Page 598 of 865 FirstFirst ... 98498548588594595596597598599600601602608648698 ... LastLast
Results 8,956 to 8,970 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I think I missed the boat on the Rachel Rising Omni. Got home from work yesterday and put it on my wish list at IST and it was still in stock. Fully talked myself into ordering it due to all the praise it continually gets here, and went to place my order after I put my son to bed......OOS, Amazon OOS, CGN OOS. Hope the people who were really really stoked on this one got a copy.
    It was OOS on IST and CGN earlier last week. They then both recieved more stock and now sold out again. I suppose there is a chance that they could get more but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Last edited by sho nuff; 08-31-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I think I missed the boat on the Rachel Rising Omni. Got home from work yesterday and put it on my wish list at IST and it was still in stock. Fully talked myself into ordering it due to all the praise it continually gets here, and went to place my order after I put my son to bed......OOS, Amazon OOS, CGN OOS. Hope the people who were really really stoked on this one got a copy.
    I just got extremely lucky by searching ebay everyday and finally found a new listing of one sealed copy of Rachel Rising for $80. It had about 15 people watching and I knew it would be gone by tomorrow, so I took no chances and bought it. It's really crazy that its only been a month and there are no copies anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kp404 View Post
    I just got extremely lucky by searching ebay everyday and finally found a new listing of one sealed copy of Rachel Rising for $80. It had about 15 people watching and I knew it would be gone by tomorrow, so I took no chances and bought it. It's really crazy that its only been a month and there are no copies anywhere.
    I think I could have bought it for 60 quid but decided to wait until it shows up in the UK. Not sure if that will happen now, Forbidden Planet said it can take 3-5 weeks to fulfil my preorder which isn't too promising.
    On the other hand they might do a reprint since it's so successful. If not there is a really big chance for a tpb omnibus, they did the same with Echo and SiP.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think I could have bought it for 60 quid but decided to wait until it shows up in the UK. Not sure if that will happen now, Forbidden Planet said it can take 3-5 weeks to fulfil my preorder which isn't too promising.
    On the other hand they might do a reprint since it's so successful. If not there is a really big chance for a tpb omnibus, they did the same with Echo and SiP.
    Yea at the rate of its sellout, I wouldn't be surprised if a second printing is around the corner.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kp404 View Post
    Yea at the rate of its sellout, I wouldn't be surprised if a second printing is around the corner.
    I hope the enthusiasm for the RR hardcover will lead to a SiP hardcover omnibus. The original batch were all damaged in production and nevertheless are extremely expensive on the secondary market.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    I hope the enthusiasm for the RR hardcover will lead to a SiP hardcover omnibus. The original batch were all damaged in production and nevertheless are extremely expensive on the secondary market.
    were they damaged? The only thing I've seen about them is that the Belgian customs office took one apart so AS won't ship to Belgium anymore but that's it.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

were they damaged? The only thing I've seen about them is that the Belgian customs office took one apart so AS won't ship to Belgium anymore but that's it.
    Every set I ever see on eBay, etc. is a bit damaged. The cover of the two volumes stuck-together inside the slipcase and caused portions of the exterior laminate to peel away. I'd still LOVE to have a set, but I'm not paying $600-$1000 for it. To clarify, I'm referring to the rare hardcover set with the extra cover gallery book, not the softcover slipcase (which is probably what I'll end up buying).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    The Bendis Sam and Twitch was excellent. Lot of twists and turns and made these two minor characters big players. Really cool twists and turns along the way.

I am not a fan of Spawn or at least the writing so take it for what it is. Our opinions might differ on Sam and Twitch. It's very different from Spawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremageddon View Post
    It's funny you ask that. I've actually never read them. I saw them in another members collection, and asked about them just yesterday.
    Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll reintroduce myself to Spawn before branching out. That's plenty to read for now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    I gave up on that and bought the softcover slipcase when it came out.

Small update to August's haul. Bought it at Gosh when McCarthy was signing his books. Last one on shelf, been on my list for months, and I have limited print with it. Super crazy story, great art from Frazer, although I think his work on Judge Dredd is much better.

New purchases this past month:

How's Demon by Ennis? Would you let me know when you finish reading?

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    How's Demon by Ennis? Would you let me know when you finish reading?
    I've read the first volume, it was a bit hard to get into it for me, bit too crazy whacky, both story and art but you would probably like it more than me (got vol2 though cause it was good over all and it got even better as it went on).
    Have to confess though, based on this I don't really get the love for Hitman.

Great find with Annihilator btw. I liked the book but felt like Morrison just rehashed some of his old ideas. Nameless felt more original (but harder to decipher).

Also, great haul LordJ, as usual it gives me some ideas. Namely to finally start reading Dick Tracy since I have 2 volumes already. Also interested in your opinion about Buzz sawyer. I liked Captain Easy and this seems a bit more serious than that which I prefer. (and last time I checked the first 2 volumes weren't that expensive).

BANNED

Great haul LordJulius.

May be i should get the ennis demon too... i'm not sure yet though.

I've read the first volume, it was a bit hard to get into it for me, bit too crazy whacky, both story and art but you would probably like it more than me (got vol2 though cause it was good over all and it got even better as it went on).
    Have to confess though, based on this I don't really get the love for Hitman.

Great find with Annihilator btw. I liked the book but felt like Morrison just rehashed some of his old ideas. Nameless felt more original (but harder to decipher).

Also, great haul LordJ, as usual it gives me some ideas. Namely to finally start reading Dick Tracy since I have 2 volumes already. Also interested in your opinion about Buzz sawyer. I liked Captain Easy and this seems a bit more serious than that which I prefer. (and last time I checked the first 2 volumes weren't that expensive).
    I enjoyed the first volume of The Demon alright, but the second one somewhat less. Overall I expected much, much more from this. Even though Tommy Monaghan appears in this, it's nowhere near as good as Ennis' Hitman series.

Buz Sawyer is great. If you like Steve Canyon, you'll enjoy this. Same goes for Johnny Hazard, if you can find it for a decent price.