Page 796 of 865 FirstFirst ... 296696746786792793794795796797798799800806846 ... LastLast
Results 11,926 to 11,940 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    ummm, nope, sorry. You will need Death of the family, Court of owls and at least the N52 portion of Batman INC (because of how it ends).
    That's my main gripe with this series, it's really continuity heavy.
    Ok, then I won't go for that.

I have the Gotham City sirens omnibus but haven't read it yet. Read like half the series when it was coming out and I remember enjoying it. But this is the only HQ book that will be on my shelf because I really can't stand the character (it still annoys me that they've slapped her name on the cover).
    I have never read anything about her. I would like to try something from DC, any suggestions?

(it still annoys me that they've slapped her name on the cover).
    +1

10char

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Ok, then I won't go for that.
    You could go for the 3 I've mentioned though and then B&R. Snyder's Batman is a fan favourite and Morrison's INC is very good (I prefer INC and actually don't really care for Snyder's but that's just me, I'm in a minority).

You could go for the 3 I've mentioned though and then B&R. Snyder's Batman is a fan favourite and Morrison's INC is very good (I prefer INC and actually don't really care for Snyder's but that's just me, I'm in a minority).
    I don't want to have to read all the old stuff first. Just something where I can start or that I can read as a stand alone. Maybe the Flash from Manapul or Grayson. I don't know what's good?

I don't want to have to read all the old stuff first. Just something where I can start or that I can read as a stand alone. Maybe the Flash from Manapul or Grayson. I don't know what's good?
    They are not old. The Snyder run started in 2011 with the N52. Morrison's Batman was going for years and Batman Incorporated was the last instalment of it and it ended around like 2012 I think? They ran parallel with Tomasi's B&R with the ending of INC actively screwing up the story developing in B&R (cause Morrison doesn't really give a hoot apparently).

You maybe thinking of Death in the family, which is from the 80s but the 2nd story in Snyder's run is Death of the family. Similar title but very different story.

They are not old. The Snyder run started in 2011 with the N52. Morrison's Batman was going for years and Batman Incorporated was the last instalment of it and it ended around like 2012 I think? They ran parallel with Tomasi's B&R with the ending of INC actively screwing up the story developing in B&R (cause Morrison doesn't really give a hoot apparently).

You maybe thinking of Death in the family, which is from the 80s but the 2nd story in Snyder's run is Death of the family. Similar title but very different story.
    Ok. I understand.

But what can I read, not being Batman or Superman, that's easy to start with?

Ok. I understand.

But what can I read, not being Batman or Superman, that's easy to start with?
    ah ok sorry I had this idea that you thought these are old because "Death of" and "Death in" are easy to confuse.

Not sure how far you want to go back, I think Morrison's JLA is a very good start but Howard Porter's art can be a bit rough for some.
    I'm kinda behind on modern DC but John's Aquaman is a good run for newbies IIRC.
    When I started reading DC I really liked Johns' Flash and GL. Flash starts a bit slow but when it gets going it really gets going. His GL is basically the definitive run for many, epic space opera. I also highly enjoyed his JSA too.

And now I've realised that the stories that I like and are close to continuity are mostly from Johns. Anything else is kind of its own little nugget, like : All star superman or for all seasons, Batgirl/Robin year one, Trinity (from Wagner) etc or some really continuity heavy stuff like 52 or Secret six.
    I mean Secret six is it's own thing but it starts in Infinite crisis. It might be easy to follow though, I still need to reread it (might make it my next read, it was a while ago but I absolutely loved that series).

ah ok sorry I had this idea that you thought these are old because "Death of" and "Death in" are easy to confuse.

Not sure how far you want to go back, I think Morrison's JLA is a very good start but Howard Porter's art can be a bit rough for some.
    I'm kinda behind on modern DC but John's Aquaman is a good run for newbies IIRC.
    When I started reading DC I really liked Johns' Flash and GL. Flash starts a bit slow but when it gets going it really gets going. His GL is basically the definitive run for many, epic space opera. I also highly enjoyed his JSA too.

And now I've realised that the stories that I like and are close to continuity are mostly from Johns. Anything else is kind of its own little nugget, like : All star superman or for all seasons, Batgirl/Robin year one, Trinity (from Wagner) etc or some really continuity heavy stuff like 52 or Secret six.
    I mean Secret six is it's own thing but it starts in Infinite crisis. It might be easy to follow though, I still need to reread it (might make it my next read, it was a while ago but I absolutely loved that series).
    It isn't easy to find something to start when there is so much to choose from.

What did you think of the Grayson omnibus? The opinions about it are different, there are haters and lovers.

It isn't easy to find something to start when there is so much to choose from.

What did you think of the Grayson omnibus? The opinions about it are different, there are haters and lovers.
    haven't read it yet but looking forward to it. I've really liked Revival from Seeley so I hope I will like this too.

Btw my method with most superhero stuff is just jump in wherever it looks the most intriguing and then figure out the continuity as I go along, Did that my whole life and always managed to catch up.

ummm, nope, sorry. You will need Death of the family, Court of owls and at least the N52 portion of Batman INC (because of how it ends).
    That's my main gripe with this series, it's really continuity heavy.
    Eh, there was really only 1 issue that tied in to Court of Owls and 1 issue for Death of the Family. It would've been nice if they put a recap of the pivotal Batman Inc issue but it's pretty obvious what happened even if you didn't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Eh, there was really only 1 issue that tied in to Court of Owls and 1 issue for Death of the Family. It would've been nice if they put a recap of the pivotal Batman Inc issue but it's pretty obvious what happened even if you didn't read it.
    to be fair, I've even mentioned this in another thread recently, I usually can't tell how important continuity is. So you are probably right. Although IIRC they keep mentioning at least DotF later but I'm not sure.

Excited for the two new Colossal Conans!

Having the last one on my shelf (I need to read it again), I can't believe how much it's going for - I didn't even know it was out of print!

Extraordinary Member

If I wanted the entire Alan Moore Swamp Thing collection, I only need the six books right?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    If I wanted the entire Alan Moore Swamp Thing collection, I only need the six books right?
    Isn't there an upcoming absolute edition of Moore's Swamp Thing?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by benkerino View Post
    Isn't there an upcoming absolute edition of Moore's Swamp Thing?
    I'm not sure it's really been confirmed. Afaik there's only been one fish on an obscure website floating around.