Page 788 of 865 FirstFirst ... 288688738778784785786787788789790791792798838 ... LastLast
Results 11,806 to 11,820 of 12974

Does the missing page make a great deal of difference? Mines been posted and I got it at a discounted price which I probably won’t get on a new copy and more importantly I really can’t be arsed

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Does the missing page make a great deal of difference? Mines been posted and I got it at a discounted price which I probably won’t get on a new copy and more importantly I really can’t be arsed
    I think it does. You can see what the missing page is from the link in my post about this on the previous page.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Not really.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Would you recommend cancelling my order? I imagine it ships in the next day or so.
    It depends on if you are a completist or simply believe that page is important to the story. I'm in both of those categories, so I'll be getting the corrected version in August.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    It depends on if you are a completist or simply believe that page is important to the story. I'm in both of those categories, so I'll be getting the corrected version in August.
    I cancelled mine and got a promise to get it in August for the same pre-orderprice

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I cancelled mine and got a promise to get it in August for the same pre-orderprice
    Cool. I'm glad you're getting it for the same price. You have to wait a few months, but at least you'll know it's correct.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Bit off topic, but I was wondering if anyone recommends Black Magick by Rucka? There is a HC out at the end of the year. Is there any reason not to give it a go?
    I've only read the first trade, but i enjoyed it quite a bit. Wasn't really interested in it at all, but i like Rucka, so you could say it won me over. I'll be getting the HC myself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Do you have a link to the announcement? Books sellers asked for some proof

How was FCBD for you guys? I had decenttt hunt.

And signing with Allreds and Gillen. Bought iZombie specially for event but hasn't arrive on time. Damn shame. Allreds are really nice people, talkative like hell that's why queue was moving super slow.

I got a couple other books from FCBD including the Absolute Edition of Year One. Kyle Higgins was signing books. He had several out including Nightwing, which I never read. Or at least haven't read his stories. I opted instead to get COWL, which is his own independent work. He's a very nice guy and signed books and chatted with everyone.

IMG_0561.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I got a couple other books from FCBD including the Absolute Edition of Year One. Kyle Higgins was signing books. He had several out including Nightwing, which I never read. Or at least haven't read his stories. I opted instead to get COWL, which is his own independent work. He's a very nice guy and signed books and chatted with everyone.
    I'm jealous you got to meet Kyle Higgins. I like his stuff a lot. If you haven't read COWL yet, it's really good, but there are only 2 TPBs of it. I'm hoping the team return to it one day.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Isn't Higgins writing MMPR right now? If so, he's been pretty solid on that title.

And I thought we all agreed not to purchase the Absolute Y1?? Solidarity!!
    Last edited by awayne83; 05-05-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm jealous you got to meet Kyle Higgins. I like his stuff a lot. If you haven't read COWL yet, it's really good, but there are only 2 TPBs of it. I'm hoping the team return to it one day.
    I've never read anything by him. COWL looked good or at least the premise did. I can't say for sure but I think he said something to the fact that it was the series he just finished, so I don't think there will be more. He did tell someone a funny story about the Power Rangers. I think he's writing that series or did write it. Someone asked him who his favorite Ranger was and he said he has one but the company said they needed to all be treated equally. He said he got in a little hot water with the first issue. I think it had something to do with a joke about everyone liking the green PR but I sort of quit listening since I had to get in line and I don't really like the PRs anyway. But again, he seemed like a really good guy. He also brought up Donny Cates. I can't remember the context but they're friends, so he was promoting Venom as well.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 05-05-2018 at 07:38 PM.