Page 601 of 865 FirstFirst ... 101501551591597598599600601602603604605611651701 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Of that list, I would remove Green Arrow (it's pretty good, but places in comparison to other books on the list), Star Wars: Shattered Empire (it's not good), Batman: The Golden Age (I found the stories almost unreadable), Spider-Man Omnibus, Dark Tower, 52, and Nameless (it's bad).

I assume you read the first volume of DMZ as you only want volumes 2-5. You can decide if you want to keep reading it or not based on that.

I would go Lazarus 1-2, East of West, Absolute Watchmen, and the first Absolute Sandman. That might be a little over $150 on instock though.
    52 "bad"??! 52 is incredible, and pretty much everyone loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    OK, cool. I don't mind a slow burn but I did not like Moore's Strangers in Paradise although I suspect this is much different.
    Yeah I didn't like SiP either (but i was a lot younger when I read it) but this was very different and very riveting.

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    I need help making a decision.

I can pick up $150 in books this Friday.

Here's my wish list only OHC's keeps my choices and spending to a minimum this way.

Scalped 1-5
    DMZ 2-5
    Lazarus 1-2
    East of West
    Deadly Class
    Black Science
    Walking Dead 2-6 Omnibus
    Nameless
    Nailbiter
    Spider-Man McFarlane Omnibus
    52 Omnibus
    Dark Tower Omnibus
    Batman Golden Age Vol 2
    Star Wars Shattered Empire
    Sleeper Omnibus
    Green Arrow by Lemiere
    Absolute Sandman 1-5
    Absolute Watchmen

I can't decide

I'd go with:

Scalped 1-5
    Nailbiter
    Sleeper Omnibus
    Absolute Sandman 1-5

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    DMZ or Scalped !
    Scalped.
    DMZ starts off great and then really gets silly. It does, however, turn around toward the end. Scapled (so far for me) has remained strong the whole way through.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Scalped.
    DMZ starts off great and then really gets silly. It does, however, turn around toward the end. Scapled (so far for me) has remained strong the whole way through.
    I think I need to give scalped a go, I had the first DMZ hc but I sold it as it bored me to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I think I need to give scalped a go, I had the first DMZ hc but I sold it as it bored me to be honest
    it's really good, if you didn't want to pick it up based on Aaron's Marvel books, don't worry, it's completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it's really good, if you didn't want to pick it up based on Aaron's Marvel books, don't worry, it's completely different.
    As of now I only have 2 books on order, due to a large backlog and an impending house move, Locke & Key Master edition 3 and fight club LE but I may put scalped in my speedyhen basket to order when moved.

Oh and just finished Ivar, Timewalker, my new favourite Valiant book

Also.... I'm thinking of re-buying Lucifer as I sold the trades (and floppies) a while ago, have DC re-released these as big, hellblazer sized trades?
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 09-07-2016 at 03:05 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Also.... I'm thinking of re-buying Lucifer as I sold the trades (and floppies) a while ago, have DC re-released these as big, hellblazer sized trades?
    Yep, Five volumes starting here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lucifer-Boo...dp/1401240267/

IST now also has the Rachel Rising omnibus back in stock.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    So are there only 3 omnibus collections(or just collections in general really) of the classic/original Valiant comics? Anyone know if more are planned?
    None have yet been announced. I suspect they will do more though. Ninjak, Eternal Warrior and Dr. Mirage are all ones they can do where there are no legal issues so I expect those at some point.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Question for Artist/Gallery edition (or just books of that size like the Hal Foster Tarzans) owners: what is the cheapest but most secure option to display these books?
    Like I want to put them on top of my shelves so I guess some type of painting stand maybe? But with what dimensions?

Advises are, as always, greatly appreciated.

Mighty Member

I have a couple prints i stand on the top of my shelf about those size. You can use frame/art stands that you can find at arts and crafts stores. They have a wide range of sizes and durability (for the heavier stuff). I think i only paid like $4 a piece for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    None have yet been announced. I suspect they will do more though. Ninjak, Eternal Warrior and Dr. Mirage are all ones they can do where there are no legal issues so I expect those at some point.
    I hope they finish the XO run and collect some Bloodshot too.

And yeah, with the legal issues, I doubt we'll see the Acclaim side ever reprinted

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I have a couple prints i stand on the top of my shelf about those size. You can use frame/art stands that you can find at arts and crafts stores. They have a wide range of sizes and durability (for the heavier stuff). I think i only paid like $4 a piece for mine.
    thanks. I will have to look for stands next time I'm going to town, I've only seen them with the canvases but I wasn't specifically looking for them at that time.

Yup. I use an easel as well: