Page 654 of 865 FirstFirst ... 154554604644650651652653654655656657658664704754 ... LastLast
Results 9,796 to 9,810 of 12974
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    oh dear... is it a good seller though that they are putting out deluxes but not bloody Imperium?
    I think they are holding off on imperium because it was canceled early. Supposedly dysart will get a chance to finish his story (in the form of a mini or other down the line) and then we may see a HC packaged together. He mentioned something about the situation a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I think they are holding off on imperium because it was canceled early. Supposedly dysart will get a chance to finish his story (in the form of a mini or other down the line) and then we may see a HC packaged together. He mentioned something about the situation a while back.
    good to know, thanks! I will then probably not buy the trades even though I really want to continue reading the Harbinger story.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Hey guys, need your expertise.

Just bought some kind of pig in a poke (that's what we calls "cat in a sack" in Russia) for a huge amount of money.

It is sealed so seller didn't wanted to open it. But he said this is "From Hell limited box set edition".

Does it looks like From Hell Painfully Limited Edition?

I'll get the package only in a few weeks anyway.
    I've got no idea what you just said but technically that is not the official "limited edition" hardcover that was limited to 1,000 copies and signed by Moore and Campbell.

However, it is a rare book and I personally like the cover better than the official limited edition. This book typically goes for $100 to $200.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post

Quantum and Woody was **** back then and still is.
    Oh man I thought I was the only one who thought this! I bought the omnibus as a blind buy and couldn't make my way through it. It was just . . . lame and unfunny.

Anyone got an opinion on The Fourth Power? I really want to get it for Giminez's art but would rather get other stuff if it isn't a good story too.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    also it was very character focused instead of universe changing and that made every casualty feel heavy, even the ones where you barely knew who the dying were.
    I can't figure out how to say what I want to say without spoilers, but it's the only event where at the end the heroes (or "heroes") don't . . . [three-letter word].

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    /\ Bloodshot picks up a lot with Lemires Bloodshot Reborn, which spins out of The Valiant.
    Good to hear. I was a bit afraid the character himself (like, his concept) just didn't have any legs. I should have known it was more that Duane Swicyzwhatever flat-out sucks. He sucked fucking epically on Birds of Prey so I shouldn't have been surprised his Bloodshot was ****.

Although I would I have said Robert Venditti was a fucking hack for writing stories about dinosaurs in the speed force and the hatchet job he did on the Rogues, and XO was pretty decent. Not just in the story he came up with, but markedly better in the actual telling of it, as well.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Anyone got an opinion on The Fourth Power? I really want to get it for Giminez's art but would rather get other stuff if it isn't a good story too.
    I dunno. But I just picked it up. I'll review it at some point. Right now though I'm into Spider-man as you can see.

Latest hardcovers:

How is the Alex Toth Zorro?

I've just been looking in to more European stuff and I remember ages ago I was going to buy that WWI Tardi set and didn't. How I wish I did now...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I've got no idea what you just said but technically that is not the official "limited edition" hardcover that was limited to 1,000 copies and signed by Moore and Campbell.

However, it is a rare book and I personally like the cover better than the official limited edition. This book typically goes for $100 to $200.
    I means an old idiom (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_in_a_poke) when you buy something but don't know what exactly

Hmm. But I can't find the same box set on eBay. It looks like the edition made by Eddie Campbell specially for his website... but some details makes me worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Hey guys, need your expertise.

Just bought some kind of pig in a poke (that's what we calls "cat in a sack" in Russia) for a huge amount of money.

It is sealed so seller didn't wanted to open it. But he said this is "From Hell limited box set edition".

Does it looks like From Hell Painfully Limited Edition?

I'll get the package only in a few weeks anyway.
    What do you mean by the "Painfully limited edition"? If you mean the Graphitti Designs HC, then this isn't that one. The Graphitti Designs version is all black with a matte finish.
    Last edited by aaltomuoto; 02-01-2017 at 12:50 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    What do you mean by the "Painfully limited edition"? If you mean the Graphitti Designs HC, then this isn't that one. The Graphitti Designs version is all black.

I mean that one edition: http://www.chrismclaren.com/blog/200...fully-limited/

But I'm not 100% sure.

Cool! I didn't even know that edition existed
    It definitely looks the same as the one you've linked.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Cool! I didn't even know that edition existed
    It definitely looks the same as the one you've linked.
    I hope this is not a some European version in a Spanish or Hungarian language with the same cover or some custom bound with the same box

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    How is the Alex Toth Zorro?

I've just been looking in to more European stuff and I remember ages ago I was going to buy that WWI Tardi set and didn't. How I wish I did now...
    Ah man I've sold mine a few month ago... I wasn't very keen on it but it's not bad it's just not for me.
    I have the oversized Toth Zorro tpb but haven't read it yet. Picked ditch up pretty cheap because I like Zorro and Toth's art.