Page 134 of 865 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 12974
    Incredible Member

When I finished Daytripper, I didn't know what the fuss was all about. I loved the art, but in the end I just shrugged and put it back on my shelf. I must not have a pulse, haha.

I'm with you, pud333. There was actually a review thread about it a couple weeks ago.

http://community.comicbookresources....eviews-part-10

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    I'm with you, pud333. There was actually a review thread about it a couple weeks ago.

http://community.comicbookresources....eviews-part-10
    Oh I loved that thread
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Anyone got that Ec comics slipcase? It's available for €45 on Amazon.de and I'd love to try Ec comics for the first time. Is it of good quality?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Anyone got that Ec comics slipcase? It's available for €45 on Amazon.de and I'd love to try Ec comics for the first time. Is it of good quality?
    That's the collection I have, Wallace Wood, Harvey Kurtzman, Jack Davis, and Al Williamson. Beautiful, retro covers and very informative essays about the artists. Kurtzman does an interview where he critiques Kubert and Alex Toth, hilarious, but they almost didn't cut the mustard. I think it's a great price for dozens of terrific stories. Stan Lee and Kirby get a lot of praise for creating their sixties bullpen, but EC Comics has a line up that is astounding.

Pre-ordering the hardcover of Terry Moore's Echo. First time purchasing anything from Abstract Studios and was curious if anyone could comment on the quality of their trades build-wise.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    That's the great collection with superb quality, but you should know that it's only a part of fantagraphics' EC line reprints and they made it black & white for some reasons. Though maybe it's even better that way.

Spectacular Member

How does the material inside hold up? Is it still a good read or is it pretty hokey? I ask because I like crime stories and was interested in the crime/suspense archive edition

I received the Limited Edition's of Naja and Zaya today direct from Magnetic Press.

First up, they packaged the books quite well in a sturdy box and with paper around the books so they couldn't shift in transit.

Now for pics because that's all we really care about.

That little gold symbol down in the bottom corner of the slipcase looks like this:

It's a classy little addition.

Naja

Basically, the LE is the standard book in a slip case (with cut out window showcasing a part of the cover art) and a print. The prints are numbered so basically act as your edition number. The website says they were limited to 300 copies but the prints are out of 350. The Naja release print has been signed by the artist Bengal.

Naja interior art

Last edited by momaw; 08-19-2014 at 03:34 AM.

Naja Synopsis

Zaya

Print by Huang-Jia Wei which unfortunately is not signed. It is numbered like Naja was.

Zaya interior art

I really love the art in this one

Zaya Synopsis