with them, the book was released 6 weeks ago and it still hasn't been dispatched, doesn't look good and it certainly isnt the first time this has happened.
    oh yeah I know I think you told me about speedyhen's shenanigens a week or two ago. Strangely my oos/oos preorder orders always been despatched (Busiek Avengers omni was the latest). Not that I'm complaining.
    Of course you are right but I'm in no hurry to read this book, since Incal I'm kinda hesitant with Jodorovsky, so maybe a less "pricey" book would be better (although AFAIK this is his best work).

oh yeah I know I think you told me about speedyhen's shenanigens a week or two ago. Strangely my oos/oos preorder orders always been despatched (Busiek Avengers omni was the latest). Not that I'm complaining.
    Of course you are right but I'm in no hurry to read this book, since Incal I'm kinda hesitant with Jodorovsky, so maybe a less "pricey" book would be better (although AFAIK this is his best work).
    Yeah of course it is up to you, your money. I would just add that generally I do eventually get Marvel books from them, the only other humanoids book I pre ordered from them was Final Incal which they cancelled about 3 weeks after the release of the book giving no reason. I'm not sure about the busiek avengers as I have the ohc's but I do like Omni's and I guess it'll go oop fast.

I have the Metabarons, Technopriest, Before The Incal and Final Incal slipcase editions...but I can not for the life of me find the original Incal slipcase edition. When it does appear on ebay it's usually over $500. If anyone knows where I can get it, or has it and wants to sell, please pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    I have the Metabarons, Technopriest, Before The Incal and Final Incal slipcase editions...but I can not for the life of me find the original Incal slipcase edition. When it does appear on ebay it's usually over $500. If anyone knows where I can get it, or has it and wants to sell, please pm me.
    Yeah everyone wants it. There is no secret place where they have them stacked up for cover price. You might want to go for the coffee table sized books. They cost less than the slipcase edition and the art looks stunning in the format!

Are speedyhen not that good for preorders? For things I really want (Hawkeye, powers and cap America winter soldier Omni's) should I preorders from forbidden planet, pay more but guarantee it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Are speedyhen not that good for preorders? For things I really want (Hawkeye, powers and cap America winter soldier Omni's) should I preorders from forbidden planet, pay more but guarantee it?
    just scroll a bit up. Rich had some troubles with them but they fulfilled all of my orders so far. I think they are good for popular stuff which gets printed in large numbers but smaller publisher books like Humanoids can be problematic.

just scroll a bit up. Rich had some troubles with them but they fulfilled all of my orders so far. I think they are good for popular stuff which gets printed in large numbers but smaller publisher books like Humanoids can be problematic.
    Cheers, will leave orders as they are for now then

Yeah from my personal history you'll probably get more popular (Marvel/DC) stuff eventually but may have to wait several weeks after release. I would add though that their packaging is hit or miss, sometimes I have received Omni's well packed in a box from them but other times in wrap around cardboard sleeves resulting in damaged books.

I would describe their overall service as very inconsistent.