Page 11 of 865 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast

BIG haul this week:

A mix of new and 2nd hand books, I think I officially have to much editions of "Eyes of the Cat" now

And the big one: All Tintin albums in (Dutch) Facimile editions.

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    tnx, i wasn't able to login yesterday, but i can find all my threads now

Saga deluxe is on preorder discount if anyone is interested

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1632150786

btw. What are your thoughts on tracking down all user submitted images&videos from collected editions of interest, and linking them together in one place, to much work?
    There was some talk of that in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    tnx, i wasn't able to login yesterday, but i can find all my threads now

Saga deluxe is on preorder discount if anyone is interested

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1632150786

btw. What are your thoughts on tracking down all user submitted images&videos from collected editions of interest, and linking them together in one place, to much work?
    I've done just that for the DC thread, which the previous OP had made links to posts in the thread that had a review or pics of books. Took me a an hour or two to make new posts and link them to the first part of the thread. You can see it here:

http://community.comicbookresources....ull=1#post7399

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis on The Colossal Conan
    Well, I believe it weighs in at more than ten pounds, lol. It's a mammoth tome.
    I took this pic the day it arrived. I was that mesmerized, lol. (I was like "Move over, 2nd Print AMS Omnibus Vol. 1, the new überbook is here".)

5.8 kg = 12.79 pounds

Fantastic Member

heh, yeah it's sort of a "this one goes to 11" deal. It's the definition of "over the top."

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    I've actually only bought one DH Archive so far (Tales from the Crypt Volume 4), so I can't really be of much help here, but then they (Dark Horse) have only published The Vault of Horror Volume 3 and Weird Fantasy Volume 1. I don't own any Gemstone Archive either.
    the new darkhorse relases are oversized?

Fantastic Member

It's a pity all forum content was lost. Anyway. Here are some of my latest purchases:

I'm happy because Astonishing x-men omnibus and all Starmen omnibuses was sold by one of the Russian comics collectors only for ~230 dollars. Great deal.

Btw, Daytripper deluxe is great. And I liked Aama too, can't wait until the second hardcover release!

Hey guys, does anyone have the Criminal Deluxe Editions? What's the quality like on those hardcovers?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Hey guys, does anyone have the Criminal Deluxe Editions? What's the quality like on those hardcovers?
    They're probably the nicest books of that size I own. Nice thick paper, perfect sewn binding etc.
    Really really nice and well worth the purchase.

You should look into Icognito The Classified Edition as well, same quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_ View Post
    They're probably the nicest books of that size I own. Nice thick paper, perfect sewn binding etc.
    Really really nice and well worth the purchase.

You should look into Icognito The Classified Edition as well, same quality.
    Thanks! I just read up on Incognito and it sounds like something I would like.

I have those too. Awesome story and really great build quality +printed cover, no dust jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    It's a pity all forum content was lost. Anyway. Here are some of my latest purchases:

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7998cd64.jpg

I'm happy because Astonishing x-men omnibus and all Starmen omnibuses was sold by one of the Russian comics collectors only for ~230 dollars. Great deal.

Btw, Daytripper deluxe is great. And I liked Aama too, can't wait until the second hardcover release!
    Ha you went with that great deal. Good on ya! Looking forward to that Over Easy HC. Supposed to be pretty good. Have you read it yet?

Amazing Member

Thanks! I just read up on Incognito and it sounds like something I would like.
    It's really good don't get me wrong but for me it was just missing the magic of Sleeper and Criminal.
    Still very good comics though.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post

that's a great deal, an awesome price for those books! i want astonishing x-men badly.

i also enjoyed aama quite a bit. i just saw volume two pop up on amazon, i think a october or november release.
    formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    BIG haul this week:

A mix of new and 2nd hand books, I think I officially have to much editions of "Eyes of the Cat" now
    http://i59.tinypic.com/1605xn5.jpg

And the big one: All Tintin albums in (Dutch) Facimile editions.
    http://i57.tinypic.com/2mgnnzd.jpg
    Awesome haul. How are those Hilda books? I loved Luke Pearson's Everything We Miss, and although targeted at kids is Hilda enjoyable for adults too?

It's also been ages since I read some of those Tintin books. Which ones should I get first if I were to build up the complete collection?