Page 756 of 865 FirstFirst ... 256656706746752753754755756757758759760766806856 ... LastLast
Results 11,326 to 11,340 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Theyre available in pretty much all major bookstores. Theyre illustrated editions. Just two out so far.
    three, actually. released every October. love them, have them.

Latest and last for this year:

Can't recommend "Long John Silver" enough. One of the best books I've read this year.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post

Can't recommend "Long John Silver" enough. One of the best books I've read this year.
    Awesome haul and I agree that Long John Silver is really good! I've been eyeing Durango for a while, hopefully I'll be able to buy the Integrales soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post

I think this is the first time I've seen the Goddamned, didn't know it's this large.
    Just looked up Long John Silver and seems like Cinebook published it in English in 4 oversized paperback volumes (doesn't seem to be more). Is that the whole story? Could you give us a short sales pitch on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think this is the first time I've seen the Goddamned, didn't know it's this large.
    Just looked up Long John Silver and seems like Cinebook published it in English in 4 oversized paperback volumes (doesn't seem to be more). Is that the whole story? Could you give us a short sales pitch on it?
    That's the whole story, yes.

LJS could be read as a sequel to Stevenson's Treasure Island, if the introduction didn't explicitly say it isn't a sequel but rather a hommage. It has pirates, the legend of El Dorado, tragedy, surprising twists, high-stakes adventure, well-fleshed out and complex characters and so on and so forth. But most importantly it is an excellently written adventure yarn. And if that doesn't convince you, do a Google image search on "Lauffray, Long John Silver" (most of the first results are b&w versions of the artwork but the book is in colour, as other results show).

Oh, and I could see this being turned into a major motion picture at some point. And if somebody decent would take care of it, it would blow Pirates of the Caribbean out of the water (sorry for the pun).

About The Goddamned: apparently Image decided to publish it at European album (or Remender) size. Not a bad choice, I must say.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 12-23-2017 at 03:55 PM.

@ QComix: If you like Western, you should get it. It's not Blueberry (what is?) but it's still great. To Blueberry it is perhaps what Corbucci is to Sergio Leone.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 12-23-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Yeah I've googled it when I was looking for the English version and I think I was convinced before you convinced me again

Yeah I've googled it when I was looking for the English version and I think I was convinced before you convinced me again
    It's one of my favorite eurocomics regarding to Pirates. There's another series, but I don't think they translated it allready, that's called (my translation) The pirates of Barataria (I don't know if this is tge correct English name?). This one I love also.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    It's one of my favorite eurocomics regarding to Pirates. There's another series, but I don't think they translated it allready, that's called (my translation) The pirates of Barataria (I don't know if this is tge correct English name?). This one I love also.
    the only pirate comic I've read was the one in Watchmen Didn't even know that's a whole sub genre (well there is One piece but that's not the most traditional)

Bit of an advice needed regarding Spawn!

Got a Spawn statue/figure for Christmas from a friend (she got it as a stocking filler cause it was cheap and it actually looks pretty cool) so I feel like I should read some Spawn but my only encounter with the title was the first 20ish issues in the 90s and I would rather not read those again.

So any advice on a good run or jumping on point?

Merry Christmas to you all btw!

Got a Spawn statue/figure for Christmas from a friend (she got it as a stocking filler cause it was cheap and it actually looks pretty cool) so I feel like I should read some Spawn but my only encounter with the title was the first 20ish issues in the 90s and I would rather not read those again.

Seconding this. I wanna read Spawn and Hellboy but would like someone with experience to tell me where.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Seconding this. I wanna read Spawn and Hellboy but would like someone with experience to tell me where.
    oh Hellboy is easy, Library editions vol 1 to 6 then Hellboy in hell Library edition. Or wait for the new paperback omnibuses if you want his life in chronological order (I always prefer publication order and the LEs are really pretty books).
    BPRD you can start I think after the 1st Hellboy LE and just pick up the Plague of Frogs chunky trades then the 1946-48hc and the HEll on Earth stuff is just about to come out in hcs.
    But you can read both HEllboy and BPRD separately thy aren't interacting, they have some references but nothing that isn't explained.

I can't help you with Spawn. But I really liked Sam and Twitch. Since they are a spin-off from Spawn does that count?

Show! Show! Show!

Oh, and Merry Christmas
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Show! Show! Show!

Oh, and Merry Christmas
    so these are all the presents I got from her (she is my best friend and my ex that's why she bought me so much stuff)
    https://imgur.com/1lJC405