Page 616 of 865 FirstFirst ... 116516566606612613614615616617618619620626666716 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,240 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    My recent haul, I went to a comicon and got a nice dedi by Kerascoet in my (Dutch) copy of Beautyfull Darkness:

those ineke covers look very nice. have you read them yet? recommended? are they in english or dutch? lambiek says it's english, but the publisher's dutch, so...

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    those ineke covers look very nice. have you read them yet? recommended? are they in english or dutch? lambiek says it's english, but the publisher's dutch, so...
    Haven't gotten the chance to read them yet but the art is very nice. The publisher is Dutch but all Ineke books are in English. They also sell to clients outside The Netherlands and their shipping costs are quite reasonable, especially if you're in the EU http://www.sherpa.nu/english/

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    What's this new Metabaron book that't about to come out? Metabaron HC Book 01 Techno Admiral Anti Baron? Worth checking out? Or is it a reprint of stuff?
    It's a new story that hasn't been published in English before; it's not written by Jodorowsky but by Jerry Frissen.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    What's this new Metabaron book that't about to come out? Metabaron HC Book 01 Techno Admiral Anti Baron? Worth checking out? Or is it a reprint of stuff?
    it's a sequel to the original series so it follows the story of the last Metabaron the one from the Incal. This is only the first book I think there's gonna be like 8 or more altogether. Hope Jodo can finish the series, haven't read this yet but planning to pick it up soon.

It's a new story that hasn't been published in English before; it's not written by Jodorowsky but by Jerry Frissen.
    wait what? I thought Frissen is just the translator but looked it up and his name is on the French cover too. Huh...
    Although since Jodorovsky's name is first I think it might be a similar collaboration than Miller and Azzarello on TDKRIIITMR. Or I would think Jodo is a bit more involved.

Jodorowsky has nothing to do with the new series. He isn't working with Humanoids anymore for some reason, that's also why the last 2 bouncer books haven't been translated yet. They're published by Glenat instead of Humanoids in France.

Jodorowsky has nothing to do with the new series. He isn't working with Humanoids anymore for some reason, that's also why the last 2 bouncer books haven't been translated yet. They're published by Glenat instead of Humanoids in France.
    then why is his name on the cover? Just because he created the characters and the universe? I was convinced until 30 minutes ago that he is writing it.
    Now that made me think. Is it like an Alan Moore vs Before Watchmen scenario? Because I might not pick up this series then.
    edit:googled it and every website says Jodorovsky is involved with the new series and he came up with the plot but Frissen is writing the book.

After looking into it, it's based on a plot by Jodorowsky but written by Jerry Frissen; So me saying that Jodorowsky 'had nothing to do with it' was incorrect. I have no idea how detailed Jodo's plotting is nowadays, much of the Incal was made up as they went along (reusing much of his Dune script idea's).

After looking into it, it's based on a plot by Jodorowsky but written by Jerry Frissen; So me saying that Jodorowsky 'had nothing to do with it' was incorrect. I have no idea how detailed Jodo's plotting is nowadays, much of the Incal was made up as they went along (reusing much of his Dune script idea's).
    I think I will pick it up and see how it is. When you said he has nothing to do with it I thought he distanced himself from the series and it's a cashgrab by the publisher which I wouldn't support but if he is involved then I would like to try it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Haven't read enough of the book to pass a final verdict yet, but so far it's good. "Johan et Pirlouit" starts of okay, but gets much better once Pirlouit is introduced. I also loved the first Integrale of the Smurfs. "Tuniques Bleues" is great, but so far there have only been two integral editions. Not a funny, but really rather excellent is Buck Danny. "Tif et Tondu" I enjoyed very much, too, but for now I'll wait for the new integral edition in the style of the other Dupuis ones. The first volume will be out early next year (same goes for Lucky Luke, which will see its first new edition later this year).

Overall, I have yet to find a series that I don't like.

Oh, and if you like Spirou, then you definitely have to get Gaston in case you haven't got that yet. It's not by Dupuis, but it's Franquin, which is all you need to know.
    Thanks a bunch for your recommendations! Didn't know about new editions for Lucky Luke, I'll wait to pick them up as they are released then! I checked on Dupuis website and the new Volume 1 has more pages that the old edition so I guess they added supplemental stuff to the new one. I'll look into Buck Danny and "Tif et Tondu", but I'm pretty sure they'll end up on my wish-list, just like the rest lol

As for Gaston Lagaffe, yes I'll pick them up for sure! I just didn't mention them because I couldn't find any Intégrale edition (beside the OOP all-in-one edition from last year). Have you heard/read any information on future Intégrales editions for Gaston, or I'll have to buy each album individually ??

(BTW, where do you find those informations on future Intégrale edition releases ?? Any good online resources/message boards ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it's a sequel to the original series so it follows the story of the last Metabaron the one from the Incal. This is only the first book I think there's gonna be like 8 or more altogether. Hope Jodo can finish the series, haven't read this yet but planning to pick it up soon.
    Huh, well if Jodo isn't writing I think I'm gonna pass for now. Maybe if it gets a lot of talk I'll pick them up later

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think I will pick it up and see how it is. When you said he has nothing to do with it I thought he distanced himself from the series and it's a cashgrab by the publisher which I wouldn't support but if he is involved then I would like to try it.
    I read it yesterday, I'd say it's mediocre at least, nothing special really.

Question: I don't like superhero stuff - to put it very lightly - is Legion omni for me, or is it another generic story about people with super powers?

Locke & Key master edition 3 on the way.....yay

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    I read it yesterday, I'd say it's mediocre at least, nothing special really.
    hmmm....that makes me reconsider...