Page 168 of 865 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268668 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Definitely let us know how meka is compared to Zaya and Naja. I passed on it due to not being convinced by the preview, but I loved morvan's other stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Second this. I'm on the fence about purchasing Meka at some point. And if possible if anyone can give their opinion on Zaya and Naja as well.
    i will. started in on the first few pages of meka before work, and once it slows down, i'll be pulling it back out. not sure when i'll get to zaya, but the art was looking very nice on a quick flip through.

quick thoughts on naja: i enjoyed it. it took me a bit to get into the art, as i've never been that big of fan of anime style, but it grew on me, and by the end thought it was excellent. storywise, naja is an international assassin and story is about the tangled webs of that business. it jumps around a bit (on purpose) but all comes together at the end. i'm looking forward to a reread of this to try to put all the pieces together.
    formerly 'weeks'

Letting everyone know that I got in my order from Top Shelf - HC of From Hell and the BoJeffries SC. It took about a week and a half (media mail) but superb packaging!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Letting everyone know that I got in my order from Top Shelf - HC of From Hell and the BoJeffries SC. It took about a week and a half (media mail) but superb packaging!
    Do you mind posting front and back photos of the From Hell HC? I'm just curious how it looks compared to the version I have.

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    I ordered the first two Hellboy Library Editions. I wasn't crazy about the one Hellboy trade I read years ago, but I love BPRD and people wouldn't shut up about these things, so yeah.
    I think Hellboy starts to be really good with the 3rd trade (chained coffin and others) and I wasn't crazy about the first 2 either at first, but after reading them several times I started to appriciate them more and more (and after the 3rd trade I think HB is one of the best series).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Do you mind posting front and back photos of the From Hell HC? I'm just curious how it looks compared to the version I have.
    20140923_072852.jpg
    20140923_072901.jpg

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Just read the first few stories of "Son of the sun", the first Don Rosa Uncle Scrooge/Donald Duck Library volume. Had to restrain myself not to read the book in one setting. While Rosa's art is not as good as that of Barks, his storytelling techniques and his pacing especially when it comes to jokes are impeccable. Found myself laughing out loud several times. Highly recommended book.
    Do you have pictures of this book? Especially next to the Carl Barks Library books (like Lost in the Andes)?

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik K. Kristensen View Post
    Do you have pictures of this book? Especially next to the Carl Barks Library books (like Lost in the Andes)?
    The book is deluxe sized (11"). Fanta has a video of the book and preview pages on their website: http://www.fantagraphics.com/browse-...ada-only-.html

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Can't seem to find a volume 1 of Chronicles of Legion vol 1 but Elric is done and done. I had forgotten that book was coming out. Thanks!
    Odd enough it seems to have disappeared off amazon.com. It;s on the European amazon's though so it should still come eventually. Volume 2 and 3 are already on .com too, so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    my arrivals today. i finished naja last night, so i'm eager for meka and zaya. and i wish dc would put out more of these unwrapped books. i love them.

Awesome haul. Can't seem to find Zaya anywhere on this side of the pond. I've got Naja coming in this week though

It's aliiiiiivve...

As promised, here's my review of "Elric: The Ruby Throne":

http://the9thblog.blogspot.com/2014/...ol-1-ruby.html

Last edited by LordJulius; 09-23-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik K. Kristensen View Post
    There you go:

Makes me wish FB would have published the Barks books at the same size.

Fantastic Member

Hello guys, I in a business trip in north Europe now and today I discovered a lot of Humanoids books in a nearest comics shop. Could you tell something [positive] about El Niño and Cape Horn hardcovers? Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Odd enough it seems to have disappeared off amazon.com. It;s on the European amazon's though so it should still come eventually. Volume 2 and 3 are already on .com too, so weird.

Awesome haul. Can't seem to find Zaya anywhere on this side of the pond. I've got Naja coming in this week though
    I got Zaya through amazon.de (pre ordered it though).

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post

Booksuppository have it. I ordered one on the weekend. It was out of stock there, but then it showed up (I got a notification). Mine hasn't shipped though
    http://www.bookdepository.com/Zaya-J.../9780991332496

Quote Originally Posted by Wollodrin View Post
    I got Zaya through amazon.de (pre ordered it though).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    Booksuppository have it. I ordered one on the weekend. It was out of stock there, but then it showed up (I got a notification). Mine hasn't shipped though
    http://www.bookdepository.com/Zaya-J.../9780991332496
    Thanks guys. I ordered last week on amazon.de. Amazon.co.uk say it should ship in 1-3 weeks, and since they and amazon.de basically use the same stock info on most books, I'll wait that out, since I prefer them to bookdep.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Hello guys, I in a business trip in north Europe now and today I discovered a lot of Humanoids books in a nearest comics shop. Could you tell something [positive] about El Niño and Cape Horn hardcovers? Thanks a lot!
    Great art and great stories on both books. Especially El Niño! You can read the first issue of El Niño for free on the Humanoids website this month, so take a look at that: http://www.humanoids.com/digital/listFree#.VCHdzku_29Y