Page 30 of 865 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130530 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Got several things in lately that I'm psyched about. A Complete Lowlife by Ed Brubaker isn't hardcover or oversized obviously, but it is really good so I left it in. It seems a lot like Stray Bullets except inspired by Brubaker's real life. It's crazy and I didnt know he could draw so well.
    Excellent haul, can't go wrong with the Tardi/Manchette books and Frank is the cat's pyjamas.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Just got a confirmation that there will be a Sixth gun deluxe hardcover vol 2!2014-05-08 17.41.27.jpg
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

Well, while I was making that last post (where all the pics are in backwards order and some upside down - sorry!), my copy of Cannon by the one and only Wallace Wood came in the mail! This book looks fantastic. Not only because Wood's art is great, but Fantagraphics really put this together nicely. The oversized length really allows the strips to be shown the best way possible without compressing them to fit normal book size. Oh, and i made sure to post only pages that DIDNT have topless women or fairly explicit sex on them (of which there are very few) since i am not sure what the rules are here.

Incredible Member

Here's what showed up in the mail today! Oh and Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Volume 2.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Just got a confirmation that there will be a Sixth gun deluxe hardcover vol 2!2014-05-08 17.41.27.jpg
    What would their Deluxe line be equivalent to? There's a bit of content in the first volume, but it's a bit pricey.

Fantastic Member

And some more...the picture of it on my shelf is to show how much longer it is than a "normal" book. Not sure if I will leave it sticking out like that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    What would their Deluxe line be equivalent to? There's a bit of content in the first volume, but it's a bit pricey.
    It's about the size of an Absolute. Just a tiny bit taller. At least the Sixth Gun Deluxe is. Don't know about any other Oni press series other then Wasteland. Which gets "apocalyptic editions" which are just normal OHC.

Look here:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=kBlRkrP2q44
    It's like Dark horse library editions only a little thinner paper (but still great paper) and bigger than library edition, even bigger than absolute's.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Look here:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=kBlRkrP2q44
    It's like Dark horse library editions only a little thinner paper (but still great paper) and bigger than library edition, even bigger than absolute's.
    Thanks. That is one big ass book. I guess that justifies the higher price.

Hey guys, look at this:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/1702/s...rns-new-series

Interesting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Hey guys, look at this:

Interesting!!!
    Hells yes! I've been waiting both for Usagi monthlies to return and for further deluxe editions. The Fantagraphics collection was awesomely produced.

Great news. The first book is great value and I've been tempted to get it. I'm sold on it now that there's a second on its way.

Thanks. That is one big ass book. I guess that justifies the higher price.
    It's indeed a steap price but I was able to get it for €19 so a great buy for me

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Hey guys, look at this:

Interesting!!!
    Awesome! I've actually been going to the library and reading all his old hardcover trades. Can't wait for it to come out!

So I recently taught a couple of extra revision classes and have an extra £200 coming my way at the end of the month. Figured you guys might have a good idea of what to do with it

I'm thinking Sixth Gun, the huge Conan omnibus and the Peter Pan book from a few pages back. Any other suggestions? I have both Fear Agent books before someone justifiably recommends it!