Page 865 of 865 FirstFirst ... 365765815855861862863864865
Results 12,961 to 12,974 of 12974
    Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Stray Bullets feels the most real of the crime comics, there is something about the storytelling, they don’t look like characters, ready for a close up. The first volume of Sunshine and Roses didn’t disappoint. I am going to get the rest.

Astonishing Member

I am thinking about selling my singles and build TPB or Omnibi collection of X-Men and Spider-Man.

In color, so the essential collections are not in my favor.

now, I noticed, its almost impossible to achieve that. Spectacular, Web of and Spider-Man are not available in collected editions. Amazing Spider-Man is in the Epic collections, and contains some of the satellite Spider-Man titles, but thats it. Spider_Man Team up isn't collected in its entirety.

The Masterworks HC are very expensive. Then there are the Mighty Marvel Masterworks. Is there a reason not to buy them?

Does anyone know if Marvel collects only Amazing in the Epic Line?

Many questions...any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I am thinking about selling my singles and build TPB or Omnibi collection of X-Men and Spider-Man.

In color, so the essential collections are not in my favor.

now, I noticed, its almost impossible to achieve that. Spectacular, Web of and Spider-Man are not available in collected editions. Amazing Spider-Man is in the Epic collections, and contains some of the satellite Spider-Man titles, but thats it. Spider_Man Team up isn't collected in its entirety.

The Masterworks HC are very expensive. Then there are the Mighty Marvel Masterworks. Is there a reason not to buy them?

Does anyone know if Marvel collects only Amazing in the Epic Line?

Many questions...any idea?
    I was also excited when I first heard about Mighty Marvel Masterworks. Then I saw the size. They are really meant to be an introduction to classic stories in a manga size.

Not the way I want to read my comics.

I have kept my singles(so that was my idea).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post
    I was also excited when I first heard about Mighty Marvel Masterworks. Then I saw the size. They are really meant to be an introduction to classic stories in a manga size.

Not the way I want to read my comics.

I have kept my singles(so that was my idea).
    You are probably right with the Mighty Masterworks, but I would go for it, if I know Marvel would continue with them.

The thing is with the singles...I am not able to complete them due to the lack of money. Amazing Fantasy 15 is pretty expensive ;-)

My singles collection starts at the end of the 80´s and everything before that is invaluable.

I've been reading the latest print of Powers from Dark Horse in paperback and I was wondering if anyone knew if this is the same quality/size/binding etc as the Black Hammer and Hellboy omnibuses? I'm looking at buying Black Hammer and Hellboy in omnibus form rather than the library editions and wondered if they're the same as the Powers books.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

All-New Member

Has the Atlas Comics Library from Fantagraphics been discussed/brought up here? I just stumbled across them a couple of days ago. I pre-ordered Venus, having bought the Masterworks volume a few years ago thinking it contained the horror stories.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=atlas+com...f=nb_sb_noss_2

Quote Originally Posted by kdu2814 View Post
    Has the Atlas Comics Library from Fantagraphics been discussed/brought up here? I just stumbled across them a couple of days ago. I pre-ordered Venus, having bought the Masterworks volume a few years ago thinking it contained the horror stories.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=atlas+com...f=nb_sb_noss_2
    Yes, they are a nice set and the editor has promised that they will feature new stories not already printed in the Masterworks editions.
    Hail Hydra!

Just preordered the three Black Science 10th Anniversary Deluxe Hardcovers!
    I also preordered the two Fear Agent Deluxe volumes a while ago. The end of this year's gonna involve some heavy sci-fi and messed up personality reading.
    Last edited by nx01a; 08-16-2023 at 08:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Just preordered the three Black Science 10th Anniversary Deluxe Hardcovers!
    I also preordered the two Fear Agent Deluxe volumes a while ago. The end of this year's gonna involve some heavy sci-fi and messed up personality reading.
    I have the originals, great reads. Have fun!

Incredible Member

(never mind)
    Last edited by newparisian; 08-22-2023 at 09:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Thoughts on Captain Action? I'm on the fence. The talent involved sounds promising.
    Captain Action is back in Action! The world’s first action figure, Captain Action burst onto the scene just as the ‘60s superhero craze was heating up. This volume lovingly celebrates the timeless tales from the Silver Age by top talents like Gil Kane, Wally Wood, and Jim Shooter, re-presented for the first time ever since they were first published nearly half a century ago. Also featuring Action Boy, Khem, The Silver Streak, and the fearsome Doctor Evil. All five of the original issues are here, along with some unexpected treasures!
    CapAction.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Not the omni but look at the first rom reprint.

Last edited by Gaastra; 09-20-2023 at 05:38 PM.

Reason it took so long to release marvel age is marvel got the ok to keep the non owned stuff! Transformersw, gijoe, rom, micronouts, he-man, thundercats, dr who, us1, dreadstar, starriors, fraggle rock, heathcliff, madballs, tarzan, conan, red sonja, kull, rock and rule, etc. All in!

They even still have the jla vs avengers marvel and dc story in!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Marvel Age is a hard pass for me.
    It'll have to end up 70/80% off like Excalibur vol.2 for me to consider it at all.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime