Page 578 of 865 FirstFirst ... 78478528568574575576577578579580581582588628678 ... LastLast
Results 8,656 to 8,670 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Don't know about that, Avatar doesn't seem to produce omnis/absolute size books, although they have stated regarding this Providence Act1: This edition will not be reprinted, there will not be a softcover edition, and this material will not be printed again until the complete collection is available in the far distant future.
    They're doing the same for Cinema Purgatorio, stating that they won't have anything collected until 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Don't know about that, Avatar doesn't seem to produce omnis/absolute size books, although they have stated regarding this Providence Act1: This edition will not be reprinted, there will not be a softcover edition, and this material will not be printed again until the complete collection is available in the far distant future.
    Yeah. Although im getting it in singles anyway and was planning on binding them into a HC.
    But now I might just sell em off and wait for the Avatar collection.

Either way i hate thin HCs. ;P

Got these ones in the past couple of weeks:

Spectacular Member

Hey everyone, any opinions on Hack/Slash? I see a very enticing price of Cheap-Comics for the whole series, so am trying to learn a bit more about it.

from what I read it's a horror b-movie type thing, but I'm wondering if it doesn't get hold after 1000+ pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Hey everyone, any opinions on Hack/Slash? I see a very enticing price of Cheap-Comics for the whole series, so am trying to learn a bit more about it.

from what I read it's a horror b-movie type thing, but I'm wondering if it doesn't get hold after 1000+ pages.
    I found it got old after about 10 pages to be honest

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I found it got old after about 10 pages to be honest
    Wow that's pretty strong thanks, though!

I'll see if I can find some more info, but perhaps I'll steer clear - it's not like I don't have anything on my wishlist.

Wow that's pretty strong thanks, though!

I'll see if I can find some more info, but perhaps I'll steer clear - it's not like I don't have anything on my wishlist.
    It is one of those books I'm ummed and arred about for a while. It might be worth picking up a comxiology trade/bundle and testing the water first.

Mighty Member

It's definitely a very niche type genre. If those sort of themes entertain you in other formats its worth a shot. I found the main players pretty likable, and even though its basically mini series/specials early on it does a nice job building some long term plot threads that continue through to the main series'

Just finished James Bond in Vargr by Warren Ellis, I loved it, I'm a modern James Bond fan (movie-wise) but I thought this was excellent, excellent story, art, main villain, henchmen (women) only problem was it was too short, if you have a passing interest in JB or a good story, get it, Warren Ellis top notch again.

(Now if only they adapted this story for the next film)

/\ Whats your opinion on the HC?

I was planning on eventually binding all of the issues into a collection (or two...) but if the Dynamite HCs are nice enough I might just get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post

I was planning on eventually binding all of the issues into a collection (or two...) but if the Dynamite HCs are nice enough I might just get them.
    got mine 2 days agoe, tried to flip through it but it's a mousetrap. Standard thin hc quality I would say. Good enough.

Unfortunately standard nowadays quality - not the best

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    got mine 2 days agoe, tried to flip through it but it's a mousetrap. Standard thin hc quality I would say. Good enough.
    Dynamite hcs are like dc regular harcovers sans the black cardboard covers. Serviceable as a hardcover, but not an excellent quality one.

Hmm. Probably pass them. Ill keep getting the issue with the intention to bind - and maybe hold out a slim hope of a more prestegeous format down the line.

Thanks y'all!

Hmm. Probably pass them. Ill keep getting the issue with the intention to bind - and maybe hold out a slim hope of a more prestegeous format down the line.

Thanks y'all!
    based on previous Dynamite releases I see a decline in sales since Dynamite doesn't promote anything that's not a #1 or volume 1, so we will see probably another hc then paperbacks especially if Ellis leaves the series then maybe a complete paperback.
    Hope I will be wrong.
    But you can tell I have some problems with Dynamite's publishing tactics.