Page 592 of 865 FirstFirst ... 92492542582588589590591592593594595596602642692 ... LastLast
Results 8,866 to 8,880 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I honestly remember seeing various old pulp illustrations for Conan and not all of them were all muscly like the Frazetta paintings.
    Haven't read the books yet though so maybe Howard described him as a modern bodybuilder.
    Howard almost always described him as being a very imposing figure of a man - usually the most imposing physique in whatever room he was in, lol. The definition of that has changed over the years. Back in the pulp days, the "skinnier" guys in those covers would have been considered giants by the readers.

The Wood run was very refreshing for someone who have been collecting Conan comics for 35 years, so for the time being it is the one I prefer since Dark Horse took over the publishing properties. The Wood episodes drawn by Becky Cloonan and James Harren were the highlights of all these runs for me.

Did they ever release a 2nd OHC of Peter Panzerfaust? I can't really find an answer online.....some places say it was released, but there's no way to buy it, other places say it's gonna come out in two weeks. Anyone know for sure whats going on?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Did they ever release a 2nd OHC of Peter Panzerfaust? I can't really find an answer online.....some places say it was released, but there's no way to buy it, other places say it's gonna come out in two weeks. Anyone know for sure whats going on?
    I dont think weibe ever finished the series so they didn't print it. He has a history of just dropping titles...

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I dont think weibe ever finished the series so they didn't print it. He has a history of just dropping titles...
    Although iirc the artist recently tweeted his completed pages for the final issue so there may be hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Although iirc the artist recently tweeted his completed pages for the final issue so there may be hope...
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post

Interesting, good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    No, they solicited it but then never released it.

Incredible Member

Latest. So happy to have the Mcfarlane Spidey omnibus. Brings back good memories from my Jr. Highschool days. I really like the covers of these Marvel books but the paper... My god. So brutal. I feel like I'm turning pages of toilet paper.

Incredible Member

Quick question for the Spawn fans:

I see Spawn Origins hardcovers and Spawn Origins deluxe hardcovers. I assume the first are standard size, but just how big are the Deluxe versions? Are they typical oversized, or are they something closer to Absolute or Library edition size?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Quick question for the Spawn fans:

I see Spawn Origins hardcovers and Spawn Origins deluxe hardcovers. I assume the first are standard size, but just how big are the Deluxe versions? Are they typical oversized, or are they something closer to Absolute or Library edition size?
    The Origins Hardcovers are standards Image deluxe hardcovers, the deluxe hardcovers are Absolute sized with a slipcase.

The latest Origins Hardcover is due out in October and goes to #125, currently theres no sign of a Deluxe volumes 5 which would go up to the same issue.

The first two volumes of the deluxe editions are impossible to find for anything approaching a reasonable price so best of luck if you decide to go that route.

BANNED

Spawn Origins hard covers are at the same size as DC's Deluxe HCs... (28cm hight, 19cm wide) Spawn Deluxe HCs are Absolute sized and the first volume goes for insane prices...as drd said. Spawn Origins HCs are the only resonable option, i collect them and very happy with quailty of what i got.
    Last edited by Batarang; 08-20-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Latest. So happy to have the Mcfarlane Spidey omnibus. Brings back good memories from my Jr. Highschool days. I really like the covers of these Marvel books but the paper... My god. So brutal. I feel like I'm turning pages of toilet paper.

I picked up that Spider-Man omnibus too. Worth every penny.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

TMNT Ongoing Collection Vol.3

Previews has it listed for release this upcoming Wednesday, August 24th now.
    Amazon has it way off in Jan '17

It's coming out next week, yes? Amazon uses that Jan as a placeholder after somethings been pushed back, right?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    The Origins Hardcovers are standards Image deluxe hardcovers, the deluxe hardcovers are Absolute sized with a slipcase.

The latest Origins Hardcover is due out in October and goes to #125, currently theres no sign of a Deluxe volumes 5 which would go up to the same issue.

The first two volumes of the deluxe editions are impossible to find for anything approaching a reasonable price so best of luck if you decide to go that route.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Spawn Origins hard covers are at the same size as DC's Deluxe HCs... (28cm hight, 19cm wide) Spawn Deluxe HCs are Absolute sized and the first volume goes for insane prices...as drd said. Spawn Origins HCs are the only resonable option, i collect them and very happy with quailty of what i got.
    Thanks to both of you. Yeah, will stick with the non deluxe route. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
    I picked up that Spider-Man omnibus too. Worth every penny.
    It really brings back lots of good memories. I was like 12 or 13 when that series came out and I remember taking the bus by myself traveling over an hour to get to the comic shop to pick up my issues. I wish I still had those.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    TMNT Ongoing Collection Vol.3

Previews has it listed for release this upcoming Wednesday, August 24th now.
    Amazon has it way off in Jan '17

It's coming out next week, yes? Amazon uses that Jan as a placeholder after somethings been pushed back, right?
    it's delayed unfortunately. But not unsurprising.

Speaking of TMNT... Anyone read the Batman TMNT crssover? I'm planning to pick up the hc but if it's not that great I will skip.