Page 818 of 819 FirstFirst ... 318718768808814815816817818819 LastLast
Results 12,256 to 12,270 of 12272
  1. #12256
    Fantastic Member JoeGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sho nuff View Post
    Since you guys are talking about Akira, I have a question. How is the right to left format? Is it hard to get used to?
    I've only checked out the books I mentioned so I have only 1 week experience with it, but it seems perfectly easy to get used to.

  2. #12257
    Spectacular Member sho nuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Thanks guys

  3. #12258
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    The BWS conan comics are
    Of
    Course worth checking out, esp. if the original coloring is intact.

    I just wish someone would limit the omnis to 800-1000 pages and 75 bucks. Ive got about 15 now and really dont like paying 125 or 150 for 1300 pages.

    Even discounted, they are just too unwieldy to read and store. We’re getting diminishing value here people.
    Totally agree. I'll never understand and I'll never buy Omnibus releases with 1200, 1300 or 1500 pages. They may look great on your shelf, but they are a pain to handle and to read and due to DC's crappy binding they'll simply fall apart sooner or later - which is totally inadequate for a $100+ item.

    Why not simply split such releases into two or three separate HC's with at most 500 pages each, housed in a nice slipcase? Production costs should be nearly identical, but you'll get a much better product this way!

  4. #12259

    Default

    Can anyone do me a favor and look at their Clone Saga Omnibus Volume 2 books binding? I just finished reading Volume 1 and wanted to jump into Volume 2 now but i noticed that unlike Volume 1, Volume 2 doesn't stay open completely flat and closes shut for the first 50 pages and it doesn't create a eyehole at the spine. I know this is still sewn binding since i can see the sewing but somehow this one acts like it's glued binding so now i would like to know if that's just because i got a faulty copy or if they are all like that.

  5. #12260
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    Totally agree. I'll never understand and I'll never buy Omnibus releases with 1200, 1300 or 1500 pages. They may look great on your shelf, but they are a pain to handle and to read and due to DC's crappy binding they'll simply fall apart sooner or later - which is totally inadequate for a $100+ item.

    Why not simply split such releases into two or three separate HC's with at most 500 pages each, housed in a nice slipcase? Production costs should be nearly identical, but you'll get a much better product this way!
    I love DC's new Deluxe Editions. Not too skinny and not too fat or heavy.
    Favorite Artists Right Now: Ivan Reis, Andrea Sorrentino, Stuart Immonen, Jason Fabok, Olivier Coipel, Nick Dragotta, Kim Jacinto, Patrick Gleason, Jorge Jimenez, Greg Capullo, Jerome Opena, Steve McNiven, Jim Cheung, Steve Epting, Sean Murphy.

    "Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It's not the time that matters, it's the person."--The Doctor

    The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever! --Isaiah 40:8

  6. #12261
    Amazing Member Dr Hank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Is IST or ToW going to get that Akira set? Hate to use Amazon if I don't have to. I've put off getting those books for too many years - either getting the anniversary set or the separate trades soon.

  7. #12262
    Mighty Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    WGBS
    Posts
    1,619

    Default

    I just read Green Lantern Earth One. They don't need to look to far if they want to make a series or movie about G.L. Easily my favorite GL story in ages.

  8. #12263
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,229

    Default

    On the other hand, after the last attempt, I'm happy for everybody to leave GL well alone. I like GL :P

  9. #12264
    Mighty Member My Two Cents's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,362

    Default

    I had a problem with my McFarlane Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus.
    At the end of the book there is a cover gallery by McFarlane that are printed on black pages.
    a few of the pages were not completely trimmed at the top and I had to use a knife to
    split them apart. I also found the regular white pages to be constantly clinging as I flipped pages.

    Marvel is really having some small and big problems with the people they are contracting to make
    these trades and omnibuses. I would hope they take this serious and move quickly to fix it
    before they lose too many customers because of trust issues.

  10. #12265
    Fantastic Member Dick Grayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I had a problem with my McFarlane Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus.
    At the end of the book there is a cover gallery by McFarlane that are printed on black pages.
    a few of the pages were not completely trimmed at the top and I had to use a knife to
    split them apart. I also found the regular white pages to be constantly clinging as I flipped pages.

    Marvel is really having some small and big problems with the people they are contracting to make
    these trades and omnibuses. I would hope they take this serious and move quickly to fix it
    before they lose too many customers because of trust issues.
    I think if the super-thin paper and higher prices haven’t stopped many from buying, it’ll take a lot more to get Marvel omni fans to not buy an omni of material they like.

  11. #12266
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    6,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I had a problem with my McFarlane Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus.
    At the end of the book there is a cover gallery by McFarlane that are printed on black pages.
    a few of the pages were not completely trimmed at the top and I had to use a knife to
    split them apart. I also found the regular white pages to be constantly clinging as I flipped pages.

    Marvel is really having some small and big problems with the people they are contracting to make
    these trades and omnibuses. I would hope they take this serious and move quickly to fix it
    before they lose too many customers because of trust issues.
    That is frustrating.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  12. #12267
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Is there a version of Stardust that's fully illustrated by Charles Vess, or only the prose version with spot illustrations?

  13. #12268
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    The Colossal Conan Omni by Dark Horse is delayed?
    I see it on Diamond's page of releases for the week but not on IST.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  14. #12269
    Incredible Member LordJulius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    963

    Default

    Oh for f**** sake! I had waited for the latest sales update from Cheap-comics.com a few weeks ago to see if they got the Johns GL Omnis in there. They didn‘t, so I bought them from other retailers for around 70€ each. And of course what happens today? CC.com just added a few more books to their current sales, among which are all three omnis for 60€ each.

  15. #12270
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Oh for f**** sake! I had waited for the latest sales update from Cheap-comics.com a few weeks ago to see if they got the Johns GL Omnis in there. They didn‘t, so I bought them from other retailers for around 70€ each. And of course what happens today? CC.com just added a few more books to their current sales, among which are all three omnis for 60€ each.
    That Sir, is called 'Sod's Law', and I hate it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •