Page 658 of 865 FirstFirst ... 158558608648654655656657658659660661662668708758 ... LastLast
Results 9,856 to 9,870 of 12974

Goods from yesterday's signing. Very proud of my Judge Dredd vol 1. There was a 5 item limit, I got 6 signed, was first in queue, had like 10 more books in my back back and carrier bag from Asda - you haven't seen me with all this stuff in underground when I was coming back home when I also bought some food from Wasabi, I love Wasabi, looked pathetic - and my plan was to queue up again but guy from Gosh said there is no way I would make it on time, it was an hour event and they were closing at 7. Anyway, very happy overall, busy event.

And few more. Even got GD edition signed again. I'm stupid.

Andddd one more, Slaine, one of the best comics evah!

Latest:

- Loved Lazarus. Wasn't quite what I expected, but in a good way. Will definitely get vol. 2 soon.

- New Blake and Mortimer: got some lukewarm reviews on the French Amazon site, and now I've read it, I have to agree. It's not really bad but so far the one B&M album I enjoyed the least.

- Undertaker: needs to be picked up by an English-language publisher asap. Vols. 1 and 2 were already great, but vol. 3 was outstanding. Brilliant new western series that is a little bit off the beaten path. Just a shame that this one ends on a cliffhanger and now I've got to wait until the end of the year at least for vol. 4.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post

- Loved Lazarus. Wasn't quite what I expected, but in a good way. Will definitely get vol. 2 soon.

- New Blake and Mortimer: got some lukewarm reviews on the French Amazon site, and now I've read it, I have to agree. It's not really bad but so far the one B&M album I enjoyed the least.

- Undertaker: needs to be picked up by an English-language publisher asap. Vols. 1 and 2 were already great, but vol. 3 was outstanding. Brilliant new western series that is a little bit off the beaten path. Just a shame that this one ends on a cliffhanger and now I've got to wait until the end of the year at least for vol. 4.
    glad you liked lazarus!

The Undertaker covers look great and I think they are transalted for digital distribution by that digital Euro comics publisher. It would be a day one purchase for me in physical form.

Ivizz: I'm jealous but you are a maniac for dragging all those books around!

Incredible Member

First time I read Lazarus I wasn't impressed but I still got v2, at which point I reread it from the beginning because I couldn't remember any of it and I quite liked it. Like LordJulius, it wasn't what I expected but it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    First time I read Lazarus I wasn't impressed but I still got v2, at which point I reread it from the beginning because I couldn't remember any of it and I quite liked it. Like LordJulius, it wasn't what I expected but it was good.
    I was the same way. I re-read vol. 1 and enjoyed it with vol. 2. That said I might have to go back again. It's been awhile. Also, thanks for posting the Civil War II spine.

Lazarus is fantastic. It's one of the few current books that continues to get better overall with each issue. Tremendous world building and character development. You can tell Rucka has really thought this one out. It's also one of the very few books that I read in floppies as well as buy the hardcovers. It's going to be a while before we see another hardcover, the single issue releases has slowed to a crawl.

Civil War 2...The spine of the book is better than the ill contrived and multiple character butchering story it contains. The art of David Marquez is gorgeous throughout though, I'm sure even better oversized.

obviously I envy you Ivizz, but out of 16 book, you've made Pat & Kevin signed again your already limited signed Marshal Law? It's an all new level for me

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    obviously I envy you Ivizz, but out of 16 book, you've made Pat & Kevin signed again your already limited signed Marshal Law? It's an all new level for me
    I'm stupid like that. Was hoping for Kev's sketch but with so many people in line I didn't have balls to ask. But it's even more limited now, you know. Two signatures instead of one.

The past 4-5 weeks I decided I was finally going to sit down and read/re-read Terry Moore's big books. I had read about 1/4 of Rachel Rising before when it was coming out and had picked up the hardcover omnibus in the fall. I also scored a great deal on the Echo hardcover in the fall as well. I had read maybe the first 20 or so issues of SiP and picked up the paperback omnibus of that a long time ago. Wanna open up a little discussion to those that have read them, and to those that haven't, there are obviously spoilers ahead.

SiP - I generally enjoyed this. It may have been a bit too long overall, a little repetitive here and there, but the highs were really high. His definite strength is writing interesting and compelling character interactions and real growth across the issues. It took a few issues to get going, but the best and most interesting aspect to me was Katchoo and her past/Parker Girls/gang etc. Additionally, I really liked how surreal it was at times. Jumping from simple conversations about whatever was going on, to a plane crashing, to a goofy wedding in a swamp, to someone having their hand sniped off and then their head. Sort of reminded me of the show Six Feet Under(not in story, but rather in how things unfolded, the realistic to surrealistic to unrealistic.

I think he wrapped it up perfectly, loose ends tied up cohesively, and I was completely satisfied with the ending. I'm a little apprehensive that he's returning to it.

Echo - I've been wanting to read Echo for 4-5 years since I first read about it, and it was the only series of his I went in not having read any issues prior. 1) It was not what I expected at all. 2) It was nice to see Tambi again, but at the same time it cheapened the "realness" SiP had. and 3) I really enjoyed it until about the last 5-6 pages. Where SiP had complete closure, Echo left me confused. He introduces that assassin guy, and then you see him as they rush the particle accelerator, and then nothing. Why even bother introducing him? What was in her box? What exactly happened? They all just walked away from Alaska no harm no foul? I feel like 2 more issues would have answered everything. He left way too much open.

Rachel Rising - Again, the ending left me cold. So many loose ends not tied up. First, I think this was the best of the three from the beginning. I devoured the first half in a day or so. Everything flowed. No wasted panels, no wasted issues, a lot of mystery leading to something big, and the next thing I know I'm on the last page with tons of questions. Why did that Doctor Sieman with the (un)dead wife cut part of Johnny's brain? Why did Jet's eyes return to normal after James leaves her body? Why did Earl see Ma Malai after he slept with Jet? How did Malus/Lucifer possess Carol? What was up with Lewis and peoples heads? And again, the connection to SiP again is nice, but at the same time it cheapened the "realness" SiP had. And the ending was abrupt as shit, just like Echo was.

I don't know if he ran out of ideas on how to end those 2, or he just got bored and wanted to end them, or he plans on addressing some of these loose ends in the upcoming SiP return or what.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I'm tempted to buy the Civil War II hardcover as it marks the point that I stopped reading Marvel.
    Secret Wars was my getting off point.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Secret Wars was my getting off point.
    That was my plan but I got suckered in by memories of Bendis' Iron Man in New Avengers. Sadly, I wasn't to know how let down I'd be. Old Man Logan was great while it had Sorrentino on it though so every cloud I guess ha ha.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

So, I saw this on amazon: Wasteland Compendium Volume One. Has anyone here read Wasteland? Is it good?

I while ago I finished reading Y: The Last Man and I posted about how I disliked the ending, I'm sure that it was in this thread. Anyway... I've re-read it and this time around I absolutely loved it, what the hell is with that? Have you guys experienced that much before? A bit like reheating chilli? Anyway, I now love the ending, so that is nice haha
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”